dcsimg

ThrowbackThursday

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I gotta say it, isn’t “Bullying the Jukebox”, “Man it’s cold weather”, and “Philosophical Quote”, any different? Sure I post in them sometimes myself, but no more than once a day. I figure that’s an unwritten rule of sorts for those threads which honestly are fairly useless and are not even read by people going and posting in them.

I kind of agree. There are lots of fluff threads alongside the “real” ones

I admit my double post above was too much (mea maxima culpa) but dont see how a food thread is different from the weather, video, and quotations ones, not to mention threads about our nights out and the bands playing. Hell, we even have three full threads about what one of our members is up to. I enjoy all of those, and generally limit my participation so as not to give the impression of points gaming. I still think they are part of the community, and at least cooking sometimes involves tools, albeit kitchen ones

I 100% agree those threads yous speak of are pure useless fluff.

Here’s the deal:
    At the time when I closed the food thread along with a few others we had way too many abusers on these fluff threads and needed to cut down on them, We didn’t eliminate them all for the reason of just like being on a real jobsite there is some off topic discussions. So we (behind the scenes) took votes on which ones to eliminate based on the highest abuse rate, The ones we kept made the cut for whatever particular reasons.

Example:
    The jukebox thread, Yes it gets abused but it was deemed it also has some value. Plus it takes a little work to actually post up a song, But the feelings were it was nice to log on and listen to some music while posting, And a great way to be enlighten with something new you may not have heard before. Hope that helps yous understand

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Being here for less than a year, I never heard the toy story before. That is a classic!!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Here is the tread Dirty.

Looking at that thread I was reminded of @NJBuilder…. How have you been? What have you been up to my friend?

@utopia78 I’ve been good. Just building homes and some other small jobs. I should really hang out here more.

Yes you should! Maybe in the Winter your time will free up a little more. Glad to hear your keeping busy and doing well!

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did Dirty send it to you? Too funny! Have fun practicing! :)

No I did not sent that to CaliDecks.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is this why I haven’t seen CaliDecks on here?

No,, I think he likes the looser guidelines across the street.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Example:
    The jukebox thread, Yes it gets abused but it was deemed it also has some value. Plus it takes a little work to actually post up a song, But the feelings were it was nice to log on and listen to some music while posting, And a great way to be enlighten with something new you may not have heard before. Hope that helps yous understand

We are not carpenter with out our music! Maybe that’s why every major company makes a jobsite radio even including Ryobi. Bosch would lead that field with the PowerBox360C!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Example:

We are not carpenter with out our music! Maybe that’s why every major company makes a jobsite radio even including Ryobi. Bosch would lead that field with the PowerBox360C!

I have to say I quite like that thread due to me listening to what some of you guys are listening to and discovering new music to work to. I just got a bunch for my car, kinda getting annoyed with the pop that is on the radio.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I remember back in the day a status change would give you 25 points also.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

kinda getting annoyed with the pop that is on the radio.

This coming from a guy that post a ton of K-pop????

I remember back in the day a status change would give you 25 points also.

The profile pic change also gave 25 piggs too. I think I was accused of doing too much of that too but I still change it all the time now. I know we have some stale pics now.

Doobie

Sounds like there were a lot of ‘bonus’ type points in the past that were getting abused if not downright uneccesssary to begin with.

What would be nice would be extra points we would get showing a pic of a Bosch tool in use, but that won’t happen I always figured.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

We (the royal we) discussed rating posts etc for content (pictures, jobsite stuff etc) but it would be a nightmare.

I remember seeing the “old” BTP guy in a sombrero with a really nice cigar box supplied by a few members for his stag.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We (the royal we) discussed rating posts etc for content (pictures, jobsite stuff etc) but it would be a nightmare.

I remember seeing the “old” BTP guy in a sombrero with a really nice cigar box supplied by a few members for his stag.

Oh I remember that,, Who has the pic??

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think @dabbs will have it?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeppers I do believe I have a couple of those, Do ya really think I should post em up? @thedude306 @DirtyWhiteBoy

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Yeppers I do believe I have a couple of those, Do ya really think I should post em up? @thedude306 @DirtyWhiteBoy

Now you guys are just teasing. 😉

Us newer folks would like a look see… 🙂

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Kevin6
    Pro

Sure, go ahead and post the photos. It’s not Cinco de Mayo, but there were some really nice gifts from you guys!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure, go ahead and post the photos. It’s not Cinco de Mayo, but there were some really nice gifts from you guys!

Ahh there you are, Okay dokay. Thanks Kevin

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok here ya go, Some of you newer guys won’t know who this is and the old timers probably won’t either but will remember his name. He was our site boss before Jim came on board, These pics were taken at his stag party. And the cigar box is what I made for him………………… (Ok that part is a lie Hahahahah) There was 6 of us (Dirty, the dude, Sven, Mike and Chad) that got together and bought it for him, Then we had the name plates made at a trophy shop. And with Kevin’s help he presented it to him at the party.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Ok here ya go, Some of you newer guys won’t know who this is and the old timers probably won’t either but will remember his name. He was our site boss before Jim came on board, These pics were taken at his stag party. And the cigar box is what I made for him………………… (Ok that part is a lie Hahahahah) There was 6 of us (Dirty, the dude, Sven, Mike and Chad) that got together and bought it for him, Then we had the name plates made at a trophy shop. And with Kevin’s help he presented it to him at the party.

ThanX for posting the pictures. That is a nice looking humidor. Just a box? no cigars?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope no cigars

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.385 seconds