dcsimg

The Official 2020 New Bosch Tool Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 267 total)
  • Author

Bosch Announces New Cordless Power Tool and Battery System Alliances

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-cordless-power-tool-battery-system-alliances-072020/

Interesting , I wonder if anything will come out of this here in NA
    I didn’t read the whole article ,
    I’ll have to go over it later , I just wish bosch would have brought over the garden tools and larger assortment of cordless power tools , like ratchets and inflator plus nailer’s 👍

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

but Bosch is the only big time tool player in this alliance. The other are very smaller nitch tools. I wish Milwaukee/Bosch/Maikita/Dewalt would form an alliance LOL.

I am not sure whether this whole battery game is heading. I see some of the major players kind of creating their own “silos” by clustering smaller brands around them. Most likely short term strategy. Over time I still believe the consumers want compatibility because there is no practical justification to NOT have a “universal tool battery” other than wanting to sell batteries and lock people into their tool platforms. However there will come a time someone will stop buying tools of a particular brand because he/she is locked into it.

I think potentially the following will happen:

(1) Further form factor reduction – as the batteries get smaller and smaller with higher AH, I think it may come a time when the battery may be partially integrated. Take for example hair trimmers, shavers, tooth brushes, potable kitchen mixers etc…those have integrated batteries and people don’t worry about “platforms” when buying those and they use rechargeables inside. Many of the 12V is smaller and more compact. If it gets even smaller at least for the DIY weekend warriors market segment they may be able to do it.

(2) Disruption from other industries – I think the battery game is ready for a total disruption from players like Tesla. They are using the 21700 cells on electric cars. Same cells beginning to show up on tool batteries. The new Tesla Cyber truck many of you say its ugly has a 120V, 240V receptacle for tools and a compressor hose connection built in. I think EV will change the game on car batteries and totally disrupt the tool batteries. I hope so. Let the tool brands go back to competing on the tool’s merit not the batteries.

Doobie

I know I read promising talk some years back about aluminum battery technology that was being developed, I wonder where that is at.

No potential for batteries catching fire, one tenth the size and weight of lithium and recharge times were a fee minutes. Sure would change how bulky and heavy drills are along with things like cordless outdoor gardening stuff.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Some new Bosch tool information

New GSB18V-490 1/2 in. hammer drill/driver with upgraded all metal chuck for durability to tackle the toughest applications in materials like metal and masonry.

Brushless motor for efficiency and enhanced runtime with variable drilling speeds for user control.
    alt text here

Designed for high torque drilling with up to 490 In.-Lbs. of torque, clutch with 20 precision torque settings and a no-load bpm of 0-22,000.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-gsb18v-490b12-205528-p/?campaign_source=newsletter&campaign_medium=email&campaign_id=073020GSB18V-490E&sap-outbound-id=CE477073C6906624FD7A55DC74D10F6E48FC9C4D&utm_source=SAPHybris&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=646&utm_term=%5BPTNA-BI%5D%200730%20GSB18V-490%20Email___Link&utm_content=EN

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch Announces New Cordless Power Tool and Battery System Alliances

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-cordless-power-tool-battery-system-alliances-072020/

Interesting , I wonder if anything will come out of this here in NA

I didn’t read the whole article ,

I’ll have to go over it later , I just wish bosch would have brought over the garden tools and larger assortment of cordless power tools , like ratchets and inflator plus nailer’s 👍

From what I understand, this is just the beginning of an overall strategy when it comes to our, Bosch’s, battery platform. Are we going to get all these products here in America? Who knows as that is up to each individual company in the group. Bosch wants to help and support other companies who have the need for a high quality battery system beyond power tools.

So yes, it should not be a surprise that this idea is first launched in Europe where the battery system originates. There is no reason to think that this eventually will not spread across the world with many other companies. There are companies now that are developing products that use our battery system without any support, knowledge, permission, etc from Bosch. (Bosch is not cool with that, as expected.) It’s just a manner of time for other companies, who have the need for a complete battery solution, to see the advantages of the Bosch battery system that is offered.

And of course, this is just me babbling and not sharing some secret info. My point is, if this is successful in Europe, there is no reason why other companies around the world will catch on to this.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I don’t know if this is the right place for this but here goes.
    I wish this was on our redemption list. Bosch 18 v weed eater!
    I have the Ryobi now but I really like the looks of this Bosch one!
    So nice not having to mess with gas and starting.

I don’t know if this is the right place for this but here goes.

