dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch – V4

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 441 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yep, I picked it up in store at Tony power tools, drove back today and they swapped for a new one. Wasted an extra hour and gas over it but oh well.

Yep, I picked it up in store at Tony power tools, drove back today and they swapped for a new one. Wasted an extra hour and gas over it but oh well.

That’s to bad , I usually have it shipped to my house , it’s only like 9 bucks or something like that for Purolator

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah I would’ve qualified for free shipping, but their site doesn’t list the hammer drill’s price or inventory so I just went to the store. For return shipping I’d have to call Purolator and wait for them to come pick up which I can’t really do so didn’t really have a choice.

Yeah I would’ve qualified for free shipping, but their site doesn’t list the hammer drill’s price or inventory so I just went to the store. For return shipping I’d have to call Purolator and wait for them to come pick up which I can’t really do so didn’t really have a choice.

Yeah I understand , besides it’s actually pretty cool just hanging around looking to see if anything else is on sale , not a big store , but you can always ask for specific tools and accessories.

Most of the time they have them

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Diablo has significantly grown their consumables offering.

You are right about that. Diablo used to be a bit hard to find but now they seem to be found in a lot more stores. Several testers have noted this as well. Hopefully this will result in more high quality bits being easier to find and at a lower price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

You are right about that. Diablo used to be a bit hard to find but now they seem to be found in a lot more stores. Several testers have noted this as well. Hopefully this will result in more high quality bits being easier to find and at a lower price.

over the years I have used the Freud router bits and saw blades mostly. I have always been pleased with their bits and blades. I have used their sanding abrasives and reciprocating saw blades also. They also have performed well. I am looking forward to trying their bits

Yeah HD has plenty of their products , blades and bits , I’m liking the blades a lot
    Still have to pick up some of the spade bits

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

6AH battery is DOA, measures less than 2 volts and chargers won’t even recognize it, gonna have to find time to drive back to the shop next week, not happy about that.

Wow that’s too bad. I am sure you are not happy. I know I won’t be very happy either.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah I’d say that’s a major QC fail, at least the traffic wasn’t bad the 2nd time and I only wasted an hour (plus gas) on it.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I found this cordless band saw at a Lowes while on vacation. Typically $149 on clearance for $89. I just could not pass it up.

I found this cordless band saw at a Lowes while on vacation. Typically $149 on clearance for $89. I just could not pass it up.

😯👍 Congratulations , that’s a great price , definitely handy

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Recip saw and angle grinder on the way. Taking advantage of the free battery/charger with bare tool deal. I’d only be getting the grinder if I didn’t need some new batteries.
    I did save $258, rather than 129, but the savings listed is per item.

Screenshot_20210424_125537

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Recip saw and angle grinder on the way. Taking advantage of the free battery/charger with bare tool deal. I’d only be getting the grinder if I didn’t need some new batteries.

I did save $258, rather than 129, but the savings listed is per item.

Screenshot_20210424_125537

Congratulations , I’d be curious to know what you think about the charger , I have the other Bosch tools , but definitely want to upgrade to the charger eventually ,

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I didn’t even realize the charger was different until you mentioned it.

Yeah , they changed it about a few years ago maybe two I believe , they have the one that is in your kit , and another one that has a power booster , apparently they finally incorporated those keyhole slots to be able to hang it up now

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Yeah , they changed it about a few years ago maybe two I believe , they have the one that is in your kit , and another one that has a power booster , apparently they finally incorporated those keyhole slots to be able to hang it up now

I got a BC660 with the drill I got over the winter. Part of the reason was that my last charger it the dust, so I was relying on my PowerBox 360 to charge batteries, and that the old drill has let the smoke out several times, but keeps chugging along somehow, although with a slight magic smoke smell.

I’ve considered opening it up and cutting keyhole slots in myself, but never got around to it.

I got a BC660 with the drill I got over the winter. Part of the reason was that my last charger it the dust, so I was relying on my PowerBox 360 to charge batteries, and that the old drill has let the smoke out several times, but keeps chugging along somehow, although with a slight magic smoke smell.

I’ve considered opening it up and cutting keyhole slots in myself, but never got around to it.

Yeah , I wanted to do that to the other 1880 charger , but just never have the time , I actually did it for my 12 volt charger , works great
    LoL yeah that magic smoke 😏
    You might want to start looking for another drill soon

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Yeah , I wanted to do that to the other 1880 charger , but just never have the time , I actually did it for my 12 volt charger , works great

LoL yeah that magic smoke 😏

You might want to start looking for another drill soon

Already bought the replacement. That’s when I first saw the “Free Gift with purchase of bare tool” deal.

It’d been limping along for at least 3 years after I carried it out of a building with smoke pouring out after an attempt to drill a small screw out. It’s had a hard life up to that point.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

6AH battery is DOA, measures less than 2 volts and chargers won’t even recognize it,

Here’s a little “trick” that may or may not work for that issue, It worked for me on a 5ah dewalt battery with same problem…. zero lights and charger wouldn’t recognize it. “jump” it from a fully charged same voltage battery, + to + and – to -. Just have to make the connection a few times for 3-5 secs, then try to charge it. I don’t know what it does or why it works but I have charged and drained my rescued dewalt battery twice since jumping it without any problem

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

zero lights and charger wouldn’t recognize it. “jump” it from a fully charged same voltage battery, + to + and – to -. Just have to make the connection a few times for 3-5 secs, then try to charge it.

Thank you for the tip, I’ll have to remember that one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 441 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.537 seconds