dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch – V4

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have used a level and couple clamps as guide before. I think I would rather have a rip guide.

I got the Bosch FSN series of track a few years ago. It is compatible with the CCS180 circular saw and to me works as good as a track saw.

Sounds like that is the way to go. If is as good as a track saw.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have used a level and couple clamps as guide before. I think I would rather have a rip guide.

I got the Bosch FSN series of track a few years ago. It is compatible with the CCS180 circular saw and to me works as good as a track saw.

Are they compatible? I thought those tracks are only designed to work with the BOSCH GKS series saws. I can use this CCS180 with those? Which specific track did you get?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Also curious if there is some sort of an insert tray ever made for an LBoxx for the CCS180? If one exists I might see if I can “adapt” one for a TSTAK deep box.

After doing some search I found it. It existed at one point but apparently no longer available.

Also curious if there is some sort of an insert tray ever made for an LBoxx for the CCS180? If one exists I might see if I can “adapt” one for a TSTAK deep box.

After doing some search I found it. It existed at one point but apparently no longer available.

Yup that’s what I received from BTP a few years ago , was a good little package ,
    I didn’t know that they were no longer available.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I put my 6.3ah core battery onto the saw, it’s a tight fit but it did engage. It was so tight against the shoe I wondered if it’s meant to fit.

How do you take the battery out of the saw? If you push the big red button it’s hard to pull it out in the opposite direction since most sides of the battery are blocked. I did it by jamming a flat head screwdriver on the back of the battery to nudge it out.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I put my 6.3ah core battery onto the saw, it’s a tight fit but it did engage. It was so tight against the shoe I wondered if it’s meant to fit.

It is a tight fit. Mine engage too.

How do you take the battery out of the saw? If you push the big red button it’s hard to pull it out in the opposite direction since most sides of the battery are blocked. I did it by jamming a flat head screwdriver on the back of the battery to nudge it out.

I lower the shoe to get the battery out. It is a bit of pita to get the battery in or out.

Greg

It is a tight fit. Mine engage too.

I lower the shoe to get the battery out. It is a bit of pita to get the battery in or out.

I normally just use the first generation 4.0 lithium batteries , but when I did use the 6.3 , that’s what I do , just drop the shoe , it’s pretty easy to do

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I normally just use the first generation 4.0 lithium batteries

I don’t have any of the 4.0 batteries to use or try. Sometimes I wish I did have some.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I normally just use the first generation 4.0

That’s what I normally use too in the saw. Unless you’re cutting constantly for a longer period of time, I think the 4ah gives plenty of run time.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

it seems like Lowes is eliminating their Bosch bits and accessories, or at least the individual ones. I picked up a bunch of bits a week or so ago and some bit holders and tips today.

I think I got a bunch of bit holders for less than 3 bucks each today and another 5/8 auger bit that we use a lot for 3 bucks also.

everything was at less than 1/2 price.

it seems like Lowes is eliminating their Bosch bits and accessories, or at least the individual ones. I picked up a bunch of bits a week or so ago and some bit holders and tips today.

I think I got a bunch of bit holders for less than 3 bucks each today and another 5/8 auger bit that we use a lot for 3 bucks also.

Wow that’s a great deal , I have yet to try those nail spade bits.

Great deal Kurt 👍

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

it seems like Lowes is eliminating their Bosch bits and accessories,everything was at less than 1/2 price.

I’ll have to check my Lowes to see if they have a sale also. Thank you for the heads up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We drill our sill plates with the 5/8″ bits. Using manufactured wall panels like we do, often we are drilling right by studs and even sometimes below studs. I an curious as to how well the nail strike bits will hold up. Hopefully well and we seem to go through a lot of regular bits from hitting nails.

We drill our sill plates with the 5/8″ bits. Using manufactured wall panels like we do, often we are drilling right by studs and even sometimes below studs. I an curious as to how well the nail strike bits will hold up. Hopefully well and we seem to go through a lot of regular bits from hitting nails.

Should be interesting , I know they did okay in all the testing I’ve seen, I believe they recommend using slow or speed 1 when using them 🤷‍♂️

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hopefully well and we seem to go through a lot of regular bits from hitting nails.

Let us know how they work out. I have seen some reviews on them and they have been positive.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I may be reading too much into it, but I wonder if this clearance means Bosch is trying to get rid of some of the bits.

We see Diablo making the same bits (just red color instead of blue), I held them side by side they look identical in every which way. Diablo is owned by Bosch is it possible Bosch is shifting some consumables to Diablo?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Picked up these for work, the added torque on the driver should be a welcoming upgrade to my PS22. The hammer drill isn’t particularly powerful, but should handle most tapcon drilling requirement.

6AH battery is DOA, measures less than 2 volts and chargers won’t even recognize it, gonna have to find time to drive back to the shop next week, not happy about that.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Diablo is owned by Bosch is it possible Bosch is shifting some consumables to Diablo?

Could be several tool testers have speculated the same thing or have speculated that Diablo will become Bosch’s premium bits with Bosch bits being a step below.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Diablo is owned by Bosch is it possible Bosch is shifting some consumables to Diablo?

Could be several tool testers have speculated the same thing or have speculated that Diablo will become Bosch’s premium bits with Bosch bits being a step below.

Diablo has significantly grown their consumables offering. I thought this may be the case. It could also be the beginning a move for Bosch to rebrand all of its construction line to another name it owns that has a quality reputation. Once out from under the Bosch name, The whole tool and accessory line becomes very saleable and with little ramifications to Bosch should the quality suffer after the sale. I have seen this progression in other products and with other businesses using names they own to differentiate divisions to sell them.

No eveidence on this or inside information on this, just a gut for all it is worth.

Picked up these for work, the added torque on the driver should be a welcoming upgrade to my PS22. The hammer drill isn’t particularly powerful, but should handle most tapcon drilling requirement.

6AH battery is DOA, measures less than 2 volts and chargers won’t even recognize it, gonna have to find time to drive back to the shop next week, not happy about that.

Congratulations on your new tools , to bad about the battery ,
    Are you working in the electrician field , also what store did you get the tools from

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.505 seconds