dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch – V3

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

$149 is a good price for the 12v router but I bet a lot of people are hesitant to to buy one thinking a 12V router is under powered.

It has its place. There’s good reasons they make different sized routers.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There’s good reasons they make different sized routers.

I agree with you, sometimes a smaller router can be easier to handle.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve seen it pretty consistently here for $149, but it doesn’t seem to move off the shelves very quickly. People seem more interested in Milwaukee and DeWalt :/

Wow that is really good price. I am alittle surprised that people are not buying them for that price. I wonder if they think the 12V router is too small?

I think it’s just that people don’t buy as many Bosch brand tools in my town. Milwaukee has a big presence here and so do Makita and DeWalt. I wish it was different because like a lot of people on this forum, I really appreciate the quality of Bosch tools.

It’s similar here Charlie , I also wish Bosch had a bigger presence , especially finding them in big box stores ,
    But I agree with you on the quality of the Bosch tools.

Doobie

Same here. I really respect Bosch quality over most brands.

If you are ever curious, do some research on Robert Bosch. His treatment to his employees and customers says a lot about the quality of Bosch tools. He was involved in his community and his country more than what you might expect.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

Doobie

If you are ever curious, do some research on Robert Bosch. His treatment to his employees and customers says a lot about the quality of Bosch tools. He was involved in his community and his country more than what you might expect.

I have researched it in the past and it is something I really admire about Bosch.

It’s funny, just this weekend I was at a little convenience store here in town and the guy behind the counter saw my Bosch jacket and asked me if I worked there. I said I didn’t, but he did for over 20 years and only just works where he was now that he is retired for some extra bucks, but he had nothing but praise for all things Bosch and spoke proudly of having worked there happily for years.

Nice to see you chime in Steve. I was beginning to think you had moved on or something.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

do some research on Robert Bosch.

Is he still alive?? I don’t think so. Oh Edit,,, He is been gone a long time..
    Born 23 September 1861
    Albeck, German Confederation
    Died 12 March 1942 (aged 80)
    Stuttgart, Nazi Germany

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Nazi Germany

He might have died when Germany was under control of the Nazis but from what I researched he was no Nazi himself.

The man was a very principled man. He believed in good honest work, treating his employees properly, and striving for good quality products. These are still beliefs upheld to this day by Bosch thru his decendants.

do some research on Robert Bosch.

Is he still alive?? I don’t think so. Oh Edit,,, He is been gone a long time..
    Born 23 September 1861
    Albeck, German Confederation
    Died 12 March 1942 (aged 80)
    Stuttgart, Nazi Germany

Interesting , I wonder is the business still family owned
    Or has it been sold or changed family but just kept the name Bosch.

Doobie

It is. Still family controlled thru a nifty share voting structure/privileged likely like the Bombardier family has here in Canada, except the Bosch company is many fold larger and doesn’t have the severe scrutiny of investors in their lesser non-voting share controlling shares as people who are involved with Bombardier. The German structure of corporations is somewhat elusive to me, but from what I’ve been able to tell, they operate like a private company more or less with the Bosch family having full control for the most part.

Bosch just glides along on its long tenured laurels of success and competence. It has few rivals who are structured as such do do as it does.

Bombardier is still a beast of many faces not knowing where it may ultimately truly succeed and become a blue chip type of stock. It waffles in the hollows of almost a penny stock albeit for the government doing what it can at every level to keep it afloat. Yes it had some spectacular years from the mid 90s onward, but it killed itself trying to be a big boy in the aviation industry where it’s still trying to ‘fly’ out of successfully.

Bosch is so far ahead of these kinds of iterations it’s not funny. Bosch is a global leader in many efforts that are not just auto supply related or appliances nor power tools. They are innovators, working at pumping their free resources and in tandem infrastructure to lead us into the next age with enviro conscious stuff that I can’t even describe that I’ve seen online.

This company many of you see as just a semi-floundering marketing wise power tool company is much more than that. They work to help build our future with research and development that makes advances in power tools look like grains of sand on their beach of efforts they are involved in. Can anybody say this about Dewalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi and the likes….No sir! A company like Bosch does more than just products, it provides entries into the next stage of our society and technology through research and conceptual developments. Look it up! You’ll be amazed at what you’ll see doing different criterea’d Google Bosch searches.

It is. Still family controlled thru a nifty share voting structure/privileged likely like the Bombardier family has here in Canada, except the Bosch company is many fold larger and doesn’t have the severe scrutiny of investors in their lesser non-voting share controlling shares as people who are involved with Bombardier. The German structure of corporations is somewhat elusive to me, but from what I’ve been able to tell, they operate like a private company more or less with the Bosch family having full control for the most part.

Bosch just glides along on its long tenured laurels of success and competence. It has few rivals who are structured as such do do as it does.

