dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch – V4

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 423 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Core 4.0 made it to me safe and sound – I immediately put it on the charger, and I’ll probably put it to the test in the next few days!

So are they the same size as the old slim style 2.0 Ah batteries Charlie? Or are they the same size as a non-Core 4.0 but smaller than the 6.3 Cores? I can’t really tell for sure from your pics.

They are almost exactly the same size as one of the old slim pack 2.0 Ah batteries! Slightly bigger, but hey, it’s a huge improvement on the old 4.0 packs (as long as it does actually have the same amount of capacity).

Thanks Charlie. While it would be nice, I don’t really need any. I have tons of 18V Bosch batteries. I was more curious than anything else. I have enough of the old 2.0 slims that seem to adequately fulfill my needs when I want to cut down on weight.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Core 4.0 made it to me safe and sound – I immediately put it on the charger, and I’ll probably put it to the test in the next few days!

Very nice. Good score.

One suggestion I would make though is to not have the cord wrapped around the charger when plugged in, or any other current carrying cord. What you are doing is effectively making an electro-magnet. That will created heat and eddy currents. Potentially harmful to electrical equipment and a possible fire hazard.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Very nice. Good score.

One suggestion I would make though is to not have the cord wrapped around the charger when plugged in, or any other current carrying cord. What you are doing is effectively making an electro-magnet. That will created heat and eddy currents. Potentially harmful to electrical equipment and a possible fire hazard.

I missed that , and never knew that , does that stand for even a extension cord or anything that’s wound up to keep cables neat
    Or is that strictly for chargers.
    Thanks Jim.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Very nice. Good score.

I get that there is a small induction field created by the looping, but I would imagine it’s incredibly small – the winding on an electrical motor is incredibly tight, with a much smaller radius and a whole lot longer amount of coiled wire with almost no insulation, and that’s what it takes to generate any real amount of field. I highly doubt a winded wire that’s barely 6’ will do anything negative to the charger. I could be wrong, and if you know for a fact that it can cause that kind of damage, I’d love to hear more about it. But the amount of time it’s even running like that is usually pretty small.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

They’re selling L-Boxxes right now real cheap at an online retailer out of Quebec. Grabbed 3 L-Boxx 3s and the last L-Boxx 1 they had in stock. It just so happens I don’t have any spare L-Boxxes right now and I’m due to get some more soon so I figured I’d buy them now.

I also surprisingly got a $30 Bosch promo discount that just started here in Canada thru most authorized Bosch retailers. This basically helped offset the shipping charges and still saved me a few dollars. No complaints. L-Boxx 3s are one of the sizes I use the most it seems.

They’re selling L-Boxxes right now real cheap at an online retailer out of Quebec. Grabbed 3 L-Boxx 3s and the last L-Boxx 1 they had in stock. It just so happens I don’t have any spare L-Boxxes right now and I’m due to get some more soon so I figured I’d buy them now.

I also surprisingly got a $30 Bosch promo discount that just started here in Canada thru most authorized Bosch retailers. This basically helped offset the shipping charges and still saved me a few dollars. No complaints. L-Boxx 3s are one of the sizes I use the most it seems.

That’s OPB I assume. Or is it JC
    I’m actually thinking about selling my l boxes and buying a few of the bigger husky or Stanley big rolling tool chests , those black plastic ones.

Good deal by the way Kevin

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice. That is a bonus you got the $30 Bosch promo discount.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

It’s OPB. They had a good deal on L-Boxx 2s a couple of years ago, so I guess they are getting rid of the rest of their inventory.

I looked at MH to see if they had a deal on them and could no longer find any there for sale. They had good prices on them compared to other places historically, but I think everybody might just be getting rid of them.

I’m actually thinking about selling my l boxes and buying a few of the bigger husky or Stanley big rolling tool chests , those black plastic ones.

I’ve considered that, but my idea is that once my shed can get further organized once all the outdoor projects are done and I’m able to pull everything out of it and insulate and clad the interior walls, i would just be making my own storage shelving for all these L-Boxxes and other storage boxes and such.

That’s the thing i detest about the L-Boxx design, is clasping and unclasping them. They suck on that front. I stagger stack at right angle to each other so I don’t have to deal with the PITA of unclasping them. Once I can build some shelving, that feature of them will no longer bug me and the only time I see myself clasping them is either if I’m plunking one onto one of my Bosch vacs, or hauling a whole bunch of them via a tilt truck or something elsewhere to execute a job on my property.

Systainer/Tanos boxes don’t have this headache of a feature whether it is the classic design or the newer T-lock style. You can stack them and they don’t auto-self engage themselves to clasp to one another. Much better system imo, at least for my usage needs of storage boxes.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So far I only have three L-boxxes, but I’m thinking about getting more. My only concern is how they clip together – it’s such a pain to line them up just right and the way my car is, I have to have them connected to save space. Is it worth it to invest in another system like the Milwaukee Pack out? I really like how those ones slide together. But it’s a lot of money…and I already have Bosch boxxes.

Charlie

Instagram

It’s OPB. They had a good deal on L-Boxx 2s a couple of years ago, so I guess they are getting rid of the rest of their inventory.

I looked at MH to see if they had a deal on them and could no longer find any there for sale. They had good prices on them compared to other places historically, but I think everybody might just be getting rid of them.