I wish this was on our redemption list. Bosch 18 v weed eater!

I have the Ryobi now but I really like the looks of this Bosch one!

So nice not having to mess with gas and starting.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”The new Bosch grass trimmer UniversalGrassCut 18 – Ergonomics reinvented” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/jn3oer80sI4?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Yeah that would be great , only thing is there 18 volt platform is not compatible with ours ,
    I almost bought the 18 volt Ni-cad over a decade ago , that was compatible with ours here , but I didn’t like the reviews and feedback on the atr23 I think it was ,

But yeah would be nice to have a lineup for garden tools to use our 18 volt batteries 🤷‍♂️

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like Bosch has improved the cordless band saw.

Bosch GCB18V-2N Compact Band Saw is a lighter, more compact tool to make pro cuts in tight spaces or overhead

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    Doobie

Two new LED lights. A 4000 and a 10000 lumen capable units.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-lights-gli18v-4000cn-206405-p/

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-gli18v-10000cn-206406-p/

No price here in Canada yet , but checking US sites, looks like $200 and $300 range respectively there for them.

Two new LED lights. A 4000 and a 10000 lumen capable units.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-lights-gli18v-4000cn-206405-p/

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-gli18v-10000cn-206406-p/

No price here in Canada yet , but checking US sites, looks like $200 and $300 range respectively there for them.

Yeah I’ve been seeing those on IG , definitely interested in getting one 🙄or two lol

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yeah I’ve been seeing those on IG , definitely interested in getting one 🙄or two lol

does it play music?

does it play music?

Depends what type of music your talking about 🙄🤷‍♂️

Old thread warning

I was at Tony tools over a week ago , I saw that New 18 volt single charger , the New one with the charge boost button , and WiFi , it was 149
    I didn’t buy it , only because I don’t need it just yet ,
    They also had one of those newer cordless lights , similar to the older 1900 lumens , but with the closing cover over the battery area , and bluetooth , I didn’t buy it because it was only the floor model left ,

But I was talking to the people behind the counter , they told me that they received a new catalog , and apparently , it’s got some new cordless tools coming this new year , cordless sander and a few others 🤞👌 she said she should have some in soon , and when she does , she will contact me , I was asking for the new circular saw , that’s what I want now , plus I guess I’d get a sander 🙄🤷‍♂️

Doobie

They also had one of those newer cordless lights , similar to the older 1900 lumens , but with the closing cover over the battery area , and bluetooth , I didn’t buy it because it was only the floor model left ,

I bought one a few months ago. It’s ‘on/off’ button is not intuitively placed. Because the unit is square, you find yourself fishing around for where it is quite often. Minor peeve.

I set up the BT when I first got it with the app on my phone, but don’t bother using it.

I bought one a few months ago. It’s ‘on/off’ button is not intuitively placed. Because the unit is square, you find yourself fishing around for where it is quite often. Minor peeve.

I set up the BT when I first got it with the app on my phone, but don’t bother using it.

Oh yeah I think I remember now , how do you like it so far , I also noticed that they have 2 more of the lights , slightly different , but much more lumens 1 has 4000 and the other has 10,000 lumens.
    I tend to use the fl12 and the GLI 300 and 400 more than the bigger 1900 lumens , but I still am impressed whenever I use the 1900. All good lights just different uses.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was at Tony tools over a week ago

Thank you for keeping us updated on the new tools coming out from Bosch. I wish Bosch would keep us updated on that here at BTP.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was at Tony tools over a week ago

Thank you for keeping us updated on the new tools coming out from Bosch. I wish Bosch would keep us updated on that here at BTP.

Np Bill , but I can’t take credit for it , I was just relaying the info I received from my bosch service center 👍

I just hope it happens soon enough.
    I really hope they crush it with the new tool releases , I love my good quality Bosch tools.

Doobie

Oh yeah I think I remember now , how do you like it so far , I also noticed that they have 2 more of the lights , slightly different , but much more lumens 1 has 4000 and the other has 10,000 lumens.

I tend to use the fl12 and the GLI 300 and 400 more than the bigger 1900 lumens , but I still am impressed whenever I use the 1900. All good lights just different uses.

I’ve been keeping both my older 1900 lights on my two Bosch contractor tripods. That way they are ready to go for days when working outside is running late and it’s getting dark.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Breaking news

New Bosch Compact Cordless Band Saw (GCB18V-2N)

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-compact-cordless-band-saw-gcb18v2n-102020/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.409 seconds