dcsimg

Things that is worth getting at The Harbor Freight

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I love my us general tool box its as good as any tool box I have seen

HF toolboxes always get good reviews. I have two cart/toolboxes and really like them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Stanley Black and Decker bought Waterloo last year, while Waterloo petitioned the US International Trade Commission to slap tariffs on tool boxes from Harbor Freight… accusing the Chinese importers of tool boxes of state subsidized dumping. Get ’em while you can, because the political climate is ripe for a poster child of trade deficit… and nothing better to exemplify this fury than a big steel box that is less than one tenth the cost per cubic inch than the domestic branded competition. If the prices haven’t gone up already… they might be going up soon.

Thanks for the heads up. I might have to take a look at see what they got soon.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Another item I got from there I just remember is their 4 gallon backpack sprayer. I have several – one for liquid fertilizer, one for pest control, and one for heavy duty termicide treatment. Works pretty good.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

How is there bottle jacks? The 2 ton, 4 ton an 8 ton small size jacks for framing repairs. Do they start rusting as soon as you walk out the door?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

My neighbor bought one of their aluminum rolling floor jacks. It was a piece of junk he said.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

My neighbor bought one of their aluminum rolling floor jacks. It was a piece of junk he said.

I wanted to get one of those and now I think I will pass.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

How is there bottle jacks? The 2 ton, 4 ton an 8 ton small size jacks for framing repairs. Do they start rusting as soon as you walk out the door?

Not sure on the small bottle jacks. But the 20 ton are OK at best. I went trough a few before getting one that didn’t leak fluid at the seal.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I wouldn’t get under anything on a HF jack. Just don’t trust them. I bought a trailer hitch insert. The part that slides into the receiver.
    I couldn’t bring myself to use it. I just didn’t trust it and took it back and bought a good quality one.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I wouldn’t get under anything on a HF jack. Just don’t trust them. I bought a trailer hitch insert. The part that slides into the receiver.
    I couldn’t bring myself to use it. I just didn’t trust it and took it back and bought a good quality one.

Some of the stuff you have to use your judgment on.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Either I got lucky or your friend is unlucky. I have one of the aluminum floor jacks for 3 years and haven’t had a problem with it

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like getting moving blankets from HF.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That seems about right – I wouldn’t ever buy anything there that might risk life or limb!

Charlie

Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have a basic hand truck from HF. Works well. And was cheap when I got it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a bunch of those myself. They really come in handy for a bunch of stuff. They are really low priced and with a 20% off coupon even better.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Either I got lucky or your friend is unlucky. I have one of the aluminum floor jacks for 3 years and haven’t had a problem with it

There is a lawsuit by Snap On to Harbor Freight about their copying their floor jacks.

I also saw a poster “comparing” HF to Snap On LOL.

Attachments:
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a bunch of those myself. They really come in handy for a bunch of stuff. They are really low priced and with a 20% off coupon even better.

I have two inside my truck, when I have to wedge myself inside a kitchen cabinet looking up at the bottom of the sink I put one under myself.

Doobie

I never buy anything from Harbor Freight But do stop in the Harbor pub once and a while.

That was real near to where we were staying and likely wouldn’t have know about it had it not been recommended by a local. Much better prices than most other places and they make good food. Even bought their take-out pizza a couple of times to bring back to our room.

But we digress….we don’t have HF here in Canada, but a somewhat similar chain called Princess Auto. Like it seems for HF, power anything is hit and miss. I do have one of their electric cement mixers, but I don’t mix cement often. If it dies after a few more uses, I could care less for what I paid for it.

Like RonW, I’ve bought their four wheel dollies when on sale. I probably have twenty or so now, and you can’t beat the price frankly. Buying the wheels alone elsewhere would cost me more, so it’s a no brainer.

Other than that, most of the things I buy there are low cost things that I don’t fret much if they fail, but they do have an excellent returns and customer satisfaction policy which really surprises me considering the types of things and quality level they sell. How is HF in that regard?

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Yea I got a few of those too with a coupon. They do come in handy.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

There is a lawsuit by Snap On to Harbor Freight about their copying their floor jacks.

I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them…I don’t buy the whole “same thing with a different label” notion. There’s a price difference for a reason, and it’s not all just brand recognition.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The aluminum floor jacks usually get good reviews. Not sure about the HF torque wrench being better than SO but looks like a good deal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.465 seconds