I’ve considered that, but my idea is that once my shed can get further organized once all the outdoor projects are done and I’m able to pull everything out of it and insulate and clad the interior walls, i would just be making my own storage shelving for all these L-Boxxes and other storage boxes and such.

That’s the thing i detest about the L-Boxx design, is clasping and unclasping them. They suck on that front. I stagger stack at right angle to each other so I don’t have to deal with the PITA of unclasping them. Once I can build some shelving, that feature of them will no longer bug me and the only time I see myself clasping them is either if I’m plunking one onto one of my Bosch vacs, or hauling a whole bunch of them via a tilt truck or something elsewhere to execute a job on my property.

Systainer/Tanos boxes don’t have this headache of a feature whether it is the classic design or the newer T-lock style. You can stack them and they don’t auto-self engage themselves to clasp to one another. Much better system imo, at least for my usage needs of storage boxes.

Thanks Kevin , I was just browsing the IHL tools the tool box section lot’s of sales on the Makita storage boxes.

Doobie

I was just browsing the IHL tools the tool box section lot’s of sales on the Makita storage boxes.

Thanks for mentioning that, but Amazon.ca has them cheaper right now. I may just order a few more of those. The pricing on A goes up and down like a yoyo on Makita boxes.

And looking over there at IHL I I see a couple of sweet deals on what is obviously old stock on Bosch L-Boxxed configured cordless grinder or small bandsaw.

https://www.ihlcanada.com/search?q=L-boxx

I already have the Bosch 18V grinder, but that is a real good deal.

I did order the L-Boxxed bandsaw. That is double or more anywhere else you can still find it online here in Canada. The tool only bandsaw is double as well just stand alone with no L-Boxx or insert and this is definitely a tool that benefits from having it’s own proper storage. I have a bunch of conduit and gas piping we’re gonna be doing this summer, so this is perfect timing getting this.

https://www.ihlcanada.com/bosch-bsh180bl-18-volt-lithium-ion-cordless-10261?returnurl=%2fsearch%3fq%3dl-boxx

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I did order the L-Boxxed bandsaw. That is double or more anywhere else you can still find it online here in Canada. The tool only bandsaw is double as well just stand alone with no L-Boxx or insert and this is definitely a tool that benefits from having it’s own proper storage. I have a bunch of conduit and gas piping we’re gonna be doing this summer, so this is perfect timing getting this.

https://www.ihlcanada.com/bosch-bsh180bl-18-volt-lithium-ion-cordless-10261?returnurl=%2fsearch%3fq%3dl-boxx

These are good deals.

Greg

I was just browsing the IHL tools the tool box section lot’s of sales on the Makita storage boxes.

Thanks for mentioning that, but Amazon.ca has them cheaper right now. I may just order a few more of those. The pricing on A goes up and down like a yoyo on Makita boxes.

And looking over there at IHL I I see a couple of sweet deals on what is obviously old stock on Bosch L-Boxxed configured cordless grinder or small bandsaw.

Your welcome Kevin , damn that looks like a good price for the portable band saw

Doobie

Your welcome Kevin , damn that looks like a good price for the portable band saw

It reeally is. I think OPB had it at one point bare tool only for that price, but with an L-Boxx and insert, SOLD! Back then I didn’t anticipate really needing one, but now I do. Perfect timing.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It reeally is. I think OPB had it at one point bare tool only for that price, but with an L-Boxx and insert, SOLD! Back then I didn’t anticipate really needing one, but now I do. Perfect timing.

That is perfect timing and sweet deal at that.

Greg

Doobie

That is perfect timing and sweet deal at that.

I actually called them before the order shipped yesterday to see if they also offered the Bosch promo and if the had free shipping over a certain price as I could find neither info on their website. Turns out they can do both, so I added a couple of other Bosch items that cost $75 for only another $18 out of my pocket and now they’ll ship. Glad I picked up the phone and asked. Got a set of auger bits and a spare floor scrapper blade for my SDS-Max floor scrapper accessory.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I missed that , and never knew that , does that stand for even a extension cord or anything that’s wound up to keep cables neat
    Thanks Jim.

The short answer is YES. The longer answer requires a lot of calculations and physics. So, you can take your chances. Do you feel lucky?

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/192923/why-is-it-dangerous-use-a-coiled-extension-cord

Every current carrying wire has an eddy current. When wrapped in a coil they create heat and a magnetic field.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good info JDO, Thank you for passing it along.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks Jim.

The short answer is YES. The longer answer requires a lot of calculations and physics. So, you can take your chances. Do you feel lucky?

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/192923/why-is-it-dangerous-use-a-coiled-extension-cord

Every current carrying wire has an eddy current. When wrapped in a coil they create heat and a magnetic field.

Good stuff Jim thanks for the update
    Haha go ahead punk make my day lol.
    That was funny
    That line reminded me of the Clint Eastwood movie
    Do you feel lucky
    😂🤣😂
    Is it only when it’s in a coil , I assume you mean round circular
    What about if it’s like the picture of the white extension , that’s how I usually keep the extra cord if I’m close to a plug

Or the biege one on the right side

Doobie

Never heard of this coiling heat up issue.

I use 12 gauge outside all the time. Especially if it’s for over 25 feet. Anything that is a power hog and has a motor is bad for the motor if you don’t use a decent gauge cord.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 423 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.525 seconds