dcsimg

Today … I bought a Bosch – V2

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,014 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I got it for half what the tag says.

And they still made money on it,, let us know just how cheap this chinese manufacturing is.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I got it for half what the tag says.

And they still made money on it,, let us know just how cheap this chinese manufacturing is.

I have mentioned it on other forums, and maybe here too. Country of manufacture ought to be the least of your concern. Manufacturers will make just about anything to the specifications of the customer. If the customer orders cheap crap and does not care about quality control, that’s what they get. If they set out good specifications and make sure they get what they pay for, you get a decent product. It does not matter where the plant is, it matters what the specs are that are sent to the manufacturer. That is just the real world of manufacturing these days. Any plant, anywhere in the world, operates this way. You give what the customer (in this case Bosch) asks for, no more, no less.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

and maybe here too. Country of manufacture ought to be the least of your concern.

But I don’t care what you think,,, I am a American who have had MY job taken by non Americans!! Have you ever had a few guy come looking at what you were doing speaking a foreign language with the big boss and that fallowing Monday you no longer had a way to feed your family??? I am a support American first guy. If not America at least a country that is a good allies of America. Not one with a history of child labor abuse and now injecting our shrimp with gel to make them look fresher and plump. A country that we sell hazard waste to and they in turn put it in products and sell it back to us. You may not have a good grip on this but I sir DO!!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

and maybe here too. Country of manufacture ought to be the least of your concern.

But I don’t care what you think,,, I am a American who have had MY job taken by non Americans!! Have you ever had a few guy come looking at what you were doing speaking a foreign language with the big boss and that fallowing Monday you no longer had a way to feed your family??? I am a support American first guy. If not America at least a country that is a good allies of America. Not one with a history of child labor abuse and now injecting our shrimp with gel to make them look fresher and plump. A country that we sell hazard waste to and they in turn put it in products and sell it back to us. You may not have a good grip on this but I sir DO!!

I was responding you your post alleging “Cheap Chinese manufacturing” which is a false assumption. Your response to that is a separate and different issue all together.

and yes, I live in Ontario, Canada and have lost jobs due to jobs being relocated. The USA and Mexico in particular. But I don’t blame the foreign countries for that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I haven’t bought any new Bosch Tools in a while. They haven’t released any new tools in NA is a while. Waiting for the new cordless 12V Planer and cordless Router to hit NA.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I haven’t bought any new Bosch Tools in a while. They haven’t released any new tools in NA is a while. Waiting for the new cordless 12V Planer and cordless Router to hit NA.

Been waiting for some new stuff to hit the shelves myself.
    I did see one of the Lowes I visited this weekend is carrying way more Bosch than I have seen. They even had a 14 gallon vac on the floor.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Been waiting for some new stuff to hit the shelves myself.
    I did see one of the Lowes I visited this weekend is carrying way more Bosch than I have seen. They even had a 14 gallon vac on the floor.

Was the vac the semi or the auto?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I picked up some blades..

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was responding you your post alleging “Cheap Chinese manufacturing” which is a false assumption.

You really need to dig further into this chinese manufacturing and get up to speed with what is really going on.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I was responding you your post alleging “Cheap Chinese manufacturing” which is a false assumption.

You really need to dig further into this chinese manufacturing and get up to speed with what is really going on.

So, you are saying my 12″ Glide Mitre is no good? It was made in China.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

One thing I was a little surprised about on the saw I bought…the Core battery I have still doesn’t fit. I thought that by now they would have fixed that. I guess I’ll probably take my Dremel to it. I know I could get a replacement handle from Bosch, but not sure I want to go through the hassle.

Well it makes sense because it’s old stock

Guess that’s why I got it so cheap, doesn’t bother me in the least, just was surprised is all.

I believe it’s a different reason why it was that cheap and not because of old stock and that it doesn’t fit the CORE. I checked the local lowes around here and not every store puts them on clearance. It depends on the location and if they sell good or not.

our lowes clearanced them but not quite that cheap. that is a great deal. I got one on clearance. now need to look into getting the replacement handle so it will take the core bit.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Ok I stop teasing you guys now.
    It’s not a brand new cordless miter saw for the new CORE batteries.
    That model will still take a few more month until someone receives a testing unit.

