dcsimg

Thoughts on the dewalt cordless framing nailer

This topic contains 62 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Author

monman1
    Pro

Wow how much are they new?

HD wants $660 here, and Lowes $580, but at a tool store they only want $560 fot it.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Everybody I know that has one loves it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

HD wants $660 here, and Lowes $580, but at a tool store they only want $560 fot it.

Everybody I know that has one loves it.

Guess if you do a lot of nailing it is worth it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

monman1
    Pro

Got the Dewalt cordless framing nailer today, i like it for the few nails i tryed with it.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Got the Dewalt cordless framing nailer today, i like it for the few nails i tryed with it.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2SXCwtUy8A?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

You wont regret it. We use ours a couple times a week. Some days more than others. Great for punch out, truss bracing, first day floor joists, and bsement framing.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2SXCwtUy8A?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

That thing fired faster than I expected. Definitely would be good for punch out but I dont think I would use it for full fledged framing.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

That thing fired faster than I expected. Definitely would be good for punch out but I dont think I would use it for full fledged framing.

Too heavy for full time use, all of the cordless framers are. I probably use ours more than anyone. As the boss, I seldom stick with one task for very long before handing it off. Other times, I will notice something that needs nailed, a few blocks added, or a bearing point missing. If you are working in one spot, by all means grab a hose. But if you are moving around a lot, these things are sweet.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Too heavy for full time use, all of the cordless framers are.

Heavier than a air powered one? Still nice to know a cordless model can do framing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@monman1 congrats on your new cordless nailer,

Judging by the video, it looks like you will be satisfied, hopefully it’s going to last for awhile,

monman1
    Pro

I used it a bit today nailing deck floor joists, and it worked great!

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I used it a bit today nailing deck floor joists, and it worked great!

There is a bit of a learning curve with it. Once you have used it a few times, it will feel more natural.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is it a rubber ban gun like their trim gun?

Dirty

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I believe it is. I had my reservations about this thing being able to drive a spike consistently, but it has proved worthy.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I missed that video but it looks like it works like a charm.
    And I noticed its pretty quiet too

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I believe it is. I had my reservations about this thing being able to drive a spike consistently, but it has proved worthy.

Have you put it through the drop test?? I know I’ve dropped my Hitachi more times that I can count and it keeps going. I did not long ago drop my 18ga. trim gun and it needs a new magazine now.

Dirty

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Have you put it through the drop test?? I know I’ve dropped my Hitachi more times that I can count and it keeps going. I did not long ago drop my 18ga. trim gun and it needs a new magazine now.

While I have not intentionally dropped it, it certainly does not get babied and has taken a few minor hits. I have had the one for almost 18 months, and so far it still shoots like new.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

While I have not intentionally dropped it, it certainly does not get babied

Nice to hear it can stand up to work site abuse and still work great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Unless I was a tool tester where I was given a slew of free tools or got paid to test them I wouldn’t ever purposely drop my tools even ones that have been proven to be OK when done so like the brute drill

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Unless I was a tool tester where I was given a slew of free tools or got paid to test them I wouldn’t ever purposely drop my tools even ones that have been proven to be OK when done so like the brute drill

On the job site tools do drop. A coworker looks over and says what’s that a durability test? So it happens and the good ones keep on going.

Dirty

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I once dropped a Grip Rite framing nailer about 30 ft onto concrete. It leaked a little bit but kept firing nails.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.349 seconds