dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch – V3

This topic contains 38 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Old one is here….

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/today-i-bought-a-bosch-v2/

If a mod can close it now, please do.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Sorry for off topic question, but what does it mean when a thread is “broken”? I’ve seen these V2, V3, V4 threads but haven’t figured out what made the previous threads broken as people were still posting in them till they were closed.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorry for off topic question, but what does it mean when a thread is “broken”? I’ve seen these V2, V3, V4 threads but haven’t figured out what made the previous threads broken as people were still posting in them till they were closed.

When a thread gets to 51 pages when you click on it instead of going to the last post you go to the first post. The only workaround we have found is to start a new thread so that when you click on it you go to the last post.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Took advantage of the free Core and free 18V tool Bosch deal again before it’s over. Found the new compact recip kit priced at least $150 less than everywhere else, and this is one tool I’ve been monitoring retailers online plenty for since it came out last year. Throw in a free extra Core and this time the 18V right angle drill as the bonus tool, I just couldn’t pass it up. I figured if I was paying full price, I’d be paying almost double for all this stuff.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Throw in a free extra Core and this time the 18V right angle drill as the bonus tool, I just couldn’t pass it up. I figured if I was paying full price, I’d be paying almost double for all this stuff.

Congrats on all the new Bosch tools. You do find the deals that’s for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Took advantage of the free Core and free 18V tool Bosch deal again before it’s over. Found the new compact recip kit priced at least $150 less than everywhere else, and this is one tool I’ve been monitoring retailers online plenty for since it came out last year. Throw in a free extra Core and this time the 18V right angle drill as the bonus tool, I just couldn’t pass it up. I figured if I was paying full price, I’d be paying almost double for all this stuff.

Another great deal. You are really piling up the Core batteries.

I live in fear that when I die, my wife will sell my tools for what I told her I paid for them.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

You really hit that promotion hard!

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Another great deal. You are really piling up the Core batteries.

I’ll have three of the Cores now. It should be all I ever really need. Now I have the proper charger built for them in getting the kit. Not that it really mattered anyways, but why not. The kit price was only $40 more than the bare tool price, plus I get a case for the recip. I typically would prefer an L-Boxx but a blow mold case will do for this type of tool for me. I can go a long time not using a recip, so at least having a case for it will make storing it useful for me.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Two deliveries today. One was simply the correct drill replaced on a previous order. The other is my new compact recip kit along with the bonus Bosch promo 18V right angle drill and Core battery. I also took a pic to show the 18V RA drill alongside my two 12V drill and driver.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Two deliveries today. One was simply the correct drill replaced on a previous order. The other is my new compact recip kit along with the bonus Bosch promo 18V right angle drill and Core battery. I also took a pic to show the 18V RA drill alongside my two 12V drill and driver.

Good looking molded case for the recip. That should be good for keeping the saw and all the bits and pieces together. You should have enough Core batteries for a while.

I live in fear that when I die, my wife will sell my tools for what I told her I paid for them.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

congrats Kevin…lots of blue came your way lately.
    you will definitely like the new recip saw.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Congrats Kevin . Nothing like a good bargain.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

WOW look at that stach. Congrats. Nice haul of stuff there.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s a lot of fun right there. Congrats on the new toys! You’ll have to let me know how that recip does for you – I have had my eye on one myself for a while now.

Charlie

Instagram

Give us the goods on that compact recip when you get some time in on it. I have looked at it more than once and have been wondering about it.

Edit: the one you have is the Multi-grip, not the compact recip.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Give us the goods on that compact recip when you get some time in on it. I have looked at it more than once and have been wondering about it.

I just noticed that, haha! The compact is another one I’ve thought about too though. Don’t you have the compact too @doobie?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I just noticed that, haha! The compact is another one I’ve thought about too though. Don’t you have the compact too @doobie?

No I don’t. My bad here. What Jim said had me confused initially, then once I looked up some product pages I realized it is me who was using the wrong terminology all along. Doh!

The one I just received today is the 18V multi grip 1.25 stroke model. I do have the small 12V recip also which I bought last year, but it is not referred to as a compact either, but instead as a ‘pocket’ recip.

I’ve been calling the multi-grip model a compact ever since it came out last year. Didn’t realize til now that the compact is the .83 smaller stroke model and the 1.25 stroke model is called the multi-grip. I thought both those 18V recip models were termed ‘compact’. Compact in my mind simply meant it had the goose neck style shape both those models have versus the older straight styles.

Think I got it all straight now. Thanks Jim for bringing that to my attention!

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Two deliveries today. One was simply the correct drill replaced on a previous order. The other is my new compact recip kit along with the bonus Bosch promo 18V right angle drill and Core battery.

Congrats on the new tools. Enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on the new tools dude! I missed the frikkin’ deal 😕 Attention to detail Chris…..attention to detail….🤪

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@doobie another great delivery!Hope you enjoy the new reciprocating saw.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.812 seconds