dcsimg

Thermos, water bottles.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I also use the Contigo ones from Costco, however I find the cup lids do get dirty and are a pain to keep clean.

Cleaning them is over rated!! I give mine a quick rinse and all is good.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

My stanley thermos is heaven knows how old, Im 57 and it was my dads. Other one is on that I got in 1975, give or take a year. both look like they were mortars in WW2, but do a good job.

well be sure to hang on to it. They do not make them that good any longer

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I use a few different ones. I have a Yeti and an ORCA mugs and when I need a little more I bring my Thermos Rock .

My foreman has that same Thermos Rock, and he always brings coffee to share with the crew. We once had decently hot coffee at 3:00 pm on day that barely got out of the single digits.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is my keg buddy 128 from one of Tennessee’s finest flea markets. 2 years old, and no, never have had beer in it, but it does hold 2 and half pots of coffee from the UDF kwik mart every morning for $5.06

Contigo. keeps it hot for a few hours, fits under a Keurig if you remove the pedestal on the Keurig, and it’s leak proof. I think it was around $15 at target.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This is my keg buddy 128 from one of Tennessee’s finest flea markets. 2 years old, and no, never have had beer in it, but it does hold 2 and half pots of coffee from the UDF kwik mart every morning for $5.06

seems like a crime not to try adding beer in it. I thought that was the whole point of the kegs.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I use a few different ones. I have a Yeti and an ORCA mugs and when I need a little more I bring my Thermos Rock .

My foreman has that same Thermos Rock, and he always brings coffee to share with the crew. We once had decently hot coffee at 3:00 pm on day that barely got out of the single digits.

Yes it does a good job keeping coffee hot till lunch time.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I love it, does it stay hot for a long time , I drink coffee pretty much all day,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I cut down, I bring only one contigo of coffee to work with me. But sometime stop for a nother one if it’s a long drive.

Dirty

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love it, does it stay hot for a long time , I drink coffee pretty much all day,

@BoschmanBrian it never has lasted too long to really find out…I am coffee gulper. I just know it gets alot of coffee on site 🙂 When I get there I pour my stainless steel tumbler full, then refill in half hour.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

That seems like a lot of caffeine. I do maybe 2 or 3 cups, primarily in the morning.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That seems like a lot of caffeine. I do maybe 2 or 3 cups, primarily in the morning.

it probably is, but I’m anti-sugar, and share with two other people. We all get 2 large cups a piece.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

@wbembrid, the reviews for the Camelback on mec.ca aren’t very good.
    I have an older style Thermos from MEC that works great for hot or cold drinks, excellent for taking smoothies on the road. It appears to be no longer available though.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

it probably is, but I’m anti-sugar, and share with two other people. We all get 2 large cups a piece.

That’s not too bad. I thought you were drinking 2 1/2 pots a day!!

I was thinking, “No wonder she has trouble sleeping!”

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I was thinking the same thing!

The colder it is, the more coffee I drink. Typically, I just brew more/stop and buy more if necessary.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

I also use the Contigo ones from Costco, however I find the cup lids do get dirty and are a pain to keep clean.

i thought you just spit shined yours dirty

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was thinking the same thing!

The colder it is, the more coffee I drink. Typically, I just brew more/stop and buy more if necessary.

surprisingly with all the exposure to coffee i never got into it. i’ll drink a bit of tea though but usually my thermos has ice water in it all the time even through winter.

yellaD
    Pro

Just bough a Contigo 500mL bottle with the push button to drink. Says it keeps warm for 6hrs but I’d say my coffee stayed hot for 4 hours is closer to the truth.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah always half the rated hours and you have a more realistic number. You are suppose to preheat the bottle with boiling water before pouring in coffee, but I never bothered.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i thought you just spit shined yours dirty

Well if there’s any stuffs living in there the hot coffee just kills it all,,,

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.581 seconds