dcsimg

The Official 2020 New Bosch Tool Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have had Bosch corded and cordless tools for decades

Yep, better to have a tool last a long time rather than have it cut a board .2 seconds faster.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yep, better to have a tool last a long time rather than have it cut a board .2 seconds faster.

The old saying that if you hire someone to do a job, you can choose a good job, a fast job or a cheap job. But you can only choose two out of the three. If it’s good and fast it won’t be cheap, if it’s cheap and good, it won’t be fast, and if it’s fast and cheap, it won’t be good.

Does this apply to power tools too?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Probably. If you look at Bosch Tools in tool tests seldom do they win outright, yet all of the testers give it high marks because of the overall feel and they like using the tool. The difference in performance between the tool test overall winner (fastest, most powerful) and the Bosch Tool are tenths of a second and really who can discern that without a stop watch. But as far as quality and longevity go most testers agree Bosch is the winner. The only reason I have tools other than Bosch is because Bosch does not make the tool. Example cordless soldering tool, cordless rivet gun. But if Bosch makes it and I need it then I have it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The old saying that if you hire someone to do a job, you can choose a good job, a fast job or a cheap job. But you can only choose two out of the three. If it’s good and fast it won’t be cheap, if it’s cheap and good, it won’t be fast, and if it’s fast and cheap, it won’t be good.

Haha yeah that’s funny , but true

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The latest info on new Bosch Tools

Bosch Profactor Cordless Power Tools: 2021 Launch Pricing

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-profactor-cordless-power-tools-prices-012021/

(read the comments below the article they are hilarious)

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The latest info on new Bosch Tools

Bosch Profactor Cordless Power Tools: 2021 Launch Pricing

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-profactor-cordless-power-tools-prices-012021/

(read the comments below the article they are hilarious)

Haha yeah those comments are good ,
    I’m still waiting for the circular saw or should I say skilsaw to hit the market 🥺😐

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

So the angle grinder has two versions, X lock or regular. I will be waiting to see how long the profactor battery last on the grinder.

The miter saw is nice that you can get it close to the wall, but wow the bare tool is 60 pounds. That’s a bit heavy to carry all over from job site to job site.

I like “USA LAUNCH UNCERTAIN” LOL.

Is PROFACTOR basically a rename of the MEGAWATT CREW? That’s two years ago. Is the battery any longer lasting then CORE?

So the angle grinder has two versions, X lock or regular. I will be waiting to see how long the profactor battery last on the grinder.

The miter saw is nice that you can get it close to the wall, but wow the bare tool is 60 pounds. That’s a bit heavy to carry all over from job site to job site.

I like “USA LAUNCH UNCERTAIN” LOL.

Is PROFACTOR basically a rename of the MEGAWATT CREW? That’s two years ago. Is the battery any longer lasting then CORE?

Yeah I think it’s rebranded from the mega watt crew
    It’s still the core batteries I believe , a choice of the 4 that’s been out for a while , and the bigger 8 and 12 amps for the heavier power eaters.
    I don’t know what’s taking so long for them to hit the market though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw that as well, way too heavy to lug around on a daily basis. I have no idea what has happened at Bosch their new tool roll-outs have slowed way down. The Profactor tools were hyped 2 years ago now at the World of Concrete show in Vegas. Since then they have rolled out one or two the Freak and Bulldog come to mind.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch PROFACTOR Cordless Power Tool Hype Continues to Build

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-profactor-cordless-power-tool-hype-012021/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Bosch Profactor Cordless Axial-Glide Miter Saw (Updated)

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-profactor-cordless-axial-glide-miter-saw-surgeon-012021/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch PROFACTOR Cordless Power Tool Hype Continues to Build

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-profactor-cordless-power-tool-hype-012021/

Yeah like they said at the end show stop telling me and just put them out already

New Bosch Profactor Cordless Axial-Glide Miter Saw (Updated)

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-profactor-cordless-axial-glide-miter-saw-surgeon-012021/

Looks great , The only problem is , they will probably loose lots of clients because by the time it hits the market , most people have already bought another brand

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks great , The only problem is , they will probably loose lots of clients because by the time it hits the market , most people have already bought another brand

You’re probably right. Bosch started talking about the cordless miter and table saw when the CORE battery was released. I guess it has taken a lot longer than planned to bring these tools to market.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

Here is a video that runs down the new lineup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-6mOqvcE5w
    It will be interesting to see if some pictures f the new features are going to be effective to drive sales, such as the grinder shutting off if you drop it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is a video that runs down the new lineup

Fantastic, Thank you for posting

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kamster
    Pro

I really, really want the dust boot on the new axial glide miter saw

I hope that Bosch sells that as a part AND that it fits the older axial glide saw

I really, really want the dust boot on the new axial glide miter saw

I hope that Bosch sells that as a part AND that it fits the older axial glide saw

I received the axle glide about a year ago , it comes with a dust boot , is that what you are talking about , how old is your axle glide
    Does it come with a dust boot ,

Kamster
    Pro

The dust boot is a new design and it looks like it extends further down and has a flap on top that stops the bigger dust particles from spraying up and out

I’ve replaced the original dust boot with Dan’s design and one of my designs. its always a trick to get the boot material to be the right thickness and right stiffness to work with both 3/4 inch and 2×4 materials

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is a video that runs down the new lineup

Watched the video very interesting but those prices will be a tough sell IMHO.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.240 seconds