dcsimg

This brings back memories

• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by r-ice.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kzcarp
    Pro

Found this at Tractor Supply today. It was all we used when we were dirty when I worked with my Dad when I was a little yonker. If this didn’t clean it off your hands then it was gasoline.

kevin

Attachments:
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve never seen the stuff! I used to use the Lava soap/Orange whatever it was…now just use regular soap or acetone if necessary. Gasoline leaves a residue doesn’t it?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

One garage I worked at when young had a shaker can of Comet at the sink. It stings all the little cuts you get in your hands when working on cars, but got your hands clean.

I have a pump jug of some sort of orange and pumice stuff now that I got at tsc.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

redwood
    Pro

I also have never seen that Kevin, we always have used

Permatex 25108 Fast Orange Pumice Lotion Hand Cleaner

It is made by the same company though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I always preferred that to the orange stuff.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for the reminder to get some Orange cleaner. The company I work for doesn’t have any and I’ve been missing it. Maybe I can find single use packs for on site this year so I don’t have to lug in a big bottle.

A Working Pro since 2004

Found this at Tractor Supply today. It was all we used when we were dirty when I worked with my Dad when I was a little yonker. If this didn’t clean it off your hands then it was gasoline.

kevin

Same here my dad used that all the time when he worked on the car .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

That stuff is also good for cleaning stains in concrete.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That stuff works a lot better than the orange pumice I have.
    I have a can of something like what you have. It sure cuts grease better than the orange.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The good stuff back in the day for us was called ‘Goop’, it was kind of a white gel substance that came in a can. Worked best on dry hands and could be used completely waterless, although I preferred to wash it off. smelled good too.

Then my company went to a product called Boraxo, it was a white powder that felt like sand and definitely needed water.

Now I use a product called WH-77, it’s a thick green liquid that is best used on dry hands then rinse with water. Best hand cleaner I’ve ever seen

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yah i used goop for a while but have since switched to the orange stuff with the pumice.

Thanks for the reminder to get some Orange cleaner. The company I work for doesn’t have any and I’ve been missing it. Maybe I can find single use packs for on site this year so I don’t have to lug in a big bottle.

try putting that stuff in one of these humangear gotoobs
    http://www.mec.ca/product/5019-698/humangear-gotoob/

I have them and they work great for hand cream and stuff. I even had one filled with hot sauce lol.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I always used the Orange/pumice pump but recently found another one that is red and works real well to get all the grease of your hands.

Can’t say I ever used the Permatex stuff aside from making gaskets.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use GoJo myself with a wall dispenser so you don’t have to scoop it out of the can.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I use GoJo myself with a wall dispenser so you don’t have to scoop it out of the can.

We use gojo at work too. I like the grainy stuff better than the smooth

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Yeah, memories, for sure. I think I have used them all at one time or another. Goop is my favourite of all of them. Rub it in and wipe off with a clean rag.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kzcarp
    Pro

It must be a regional thing with the availability. @Skillman and @Sparky603 are northeast like me.
    I’ve used most of the hand cleaners on the shelf at one time or another. Orange with grit is the only thing I’ve found that takes off pipe flux any good.

kevin

I used to use that old style stuff, had little abrasive inside,
    And also the stuff Jim mentioned, the old comet in a can when I was an apprentice at the esso station,

The first time I tried the stuff we use here, it’s called PR -88 it’s a invisible glove, it works great, the only problem is I keep forgetting to apply it lol

https://www.google.ca/search?q=pr88+hand+protection&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix7MHJvovLAhXHvIMKHfcTDjIQ_AUIBigB#mhpiv=0

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

The good stuff back in the day for us was called ‘Goop’,

In the automotive section at WalMart.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

My dad still has a can of the permatex hand cleaner in his garage; I have a can of that and a pump bottle of gojo. The gojo is also great for getting oil stains out of clothes.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Yeah Permatex and Gojo (Orange) for me. I have a Gojo pump/bottle in every room at this point I think. I should just run lines of it through the house.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.500 seconds