dcsimg

Thermos, water bottles.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I also use the Contigo ones from Costco, however I find the cup lids do get dirty and are a pain to keep clean.

Cleaning them is over rated!! I give mine a quick rinse and all is good.

i thought you just spit shined yours dirty

Well if there’s any stuffs living in there the hot coffee just kills it all,,,

lol is it hot enough to kill bacteria and mold? ugh
    as long as it doesn’t look like this

View post on imgur.com

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

ugh

Man that’s nasty. No telling what kind of funk is growing in that cup.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ugh

Ah no thanks I’ll pass on that cup lol that’s pretty nasty, is that really your friends mug

yellaD
    Pro

I also use the Contigo ones from Costco, however I find the cup lids do get dirty and are a pain to keep clean.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-Bwjv1Hf-true-422″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/Bwjv1Hf/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fthermos-water-bottles%2Fpage%2F4%2F&w=422&#8243; id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-Bwjv1Hf” style=”height: 500px; width: 422px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

That looks like my bong. Who drinks from that?
    BTW, I pretty much agree with @dirtywhiteboy…a spoonful of dirt a day is good for you!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Siberian wrote:

My stanley thermos is heaven knows how old, Im 57 and it was my dads. Other one is on that I got in 1975, give or take a year. both look like they were mortars in WW2, but do a good job.

I think I have that same thermos. It works great. I did replace the cup and stopper once. I bought 2 new ones I found on sale but haven’t tried them yet.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-Bwjv1Hf-true-422″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/Bwjv1Hf/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fthermos-water-bottles%2Fpage%2F4%2F&w=422&#8243; id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-Bwjv1Hf” style=”height: 500px; width: 422px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

Nothing you can’t fix with some comet powder. 😀

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

ugh

Ah no thanks I’ll pass on that cup lol that’s pretty nasty, is that really your friends mug

ugh no not my friends but something i saw in a different forum where some people were discussing the merits of not cleaning their coffee mugs, something to do with retaining flavour or something. i noped right out of there.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

ugh no not my friends but something i saw in a different forum where some people were discussing the merits of not cleaning their coffee mugs, something to do with retaining flavour or something. i noped right out of there.

LOL that’s a new excuse for laziness.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I think that cup looked worse than a public outhouse! That one don’t even deserve a washing, it needs to go in the trash!
    I think you would get sick if you drank from that.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think that cup looked worse than a public outhouse! That one don’t even deserve a washing, it needs to go in the trash!

well that is what you get if you don’t wash out the coffee cup/mug. I generally keep all my thermos super clean, i also don’t drink coffee so its not really a problem. Tea on the other hand stains my doubled walled glass container

http://www.amazon.ca/LIBRE-TEA-GLASSN-POLY-LARGE/dp/B005XUD496

i love this for drinking loose leaf tea.

I received my new CamelBak yesterday and I am giving it a trial run today, so far so good, I already need a refill of coffee 🙂

Will

well that is what you get if you don’t wash out the coffee cup/mug. I generally keep all my thermos super clean, i also don’t drink coffee so its not really a problem. Tea on the other hand stains my doubled walled glass container

Oh thats a nice cup/mug , that would be great for the green or black loose tea leaves , thanks .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Oh thats a nice cup/mug , that would be great for the green or black loose tea leaves , thanks .

yah thats exactly what i use it for, the black tea to stay awake. when you are done the first steep you can flip it again and get one or two more steeps out of the spent leaves. it works great.

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

I have a 20oz Yeti Rambler that I fix my coffee in, and if it’s even somewhat full, the coffee will stay hot for hours. My wife works for a company that sells a lot of promotional products, and she tested my Yeti against some cheaper made in China mug that they offer, and surprisingly, the made in China mug actually kept ice just as well as the Yeti, so might get one just for job site use, so my Yeti doesn’t grow legs.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

After two years, and regular cleaning, my coffee cup is still pretty stained. Most of the time, I will just give it a good hot rinse, as soapy water can infiltrate the lid and give you a tasty surprise if you don’t rinse well.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

After two years, and regular cleaning, my coffee cup is still pretty stained. Most of the time, I will just give it a good hot rinse, as soapy water can infiltrate the lid and give you a tasty surprise if you don’t rinse well.

i hope your mug doesn’t look like the one in the photo that i posted. If so I think it needs a good cleaning lol

yellaD
    Pro

My peeve with my new bottle is the flared top. When this thing falls over (cuz it’s so tall and my cup holders in my truck are shallow) it rolls around on the part that you sip from. Disgusting!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

My peeve with my new bottle is the flared top. When this thing falls over (cuz it’s so tall and my cup holders in my truck are shallow) it rolls around on the part that you sip from. Disgusting!

are there replacement drink holders you can get to increase the deepness of the drink holders?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

EWE… How often do you wash your cup? or do you? I know some say it adds to the flavour to the coffee.
    My cup cannot have even a ring in it or it gets scrubbed again.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I wonder if these Burning Cups work ?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.574 seconds