dcsimg

Tilting block underneath concrete porch slab

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Our front porch is a concrete slab. Underneath it is a stone floored room where the water tanks/pumps are located. The top block has been tilting forward for a while but during a recent rain storm I noticed the second block has a significant leak and I couldn’t ignore the problem anymore.

A contractor and separate excavator advised digging out the foundation, putting in a drain pipe, backfilling with gravel. waterproofing, re-doing the block with hydraulic cement etc. My issue is how to straighten and correct the block with the weight of the slab on top of it. The porch concrete slab is also connected to/supporting the roof above it.

@RonW

@doobie

Maybe you guys can tag Kurt and some of the other guys that have experience in this type of work ,

Thanks

I think you should get the leak fixed before it can do any more damage. The thing is that if the water is getting under, it will create more problems to the flooring.
    Boschmanbrian is right, you can tag a guy who has more experience in this area.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A contractor and separate excavator advised digging out the foundation, putting in a drain pipe, backfilling with gravel. waterproofing, re-doing the block with hydraulic cement etc. My issue is how to straighten and correct the block with the weight of the slab on top of it. The porch concrete slab is also connected to/supporting the roof above it.

Is the contractor going to execute the job or you are doing it yourself?

Isn’t “re-doing the blocks” involves taking apart the blocks and resetting them which includes supporting them temporarily?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.709 seconds