Bombardier is still a beast of many faces not knowing where it may ultimately truly succeed and become a blue chip type of stock. It waffles in the hollows of almost a penny stock albeit for the government doing what it can at every level to keep it afloat. Yes it had some spectacular years from the mid 90s onward, but it killed itself trying to be a big boy in the aviation industry where it’s still trying to ‘fly’ out of successfully.

Bosch is so far ahead of these kinds of iterations it’s not funny. Bosch is a global leader in many efforts that are not just auto supply related or appliances nor power tools. They are innovators, working at pumping their free resources and in tandem infrastructure to lead us into the next age with enviro conscious stuff that I can’t even describe that I’ve seen online.

This company many of you see as just a semi-floundering marketing wise power tool company is much more than that. They work to help build our future with research and development that makes advances in power tools look like grains of sand on their beach of efforts they are involved in. Can anybody say this about Dewalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi and the likes….No sir! A company like Bosch does more than just products, it provides entries into the next stage of our society and technology through research and conceptual developments. Look it up! You’ll be amazed at what you’ll see doing different criterea’d Google Bosch searches.

Yes I knew most of that. I was just curious if it was still family run 🤫🤣😂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

t is. Still family controlled thru a nifty share voting structure/privileged likely like the Bombardier family has here in Canada,

Interesting info, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@doobie

Nope, still here. March was 23 years. Work and personal life crazy so I don’t always remember to pop in every now and then.

And as far as Robert Bosch the man, if I remember correctly he was actively involved in stopping the NAZI regime. Don’t remember exact details, but he wasn’t sitting by watching.

Didn’t realize my research comment we’re start a conversation, but it’s great that it did. You all know your stuff.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nope, still here. March was 23 years

We do appreciate it when you drop it for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nope, still here. March was 23 years

We do appreciate it when you drop it for sure.

Most definitely nice to see you drop in
    Congrats on the 23 years anniversary Steve 👍

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Finally got a rip guide for the 18v circ saw.. Does anyone know the part # for the thumb screw? or, it’s M6 threads but what’s the length of the metal stud from tip to plastic wing ?

Congrats I use mine often , I’ll take a look when I get home later today
    What size of thread does it have 1/4 -20 or something close
    I may have a extra one laying around

Actually I had these at the shop
    I’ll still take a look later today when I get home
    These are 1/4-20
    Maybe the smaller one on the left could be good

It’s metric.M6 thread. I don’t have my saw here, but am headed out and will pick it up then. I’ll just get a measurement for the stud length and get an aftemarket thumb screw. I’m guessing too long or short won’t work. I did find the Bosch part# so if push comes to shove I’ll have to order one

I didn’t know it was metric
    I guess it can’t be overly expensive either
    If you needed one or a few I’d send them out to you

Thanks for the offer. I couldn’t find anything local that I was happy with so I ordered one online. Should be here any day. Anyway, I decide it would be a good time to hack the housing so the Core batteries would fit. After reading about it here on BTP I had an idea on how I was going to attack the housing, so I grab the saw and a core batt to see what has to be removed. I slide the battery in and surprise surprise ! “CLICK” It slid all the way in and locked. I had that saw for quite a while before the core not fitting issue cropped up so I assumed the core wouldn’t fit my saw. There’s a back burner project I can cross off my list

Finally got a rip guide for the 18v circ saw.. Does anyone know the part # for the thumb screw? or, it’s M6 threads but what’s the length of the metal stud from tip to plastic wing ?

These are 1/4-20

It’s metric.M6 thread. I don’t have my saw here, but am headed out and will pick it up then. I’ll just get a measurement for the stud length and get an aftemarket thumb screw. I’m guessing too long or short won’t work. I did find the Bosch part# so if push comes to shove I’ll have to order one

Thanks for the offer. I couldn’t find anything local that I was happy with so I ordered one online. Should be here any day. Anyway, I decide it would be a good time to hack the housing so the Core batteries would fit. After reading about it here on BTP I had an idea on how I was going to attack the housing, so I grab the saw and a core batt to see what has to be removed. I slide the battery in and surprise surprise ! “CLICK” It slid all the way in and locked. I had that saw for quite a while before the core not fitting issue cropped up so I assumed the core wouldn’t fit my saw. There’s a back burner project I can cross off my list

No problem
    Glad you found one
    Wow that’s funny that it fit
    I better check mine out
    I thought I had but after reading this I’ll give it a try later today
    Thanks for the update.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I slide the battery in and surprise surprise ! “CLICK” It slid all the way in and locked

That was a pleasant surprise. Nice that things worked out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

These are 1/4-20

That’s great that it fit like that – is your saw an older model or worn there somehow?

Nice to not have to worry about it regardless!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s great that it fit like that – is your saw an older model or worn there somehow?

Bosch must of changed the handle on the circular saws before the CORE came out in anticipation of the extra space needed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘Today … I bought a Bosch – V3’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.757 seconds