dcsimg

Thoughts on the dewalt cordless framing nailer

This topic contains 62 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author

monman1
    Pro

Im thinking of geting one, but the reviews are all over the place. I know theres one member here has two of them, @warren6810 how to you like them?

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

If I remember correct @chrisk1970 has one too

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Hey guys! Yup, I’ve had mine for about a year and a half. Still works great! I got a heck of a jam this winter but clearing it wasn’t too complicated. I run the 5.0s on the tool, it went through the the 3.0s in no time whereas the 5.0s run it much longer. Great framer and simple to use. I haven’t had any problems sinking nails but I truthfully use PT and kiln dried mostly. I did notice, and I don’t know why, I was framing a wall and shot some nails through some particle board into the studs and every once in a while a nail would not sink completely. It was really random (maybe like 3% of the time?) but that did happen a couple of times. Toe nailing has never created a problem for me and it is adjustable and will sink nails no problem.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve had mine for about a year and a half. Still works great!

Chris sounds like the a great tool if it can do framing work. I have a pneumatic nailer but would really like a cordless one for framing. Does Bosch make a cordless nailer that will do framing work?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

We had both of them out today up in the trusses. I am really impressed with them. Great for punch out, small jobs, basement framing, and truss bracing.

We have one as well. We framed the dinky addition with it. Perfect for smaller jobs like that, installing blocking, back framing, etc. It is a little slower than an air gun but not by much. I had one big jamb but it wasn’t hard to clear.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Ive used the 20v, and personally ill stick with Paslode.

I find the DeWalt weighs a ton and shoots too slow for me, even with its bump fire I Feel i shoot faster with a Paslode.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I find the DeWalt weighs a ton and shoots too slow for me, even with its bump fire I Feel i shoot faster with a Paslode.

I totally disagree. I previously owned two Paslodes. They are no where near as fast as the Dewalt. You can bump fire the Dewalt which can’t be done with the Paslode.

monman1
    Pro

Does it shoot about 700 nails like they say it does?

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Does it shoot about 700 nails like they say it does?

I would say that is fairly accurate. As for the jams, We had one today. 30 seconds with an allen wrench and it was clear. I think it jams more on the shorter nails.

monman1
    Pro

How many nails have you put thru your guns Warren?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sounds like the DeWalt gun would be perfect for my use.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I totally disagree. I previously owned two Paslodes. They are no where near as fast as the Dewalt. You can bump fire the Dewalt which can’t be done with the Paslode.

I know the DeWalt has the bump fire, and that’s a big plus, but I still feel my Paslode’s fire faster. New Paslodes with the small Li-Ion batteries not the old long stick batteries.

The DeWalt does have an edge as far as not needing any sort of fuel cell though.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I know the DeWalt has the bump fire, and that’s a big plus, but I still feel my Paslode’s fire faster. New Paslodes with the small Li-Ion batteries not the old long stick batteries.

The DeWalt does have an edge as far as not needing any sort of fuel cell though.

I have the older long stick pasalode and have never felt that it fires slow at all, I can always shoot about as fast as I want.

Clev08
    Pro

I’m sure the dewalt would keep up with how fast I frame except maybe when nailing headers or trusses together. But for the price tag and the fact that I would have to buy dewalt batteries I will just wait for the Milwaukee model to come out and make a decision then.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I’m sure the dewalt would keep up with how fast I frame except maybe when nailing headers or trusses together. But for the price tag and the fact that I would have to buy dewalt batteries I will just wait for the Milwaukee model to come out and make a decision then.

I got my second one from the CPO tools site, for $250. Someone posted a link to the sale on here and I jumped on it. Brand new, with battery and charger. I bet your gonna wait for a while for the Milwaukee.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of people liking the DeWalt with bump fire. I have to look into that. Does Bosch make a similar model?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

monman1
    Pro

I did see one of this gun at a pawn shop, they wanted $300 with no battery or charger for it, thats a bit too much money.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I did see one of this gun at a pawn shop, they wanted $300 with no battery or charger for it, thats a bit too much money.

Wow how much are they new?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Wow how much are they new?

I got my first one for $349 at my tool supplier. The second one I got for $250 from CPO tools during an email sale. Both came new with charger, case, and 4.0 battery. I see them at Home Depot for $499, but online they are usually a little cheaper.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.543 seconds