dcsimg

Tile showers and tub surrounds

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 654 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@overanalyze will you be doing the tile in your current project??

Probably if they do any. Right now they are undecided between and acrylic shower or tile shower in their master.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Probably if they do any. Right now they are undecided between and acrylic shower or tile shower in their master.

Oh wow that sounds like a no brainer to me after see the work you do.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes I would want some of your tile work as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

overanalyze will you be doing the tile in your current project??

Yes I would want some of your tile work as well.

Yea after seeing your tile work Andrew it would be a no brainier for me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wonder if the HO have seen the pics

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

So for the niche in the backsplash I am doing I set the accent tiles flat at the shop this weekend. I even grouted it and then cut it to size ahead of time. I just had to do some minor trimming on site but it fit in very snug. Basically I just set one big tile. I love this method!

That looks great, I think im going to give that method a try next time I’m doing a small recess like that.

I thought for sure they would be doing a custom built tile shower, especially in that big house.
    Hopefully they decide to

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So for the niche in the backsplash I am doing I set the accent tiles flat at the shop this weekend.

Turned out very nice and a time saver too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s a good question Dirty.

Ron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe the salesman didn’t go into the details yet?

I heard that salesman is a hack!!

Andrew

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I heard that salesman is a hack!!

Come to think of it.
    I may have heard the same thing about him a time or two.

Ron

LMAO!!

So while here I have only a limited tool inventory. Most are tools I have bought over the years and keep here. For this small floor tile job I made all the cuts with a 4″ continuous rim porcelain blade on a grinder. A slow and steady hand yielded decent results. There was a little chipping on the cut edges but it will all be hidden by base, the cabinet, or the color matched grout caulk along the tub.

Man was I missing my RLS system for these. They had a slight bow to them that made setting them more of a pain.

Andrew

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

LMAO!!

So while here I have only a limited tool inventory. Most are tools I have bought over the years and keep here. For this small floor tile job I made all the cuts with a 4″ continuous rim porcelain blade on a grinder. A slow and steady hand yielded decent results. There was a little chipping on the cut edges but it will all be hidden by base, the cabinet, or the color matched grout caulk along the tub.

Man was I missing my RLS system for these. They had a slight bow to them that made setting them more of a pain.

Well it came out looking good anyway,,, gee Makes you wonder how it was done for thousands of years without the RLS system.

LMAO!!

Well it came out looking good anyway,,, gee Makes you wonder how it was done for thousands of years without the RLS system.

They made due and put up with minor lippage…lol!

Andrew

LMAO!!

Man that looks great, so what do you do about that bow in the tiles, since they are set staggering.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

LMAO!!

I think it looks great so far.

Ron

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For this small floor tile job I made all the cuts with a 4″ continuous rim porcelain blade on a grinder.

Looking very nice so far. Good work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

lippage

Did you check for the Lippage???

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 654 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.943 seconds