dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch – V4

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 423 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bump…to see if anyone care to share their experience with the CCS180 circular saw.

I have one as well and it works great. It also fits their older FSN series of track so it can be used as a “track saw” Here is an old thread on the subject

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-fsn-guide-rail-systems-track-saw-tracks/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Bump…to see if anyone care to share their experience with the CCS180 circular saw.

Yeah , sorry I missed your previous post , I’ve had it for a few years now , it’s a good little saw , definitely not the most powerful in this class , but it does what I need , I had the previous models nicad , they served me well , I built a few decks and basements with them ,

This lithium one is better for runtime ,

Have you considered the Milwaukee since you are already in the platform , and you don’t have many Bosch batteries , what are you intending to do with the saw , I assume something like I have used it for

I am on the Milwaukee platform for many things.

I am kind of on the Bosch platform too but just not using it. I have a freak, a compact recip, a grinder and a portable light on the Bosch cordless platform. I got two 6.3aah CORE batteries. One I got free with the freak, another one I bought when I bought the grinder thinking I may need two batteries to do ten minutes of grinding cordlessly. But I never used these tools since they do not perform as well as my other tools and I went back to use corded grinders. The only Bosch cordless tool I still use is the light but I have it on a 6.3ah battery which is crazy LOL.

The main reason I am looking at this saw is I do not have a cordless circular saw. I use a circular saw mostly to break down sheets really not much else. I have a 20 year old corded Porter Cable cir saw now that still works but the cord gets in the way sometimes so looking at a cordless. This deal is only $119 and it gives me a free 4ah battery that I can use with that light. May be it will give me a better charger than the one I have on the wall right now? The saw is old and brushed though, and no case for it.

The Milwaukee platform is nice but some tools I do not like it’s form factor or handle or whatever. I held the Milwaukee grinder, OMT and circular saw in my hand and didn’t like the feel and balance. But then I didn’t hold this Bosch saw in my hand either.

Yeah , sorry I missed your previous post , I’ve had it for a few years now , it’s a good little saw , definitely not the most powerful in this class , but it does what I need , I had the previous models nicad , they served me well , I built a few decks and basements with them ,

This lithium one is better for runtime ,

Have you considered the Milwaukee since you are already in the platform , and you don’t have many Bosch batteries , what are you intending to do with the saw , I assume something like I have used it for

I am on the Milwaukee platform for many things.

I am kind of on the Bosch platform too but just not using it. I have a freak, a compact recip, a grinder and a portable light on the Bosch cordless platform. I got two 6.3aah CORE batteries. One I got free with the freak, another one I bought when I bought the grinder thinking I may need two batteries to do ten minutes of grinding cordlessly. But I never used these tools since they do not perform as well as my other tools and I went back to use corded grinders. The only Bosch cordless tool I still use is the light but I have it on a 6.3ah battery which is crazy LOL.

The main reason I am looking at this saw is I do not have a cordless circular saw. I use a circular saw mostly to break down sheets really not much else. I have a 20 year old corded Porter Cable cir saw now that still works but the cord gets in the way sometimes so looking at a cordless. This deal is only $119 and it gives me a free 4ah battery that I can use with that light. May be it will give me a better charger than the one I have on the wall right now? The saw is old and brushed though, and no case for it.

The Milwaukee platform is nice but some tools I do not like it’s form factor or handle or whatever. I held the Milwaukee grinder, OMT and circular saw in my hand and didn’t like the feel and balance. But then I didn’t hold this Bosch saw in my hand either.

Got it , I totally understand , definitely good for breaking down sheet goods , but it will bind if you don’t support the sheets , it is not the most powerful in the market , but it’s light and fairly compact and has been pretty good for me , it did good on 4×8 5/8 and 3/4 plywood , plus osb and even MDF , I use the Bosch daredevil blade the 24 tooth thin kurf , and mostly the 4 amp battery , but the older pack not the core , only because I have never sent it back for the free upgrade to the housing , I got fed up and ground the battery pocket down so I can get the 6.3 and the core 4.0
    What charger is coming with it.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The main reason I am looking at this saw is I do not have a cordless circular saw. I use a circular saw mostly to break down sheets really not much else. I have a 20 year old corded Porter Cable cir saw now that still works but the cord gets in the way sometimes so looking at a cordless.

Tip from a married guy:

If you cut the cord by (cough) accident (cough, cough), then there is your excuse to buy a new cordless tool.

You’re welcome.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have this circ saw. I find it pretty good saw. I don’t use it alot. But it does what I want too.
    Alot better the P C cordless cir saw I had.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@Miamicuse
    I saw this on IG and thought of you , I have used the one that came with my older nicad Bosch 6-1/2 circular saw
    But this one is allowing for wider cuts

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK9KQE4j_Gy/?igshid=d7cvgq42ymqr

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you cut the cord by (cough) accident (cough, cough), then there is your excuse to buy a new cordless tool.

