dcsimg

Thermos, water bottles.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Hey BTP! I know I’m not the only coffee/tea drinker here so I want to ask what do you guys use on the job site? I mainly drive through if I’m working, but am looking for a good “thermos” type container. Any recommends?

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I have a Yeti. I really like it. But I would like to know of a good coffee mug (travel) that fits under a keurig.

I got one of these in the 1.5L version:
    http://www.zojirushi.com/app/product/sfcc

I used to bring a full container of my own iced coffee in it and it actually did last 5 hours while staying cold with the ice cubes inside of it.

I also have one of the 0.5L ones and I think Zojirushi makes really good thermos containers since they really stay cold. Still haven’t found another brand that actually holds ice after 12 hours with as much ice volume inside of it.

If they hang out in a vehicle all the time then that’d work out pretty well. I wouldn’t expect them to hold up to getting hit like any other vacuum container unless there’s some outer protective shell on them.

The biggest pain is you gotta clean the lid out on them every often. They have a little latch release on the inside and you have to clean the big seal and the little seal on the inside. Dunk em in some water with bleach and wash clean with soap or they stink up and grow mold.

lulu
    Pro

i use a yeti rambler and i love it. it keeps your drinks hot for about 6 hours and cold drinks for about 7. realy a good thermos.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a coffee thermos I got from Costco that has a lid that holds the coffee in till you want to drink it.. This was I can keep it in my pocket.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have a Yeti. I really like it. But I would like to know of a good coffee mug (travel) that fits under a keurig.

@MRenes,
    Here is a small cup to fit under a Keurig but only keeps a cup warmer for an extra 20 – 30 minutes.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZS80A0/?tag=tomcp-20

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I use a Hydroflask 1L to carry all my hot and colds, mainly I store ice in it so I can always have ice cold water throughout the day at work. The ice lasts in there forever if you just keep ice in it.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I have a coffee thermos I got from Costco that has a lid that holds the coffee in till you want to drink it.. This was I can keep it in my pocket.

Same here. Keeps things hot for hours. And a coffee never last hours around me. I also have a “Thermos” brand carafe. It will keep a pot HOT all day.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I use a couple old steel thermoses I use if I am away from home other wise I just go in the house and make a coffee .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Which Yeti tumbler do you have? I believe they have a number of sizes. Perhaps one of them will fit under your Keurig better?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I use a couple old steel thermoses I use if I am away from home other wise I just go in the house and make a coffee .

Yup, same here Jon, I have the stainless thermos brands, they do the job,

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just picked up a couple Yeti ‘Rambler’ 10oz with the clear plastic lids, I don’t know anything about them. Haven’t even tried one out yet, I thought it strange they didn’t come with the lids though. Had to pay another $5 each for those, Glad to hear they be good

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I just picked up a couple Yeti ‘Rambler’ 10oz with the clear plastic lids, I don’t know anything about them. Haven’t even tried one out yet, I thought it strange they didn’t come with the lids though. Had to pay another $5 each for those, Glad to hear they be good

Yeti is great except pretty expensive and it drives me crazy that they charge for the lids.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I use a stainless Thermos branded one that is about a litre capacity. Its great because I can do a refill of coffee at 7-11 for under $2 and it stays warm all morning.

A Working Pro since 2004

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Same here. Keeps things hot for hours. And a coffee never last hours around me. I also have a “Thermos” brand carafe. It will keep a pot HOT all day.

I also use the Contigo Coffee mugs that I got at Costco.. they are spill proof as you have to hold in a button to drink. They keep things warm for a long time. We also give them to customers as gifts. They really love them.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I use a stainless Thermos branded one that is about a litre capacity. Its great because I can do a refill of coffee at 7-11 for under $2 and it stays warm all morning.

I’m going to have to get something like that. Just found out that they’ve banned disposable cups on the site that I’m on, too many people leaving them laying around.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive had the best luck with teh stanley thermos. i use to carry it all the time when i was framing since we were nowhere near any coffee places. i would fill it at like 6 am and then if it was more than 1/4 full at the end of the day it would still be very very warm at 8pm. and the end of the winter i stored it away and then when i took it out the following fall it no longer kept things hot for more than 3 hrs.. the vacuum seal must have broke

one thing i definitely check is that they arent glass lined.. break too easily

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I use Contigo tumblers I bought at Walmart. They are 20 ounce and fit nicely in the cup holder. They do not sweat. I’ve had ice still in my cup the next day. They are spill proof when closed and cost less than $15 USD. I’m not a coffee drinker, but my wife is. She has her own and it keeps her coffee hot for hours. I think it claims 7 hour hot and 18 hour cold.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Heck of a marketing strategy right there, sell an insulated mug and charge extra for the lid.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

ive had the best luck with teh stanley thermos. i use to carry it all the time when i was framing since we were nowhere near any coffee places. i would fill it at like 6 am and then if it was more than 1/4 full at the end of the day it would still be very very warm at 8pm. and the end of the winter i stored it away and then when i took it out the following fall it no longer kept things hot for more than 3 hrs.. the vacuum seal must have broke

one thing i definitely check is that they arent glass lined.. break too easily

I used to use those Stanley, In fact I still have one around here brand new…Well, I should say never been used. It’s got to be at least 15+ years old. The company I worked for gave it to me and it came with a cooler that locks it into the handle and with company logo on them both, It was too nice to take to work LOL….

And yeah after the first broken glass thermos I NEVER bought another one, Made dang sure it was SS. Dang thing liked to kill me, Plus ruined that days coffee supply

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.824 seconds