dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mervyn, wow some really nice tools you picked up. The Bosch table saw is great. I really like the design on the B&D belt sander though. Makes it look kinda mean. A tool with style which has been missing for a while.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mervyn, wow some really nice tools you picked up. The Bosch table saw is great. I really like the design on the B&D belt sander though. Makes it look kinda mean. A tool with style which has been missing for a while.

Not sure about the styling but what I liked is how you can bring it so very close to a wall or baseboard if you are sanding a floor. A friend of mine has the smaller version and I had the use of it for a day and liked it.

JM did you win the lottery? Nice haul of tools there and some seriously useful ones on the jobsite, too.

No not the lottery … I just live a simple life ie … don’t smoke, drink very little, live in a small affordable home (almost paid up) and no expensive hobbies (apart from my self built computer … one day I must post that beast) then when you work hard and the rewards come it and your old tools wear out it’s time to replace them.

I’m about to build another shed/workshop and wanted good tools to complement the job. Any job worth doing is a job worth doing with good tools. … right?

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Gosh, except for a Bosch sander and a recpicating saw all my Bosch purchases have been made since I joined BTP. Not a single point redeemed.

Bosch will be pleased … lol.

This was my second purchase of the day but at another Rona as my local store didn’t have this in stock.

In the box …

Out the box … I’m thinking

At the London store I asked for discount on the saw and the lad looking after the tool section said there was no discount to be had. I then told him I was a contractor and he offered me a small discount again repeating the the store management forbade him to give more. I then told him of my purchase that morning at my local store and indicated the discount I got there (much more then he was offering) his attitude relaxed a little then suddenly he was offering to price match some fictitious store. The discount amounted to around 15 percent, so now that I had got that discount I decided to buy a few more tools … just to reward him you understand. lol.

My router burned out a few weeks ago … it was time to replace it too.

Same with my belt sander, to many rough operators who thought by leaning on the sander made it work better … sigh … thats the cost of lending tools out to fools.

That’s the box I saw. I remember the gravity rise part of it. Nice set of goodies you got there. I find our local Rona is sparse in some of the selection and there is one guy that I prefer not to deal with. He seems so indifferent to the customer. Perhaps I am not in business so not “big enough” to be worth his time.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Any job worth doing is a job worth doing with good tools. … right?

That’s one of the things for me as well. While I’m not a tradesman, doing my own work is also about acquiring tools that make the job more enjoyable. I just love using all sorts of different tools, especially unique specialized ones that we don’t find in BB stores.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That’s the box I saw. I remember the gravity rise part of it. Nice set of goodies you got there. I find our local Rona is sparse in some of the selection and there is one guy that I prefer not to deal with. He seems so indifferent to the customer. Perhaps I am not in business so not “big enough” to be worth his time.

All the Rona/CT are franchised so it really depends on the store owner/manager. People always crap on CT but the local one here is pretty decent. Rona not so much.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

All the Rona/CT are franchised so it really depends on the store owner/manager. People always crap on CT but the local one here is pretty decent. Rona not so much.

Rona has 2 different levels of store. The “corporate” stores are just franchises as you would expect, getting all their goods from, and pretty much controlled by head office. Then there are “independent” franchises, who get goods in from other, outside suppliers. The one in Goderich is independent for example, and there you can get things like Richilieu hardware which is not available in the corporate stores.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Gosh, except for a Bosch sander and a recpicating saw all my Bosch purchases have been made since I joined BTP. Not a single point redeemed.

Bosch will be pleased … lol.

This was my second purchase of the day but at another Rona as my local store didn’t have this in stock.

In the box …

Out the box … I’m thinking

At the London store I asked for discount on the saw and the lad looking after the tool section said there was no discount to be had. I then told him I was a contractor and he offered me a small discount again repeating the the store management forbade him to give more. I then told him of my purchase that morning at my local store and indicated the discount I got there (much more then he was offering) his attitude relaxed a little then suddenly he was offering to price match some fictitious store. The discount amounted to around 15 percent, so now that I had got that discount I decided to buy a few more tools … just to reward him you understand. lol.

My router burned out a few weeks ago … it was time to replace it too.

Same with my belt sander, to many rough operators who thought by leaning on the sander made it work better … sigh … thats the cost of lending tools out to fools.

I know who you mean … I just jolly him along to try and get him to break out those chuckle muscles he very seldom uses … for my purchase there I went direct to the manager as he can give a bigger “trade” discount. Open an account there Jim and you will get a similar discount.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

I hear you – some of the CT stores can be reasonable, but you always have to know your prices and products.

Will

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

grats JM on your purchase – quite some big spending in the last few days on tools 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Bought a Bosch Bulldog SDS Plus bit today.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Bought a Bosch Bulldog SDS Plus bit today.

what are you drilling now? is this still part of the backyard renos?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I just ordered a 12v jigsaw, I have been thiking about getting it for a while and just pulled the trigger. It will be nice for setting cabinets when I need to cut out a quick outlet or something.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just ordered a 12v jigsaw, I have been thiking about getting it for a while and just pulled the trigger. It will be nice for setting cabinets when I need to cut out a quick outlet or something.

Congrats Austin, I am sure you will be happy with it when it comes. I really like mine.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Nice austin. Curious about the size difference. How it compares with the JS572EB.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Nice austin. Curious about the size difference. How it compares with the JS572EB.

I will! Do a good comparison once I get it. Hopefully I will be using it in the next week or so when setting cabinets

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I will! Do a good comparison once I get it. Hopefully I will be using it in the next week or so when setting cabinets

That will be an interesting comparison corded vs 12V

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

JS572EB

What is a JS572EB ????

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

What is a JS572EB ????

This one here

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

What is a JS572EB ????

This one here

That looks a nice saw … I’m still using a cheap mastercraft here … cant wait till it breaks.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

What is a JS572EB ????

This one here

That looks a nice saw … I’m still using a cheap mastercraft here … cant wait till it breaks.

Gotta love those love/hate relationships with tools eh.

You can’t really complain about the tool because of the price you paid, but you can’t justify the upgrade to a better quality tool either.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘Today … I bought a Bosch’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.985 seconds