dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch

• This topic has 1,004 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

I thought Be The Pro and their sponsors Bosch and others would like to know that not only are we (members) point gathering maniacs but also discerning tool buyers. While we appreciate the reward system here at Be The Pro the information gathered here plus the reviews of the tools go a long way to help us decide what power tools to buy next.

My new Bosch

In the box

First cuts

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Is that the box I saw in the trash bin? As soon as I saw it I thought it must be you.

Congrats! A wise tool purchase indeed.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Congrats on the purchase JourneyMan. You will really enjoy using your new Glide saw.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

My new Bosch

Congrats on the new saw Mervyn! 👍

Not a bad idea for such a thread. The “I Got a Box” thread for announcing sponsors prizes redeemed for and received. The “Toolaholics” thread for non-redeemed stuff we buy that is not Bosch tools. And this one for when we buy Bosch tools. Is that what you had in mind in starting it?

My new Bosch

Congrats on the new saw Mervyn! 👍

Not a bad idea for such a thread. The “I Got a Box” thread for announcing sponsors prizes redeemed for and received. The “Toolaholics” thread for non-redeemed stuff we buy that is not Bosch tools. And this one for when we buy Bosch tools. Is that what you had in mind in starting it?

Exactly that … I believe it would help the staff at BTP show that there is more to what goes on here other than piling on the rewards points.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Is that the box I saw in the trash bin? As soon as I saw it I thought it must be you.

Congrats! A wise tool purchase indeed.

That was not the box … lol … but it still was me. you don’t miss a thing eh?

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@JourneyMan congrats on the saw, awesome for joining the 12 inch glide club.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Very nice purchase. If/when my current 12″ kicks the can the glide is #1 on my list to replace it.

Nice glide. From what others said it is one heck of a saw. Will be waiting for your imput on it

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@journeyman congrats on the saw, awesome for joining the 12 inch glide club.

Maybe that will be his next purchase. LOL That is the 10″ Glide.
    Congrats on the new BOSCH tool .

Any reason why you decided on the 10″ over the 12″?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Great idea to start this thread and congrats on such a sweet saw. The axial glide mechanism is so smooooooth.

@JourneyMan I love this topic idea! Let’s show our sponsors we support them outside of BTP!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

nice score!!! sorry to say all ive bought from bosch recently are some sds bits off amazon… i bought a sds drill 3 weeks ago but it was makita… home depot stopped carrying the bulldog

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I like this idea for a thread too — I buy stuff all the time and it is another take. My last purchase was the DC attachment for the Colt Router.

Orange County, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Congrats on your new saw JM. I know you’re going to love it.

Great idea for a new thread, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

All the bits for my new SDS Max were Bosch.

I’m generally a Milwaukee guy myself, but the Bosch bits just looked cleaner, like better machined, and heavier-duty, so I went them. So far, I’m not disappointed.

@Journeyman
    , I’ve always wondered how the glide is compared to a slide. I’ve had the 5412 for years now, and I love it, but I’ve always wanted to know what the main differences you’ll notice on a jobsite are.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Very nice purchase. If/when my current 12″ kicks the can the glide is #1 on my list to replace it.

I hear you, still using my old Bosch 3912 I think it’s about 13 or 14 years old.

@JourneyMan
    congrats on the excellent purchase, great pictures to, thanks.
    And great thread you started.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great idea for a thread, I buy a lot of accessories and other Bosch items , most of the time I need them sooner then I would get them ordering them from the list. I rarely buy concrete bits, jigsaw blades or OMT blades they are not Bosch

Many of us here are Bosch owners since we’re discerning users.

@journeyman

Nice glide, it has the nicest slide action of all sliding miter saws and you’ll enjoy it.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Since I’ve joined this forum I’ve bought more Bosch tools than I’ve gotten free with points. The biggest purchase was the same miter saw that JourneyMan just bought. I know that the BTP forum was a key influence in my decision to buy the Bosch over other brands.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘Today … I bought a Bosch’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.362 seconds