Great idea. Enjoy your new cordless tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@Miamicuse

I saw this on IG and thought of you , I have used the one that came with my older nicad Bosch 6-1/2 circular saw

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on this saw.

Was looking through reviews. Mostly positive. Only a few negative ones.

One of them said if you use a 1.5ah battery is will do 3 cuts then quit. I am using 4ah and 6ah batteries so it won’t be an issue I assume.

Another one said this saw was designed for left handed users. Is it true? Or is it just the blade can be seen from the left? Do right handed users feel good with this saw?

Finally someone said the accessories for this saw, like a rip fence to guide cuts are no longer available from Bosch, said he called Bosch and Bosch told him this saw is so old they no longer have accessories for it so the worries is may be repair parts will be hard to come by.

Decisions decisions.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sorry didn’t see this earlier.

The battery kit is GXS18V-15N15, which includes a 4ah CORE battery and a 18V charger. The charger is GAL18V-40. It looks different from the BC1880 charger which has no hanging slots and the indicator light is at the bottom. I hope this charger is better designed.

Sorry didn’t see this earlier.

The battery kit is GXS18V-15N15, which includes a 4ah CORE battery and a 18V charger. The charger is GAL18V-40. It looks different from the BC1880 charger which has no hanging slots and the indicator light is at the bottom. I hope this charger is better designed.

Seeing how it’s coming with the newer 4.0 and charger , it’s obviously the saw with the updated body that can accommodate the new core batteries , I believe you have keyhole behind this charger , not a hundred percent sure , but I think I remember reading or seeing that someplace.

@RonW I responded to @Miamicuse post just above these two , but my page went white , it said page cannot be reached , I refreshed it , and I got a message saying if I wanted to submit my response to the post , I said yes , but it vanished , if it’s in hiding can you release it please , if it never made it , I’ll respond again tomorrow
    Thanks Ron 👌👍

@Miamicuse

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on this saw.

Was looking through reviews. Mostly positive. Only a few negative ones.

One of them said if you use a 1.5ah battery is will do 3 cuts then quit. I am using 4ah and 6ah batteries so it won’t be an issue I assume.

Another one said this saw was designed for left handed users. Is it true? Or is it just the blade can be seen from the left? Do right handed users feel good with this saw?

Finally someone said the accessories for this saw, like a rip fence to guide cuts are no longer available from Bosch, said he called Bosch and Bosch told him this saw is so old they no longer have accessories for it so the worries is may be repair parts will be hard to come by.

Decisions decisions.

I’m right handed , I think they mean the blade is on the left side of the saw , I like it this way , I can clearly see what I’m cutting because the blade is closer to my field of vision ,
    As for the accessories , I just use the cross cut metal guide that came with the older nicad Bosch cordless saw , it’s pretty good for smaller cuts , or I should say narrow strips ,
    As for the batteries , I would never consider using anything lower than the older 4.0 amp batteries , I’ve been using them for a long time , pretty good runtime and power ,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

RonW I responded to Miamicuse post just above these two , but my page went white , it said page cannot be reached , I refreshed it , and I got a message saying if I wanted to submit my response to the post , I said yes , but it vanished , if it’s in hiding can you release it please , if it never made it , I’ll respond again tomorrow

Thanks Ron 👌👍

Think I got it fixed for you @boschmanbrian.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Finally someone said the accessories for this saw, like a rip fence to guide cuts are no longer available from Bosch,

I got the rip guide and thumbscrew on Amazon for my saw. As far as I know they are still available…. if not there’s a Skil branded one that will fit. Any bar that’s 3/8″ wide on the flat and I “think” around 1/8″+ thick will work
    This is the thumb screw….

RonW I responded to Miamicuse post just above these two , but my page went white , it said page cannot be reached , I refreshed it , and I got a message saying if I wanted to submit my response to the post , I said yes , but it vanished , if it’s in hiding can you release it please , if it never made it , I’ll respond again tomorrow

Thanks Ron 👌👍

Think I got it fixed for you @boschmanbrian.

You are the man Ron , thank you very much 🍻

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@boschmanbrian, @Sprokitz

Thanks, I finally pulled the trigger last night. I’ll find out more about the rip guide, if not, I can use a metal ruler with two clamps LOL.

Thanks, I finally pulled the trigger last night. I’ll find out more about the rip guide, if not, I can use a metal ruler with two clamps LOL.

Your welcome , lol that’s what I do when I need to rip slightly wider than I can with the little guide
    I hope you like the saw , looking forward to hearing back from you on how you feel about it.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have used a level and couple clamps as guide before. I think I would rather have a rip guide.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have used a level and couple clamps as guide before. I think I would rather have a rip guide.

I got the Bosch FSN series of track a few years ago. It is compatible with the CCS180 circular saw and to me works as good as a track saw.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 423 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.556 seconds