dcsimg

Tie in to vent stack with no room for fitting?

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

They make a WYE with a side inlet on either the left or right side

Pretty neat solution. I googled for a side connection 45 and no luck. With the millions of different connectors in plumbing, they forgot one…lol.

I never thought of a no hub connection. Very clever!

Thanks. I will look into this.

In my experience when I search for items online and have not luck finding them.
    Actually end up finding what I want by going to the store.

Have you tried finding what you looking for at the Hardware store?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Can’t go into the store now. Curbside pickup only. Covid restrictions.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

venting the toilet only or is it for venting all the washroom plumbing

The whole bathroom. 3 fixtures. Shower, toilet, sink.

Like this…kinda, sort of…

The drains all go to the pump. The pump discharges to where I indicated on the previous photo. Then the vents from the pump/tank, sink and shower tie in together, which is what I am trying to figure out how to connect to the vent stack.

Sorry Jim , my friend Left early Friday ,
    But that vent that connects all the items is something like I mentioned earlier how they did it in the glass blowing room when a vent is not accessible.

Kurt had a good idea ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Can’t go into the store now. Curbside pickup only. Covid restrictions.

True! I guess I never thought of this while I was typing this.

I sure it wouldn’t be hard to contact your local hardware store and tell them what you are looking for and they could bring it to the door. It might be something they don’t stock. But they could order it for you. I have heard of this being done in my area during Covid.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Replace the 45 with a wye and come into the bottom of the wye with your vent.

Hmmm. That’s another one I never thought of. I may even have a wye here. Thanks.

Kurt’s solution of using a “flipped” wye works too.

The difference would be the downward path from above. Since this is a vent only connection it shouldn’t matter, nothing should flow down except for rain and snow that’s blown into the vent from the top. Using the flipped wye those water will come down via the vent and flow into your basement vent and down the basement drain then pumped back up. Using the side inlet fitting those will flow into the main drain directly.

In addition, if you ever need to clear a blockage in the main line, depending on where the cleanouts are, some people do not like to pull a toilet and have a drain machine flinging “mud” on the interior, so down here lots of time the plumber goes up to the roof and run a snake down the vent. With a flipped wye the snake will run down the basement vent and will never reach the main drain line. With the side outlet fitting you can still snake the main line like you could before. So those are some things to consider.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.198 seconds