dcsimg

Tile showers and tub surrounds

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 654 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

RonW the 18lb bucket of urethane was around $90. That will do this floor and have some extra.

Epoxy would have taken about the same dollar wise but I would have had to wait and grout everything at once and with this size of floor I would have been pushing the time of the epoxy. I probably would have ordered 2 buckets of epoxy just in case. So in that instance the urethane saved me money and time.

Grout haze is the biggest complaint I read about urethane. I am curious to see what it looks like in the morning.

That really doesn’t sound bad. And saving overall is always a plus.
    Lets hope there is no haze in the morning to deal with.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I came accross this tiling system that seems to make a floating tile setup. I just can’t really figureout where one would use or want that.

http://www.bullettools.com/flooring/ez-tile-system/ez-tile-system-30-kit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yes a bit of a trend…and a costly one! The drain, drain frame, and Kerdi tray is well over $700!!

Whoa and expensive too. I guess having the latest look costs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am sorry but anything with the title “EZ” in it is a crap DIY product.

I went to clean the rest of the grout joints this morning and check for haze. There was a little bit. I sprayed on Windex, scrub lightly with a white scotch brite type pad, and then wiped it clean with a microfiber cloth. Maybe I just got lucky on my first one but I was plessed.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ain’t that the truth. LOL 🙂

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

That would be odd in this case as everything else Bullet makes is clearly aimed at pros. One of their shearer lines is labelled “EZ”. I Think they simply use EZ to describe how their product differs from traditional methods.

But you have brought up a good point about how certain words with ones target audience may not he the best choice. I remember when I took marketing decades ago a host of cases we were taught of incidences where companies would unintentionally use a word in a completely unnacceptible manner with an intended audience or in some foreign markets without knowing. Some of the examples were hilariously stupid.

Even huge companies were not immune to these blunders. GM couldn’t figure out why one of their cars wouldn’t sell in central and south American markets when it was first introduced. Then they realized having a car name that in Spanish meant ‘It doesn’t go’ might be a problem. Once they rebadged the Nova to “Caribe” sales took off.

I just was wondering where one would want or need to use a floating tile system. Isn’t that was Ditra does in a sense as well?

Only spot I can think of would be a showroom that wants to change out their display often. But even then most tile showrooms just tile on top of felt so the can demo easy when they change the display next. This system is for DIYers who want the easy way out for installing a tile floor. The grout is caulk…just seems wrong to me on so many levels…

Andrew

Doobie

Only spot I can think of would be a showroom that wants to change out their display often. But even then most tile showrooms just tile on top of felt so the can demo easy when they change the display next. This system is for DIYers who want the easy way out for installing a tile floor. The grout is caulk…just seems wrong to me on so many levels…

Didn’t notice the grouting is for caulk. You’re right probably.

pgc555
    Pro
    Gilberts, Illinois

Hey guys, IF anyone is interested…. THE PREMIER TILE trade show of the year, COVERINGS is in Chicago next week… It is FREE to all and features the BEST tile suppliers from around the world, FIRST class training from the NTCA, FREE seminars and breakouts…. If you are a tile guy ( or knows one )THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE!
    Oh, Did I mention I will be there doing demos of my tool “The Back Butter Buddy?” Check out this link and hope to see you there.
    http://www.coverings.com/page.cfm/Link=4/t=m/goSection=9

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Have to agree, looks like a DIY gimmick product to me. I can’t think of any situation where I would use it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hey guys, IF anyone is interested…. THE PREMIER TILE trade show of the year, COVERINGS is in Chicago next week… It is FREE to all and features the BEST tile suppliers from around the world, FIRST class training from the NTCA, FREE seminars and breakouts…. If you are a tile guy ( or knows one )THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE!
    Oh, Did I mention I will be there doing demos of my tool “The Back Butter Buddy?” Check out this link and hope to see you there.
    http://www.coverings.com/page.cfm/Link=4/t=m/goSection=9

Thanks Phil. It it was a little closer I might be more inclined to go. Have to say I really like your BBB. And would recommend one to anybody doing tile work.

Ron

Doobie

Have to agree, looks like a DIY gimmick product to me. I can’t think of any situation where I would use it.

That’s just it. Neither can I. Perhaps for outdoor applications? They really have a poor product page in that regard. They should fire their marketing manager. There are other areas I’ve seen where they should be doing a better marketing job especially with their bread ‘n butter tools which are their shearers.

Just because a company makes a good tool doesn’t mean they are going to make good everything @Doobie. Lets drop the conversation about the crap EZ tile thing.

The Kerdi Line drain components looks very nice! The tray has the Kerdi membrane attached already. This is great from a time point. Once everything is cut to fit I will just have to Kerdi band the perimeter and then I can start tiling.

Andrew

I installed the Kerdi pan and drain assembly today. It installed well. I like the system. The Kerdi membrane was pre-attached to the pan so I I had to detail was the edges and the drain assembly. The tile installed perfectly. Tomorrow I will start the wall tiles.

Andrew

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I installed the Kerdi pan and drain assembly today.

Very nice look continuing the floor tile in the shower.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I installed the Kerdi pan and drain assembly today. It installed well. I like the system. The Kerdi membrane was pre-attached to the pan so I I had to detail was the edges and the drain assembly. The tile installed perfectly. Tomorrow I will start the wall tiles.

Looking good! I like the idea of no curb.

Ron

Got started on the wall tiles today. They are a square edge marble. It is slow going keeping everything flush and flat. Really glad I took the time to shave a few studs before installing the backer.

Also had to cut a long taper on the side tiles because of the slope of the linear drain pan. I tried something new today. I hot glued the tiles together on some 1/4″ luan and cut them all at once. Popped them off and installed them. Seemed to work pretty well.

Andrew

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Also had to cut a long taper on the side tiles because of the slope of the linear drain pan. I tried something new today. I hot glued the tiles together on some 1/4″ luan and cut them all at once. Popped them off and installed them. Seemed to work pretty well.

That was a good idea to glue and cut at one time.

Ron

That was a good idea to glue and cut at one time.

Thanks @RonW! It was one of those “Ahha” moments that actually worked..lol!

Andrew

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

It was one of those “Ahha” moments that actually worked..lol!

Have to love it when those work out!

The shower is looking great! As far as shaving studs go…10 minutes shaving down a stud can save a lot headaches later on, nice job.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 654 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.920 seconds