On the other site, if I would have received one I would not have posted it in this section (bought a bosch haha)

For the past two years I was searching for the Bosch 3924 – 24V cordless miter saw and it was very hard to find one. I got lucky on ebay and purchased it for a dirt cheap price with battery and charger.

Haha! Cruel joke sir!

I hope your purchase makes you happy – I know I’d love to see Bosch come out with a new cordless miter saw. But that one looks interesting. I’d love to hear more about it and how it works. Is that an old NiCad battery?

@cmeyer25

a new cordless miter saw is coming with the new battery generation, including a few more tools.
    yeah it’s an old 24 NiCad battery, still works like a charm

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So, you are saying my 12″ Glide Mitre is no good? It was made in China.

That saw is made in the Nanjing Bovon Power Tools plant. That plant make a few different brands you would know. Check the web on that saw,,, I don’t own one but there is a lot of info on it on the web.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

How do you like that blade so far Dirty?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice, I use the same one, but for the 6 1/2 inch Bosch cordless saw, I like them, how do you like them? Very thin blades.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That saw is made in the Nanjing Bovon Power Tools plant. That plant make a few different brands you would know. Check the web on that saw,,, I don’t own one but there is a lot of info on it on the web.

I don’t know what your point is here, but it seems to qualify what I have said. They take material and design specifications from a customer, bid on a job, build a prototype for approval (maybe a few of them) and then produce goods to the satisfaction of the customer. The same as any plant in the world.

If the Bosch Glide Mitre is no good, simply because it is manufactured in China, then they have fooled the Robert Bosch Tool corp., their engineers and marketing departments, and untold thousands of users, including people who make a living testing, reviewing, and rating these tools.

As for me, I am keeping it, I think it is a great saw, so I guess I am fooled also, by your standards of being biased by country of origin.

Now, if you want to base your opinion on Chinese products made for Alibaba, Ali Express, or Bangood, then that is a different issue, with a different customer, with different specs and regard for quality control.
    It in no way reflects on the quality of Bosch (or any other brand) that does their due diligence on their products being made anywhere in the world.

As for an example of Chinese quality, well, there is the matter of that little wall they designed and built that can be seen from space and has stood for centuries.

But then again, my 30+ years of working in the manufacturing world, meetings and consulting with QA/QC, engineers, marketing etc., keeping up with all the trade related journals and technical data does not make me very qualified to speak on the subject (that was sarcasm). If you get a bad tool don’t blame the whole country in which it was built. Blame the name on the side of it, for they are the ones responsible for ensuring that design and quality specifications are being met.

Doobie

Just got a bunch of Bosch stuff.

The blower and a Core battery were free as partof a promo and it’s a second blower for me. This is my first Core battery though.

The 18V Starlock is gonna be nice to use at times versus my corded ones.

The L-Boxx 2s were being liquidated at $40 each so I grabbed 3 of them with no immediate plans for them as of yet.

Unfortunately the hammer drill is the wrong model and I am awaiting a return shipping label to send back to them. Stuff happens.

The blower and a Core battery were free as partof a promo and it’s a second blower for me. This is my first Core battery though.

The L-Boxx 2s were being liquidated at $40 each so I grabbed 3 of them with no immediate plans for them as of yet.

Unfortunately the hammer drill is the wrong model and I am awaiting a return shipping label to send back to them. Stuff happens.

Congratulations Kevin, that’s a nice little haul you bought,
    Wish I had money to spend on tools, you must have a good accountant 😉 😮
    I think you will like that core battery pack

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Nice bunch of tools! That Core battery is a gem. Congrats . I was just thinking about the Core batteries and wishing I had more newer Bosch to take advantage of them. I’m eying the new recip but I think I’d have to have a job requiring it for at least one day to justify it and I usually only have to use my crs180 for a few minutes at a time. The core does make the crs180 feel like a corded tool.

j

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s a nice pile of blue!

What’s wrong with the hammer drill that you needed to send it back? Which model were you looking for vs what you got?

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,014 total)
  • The topic ‘Today … I bought a Bosch – V2’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.971 seconds