dcsimg

The Official 2019 New Bosch Tool Thread

This topic contains 412 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 hour, 19 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 413 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looking at the list I can see 2 tools I would want the The SpitFire and the Hell-Ion. The charger looks nice and can’t wait to see more specs on it like how fast it can charge. The current “fast” charger is a bit lacking IMHO

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another version of the new tools 2019. I’m not the only one that thinks Bosch may have gone overboard on the names. From the ToolGuyd Site

“First Thoughts
    Bosch needs to make this into a comic book.”

Read his full comments here. Check out the Bosch illustrations for the new tools in the Misfit-Crew

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-cordless-power-tool-misfit-crew/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Another version of the new tools 2019. I’m not the only one that thinks Bosch may have gone overboard on the names. From the ToolGuyd Site

“First Thoughts

Read his full comments here. Check out the Bosch illustrations for the new tools in the Misfit-Crew

I think they do this for social media issues. Isn’t just having model numbers one of the problems with social media recognition issues versus an actual name for a tool? People don’t say, ‘hey Joe, pass me my GAS18V ABC-XYZ tool please’. No they say ‘pass me my Bosch – insert generic tool name here – _________’. But now, the hope is you’ll use their cartoonish nickname instead, ESPECIALLY when talking about them on social media. Creates better specific model recognition for a tool.

That’s my theory and I’m stickin’ with it. Lol!

Another possibility is these Bosch tools will be appearing in some kind of Transformers type movie and this is the initial introduction of their character names to the world with the movie participation announcement to follow. Not likely, but you never know!

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Looking at the list I can see 2 tools I would want the The SpitFire and the Hell-Ion. The charger looks nice and can’t wait to see more specs on it like how fast it can charge. The current “fast” charger is a bit lacking IMHO

Yeah looking at that list of new misfits
    I’ll be looking to adopt
    Hitman or goon
    Strong arm
    Surgeon
    And the Hell ion

I don’t see that 18 volt flex on the list Bill

Doobie
    Pro

It was a standalone further down from the scrollable list.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

On the list Bill posted ?

I know that it’s not on the redemption list , but the 12 volt is

Doobie
    Pro

Yes, on the Bosch announcement Bill posted. Pretty sure that’s where I saw the 18V Flexi with brushless motor. Near the bottom.

EDIT: Sorry, I just went and checked. It’s about 2/5ths the way down that page. Says, ‘coming soon’. No tentative date.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/more/news-and-extras/specials/product-announcements/?campaign_source=newsletter&campaign_medium=email&campaign_id=20190122WOC&spMailingID=58290617&spUserID=Mzg4MjgzODA2MTIS1&spJobID=1562820950&spReportId=MTU2MjgyMDk1MAS2

It even has an SDS-Plus rotary hammer head attachment. Gotta wonder how good that’ll be? I also wonder what this kit will cost? I figure at least $250 USD or somewhere over $300 CAD.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

“First Thoughts

I think they do this for social media issues. Isn’t just having model numbers one of the problems with social media recognition issues versus an actual name for a tool? People don’t say, ‘hey Joe, pass me my GAS18V ABC-XYZ tool please’. No they say ‘pass me my Bosch – insert generic tool name here – _________’. But now, the hope is you’ll use their cartoonish nickname instead, ESPECIALLY when talking about them on social media. Creates better specific model recognition for a tool.

That’s my theory and I’m stickin’ with it. Lol!

Another possibility is these Bosch tools will be appearing in some kind of Transformers type movie and this is the initial introduction of their character names to the world with the movie participation announcement to follow. Not likely, but you never know!

I think you’ve hit on it. Name recognition and easily searchable names has got to be a good part of the reasoning behind these ridiculous names.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I’m not much concerned about what it’s nickname is; I just want to see the cordless mitre saw up close and personal.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’m not much concerned about what it’s nickname is; I just want to see the cordless mitre saw up close and personal.

I would echo that!

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Hey Joe, pass me the Hitman 2.1 and if you don’t mind, see if I have the Goon 3.4 in my truck, if not, I will settle for Butcher 1.8.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the names definitely make things easier…

from what im seeing id like to try the goon, the strongarm and the mitre saw

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

So…anyone got Bosch tats?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yes, on the Bosch announcement Bill posted. Pretty sure that’s where I saw the 18V Flexi with brushless motor. Near the bottom.

EDIT: Sorry, I just went and checked. It’s about 2/5ths the way down that page. Says, ‘coming soon’. No tentative date.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/more/news-and-extras/specials/product-announcements/?campaign_source=newsletter&campaign_medium=email&campaign_id=20190122WOC&spMailingID=58290617&spUserID=Mzg4MjgzODA2MTIS1&spJobID=1562820950&spReportId=MTU2MjgyMDk1MAS2

It even has an SDS-Plus rotary hammer head attachment. Gotta wonder how good that’ll be? I also wonder what this kit will cost? I figure at least $250 USD or somewhere over $300 CAD.

Haha okay my bad I was referring to the list Bill posted just above this one , I didn’t even see the first one on page 1 , just went back , pretty good details , and yeah it’s on the list.
    😘

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

from what im seeing id like to try the goon,

I work around a few Goons everyday LOL!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey Joe, pass me the Hitman 2.1 and if you don’t mind, see if I have the Goon 3.4 in my truck, if not, I will settle for Butcher 1.8.

LMAO!! I wonder what they will call the new vacs?? Linda or Debbie??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro

LMAO!! I wonder what they will call the new vacs?? Linda or Debbie??

No, they should call the vacs ButterCup…..as in ‘Suck it up, Buttercup!’.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So…anyone got Bosch tats?

I saw that too! I wonder if @madman_us got one?

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

First Glimpse: Bosch “Strong Arm” Brushless Circular Saw

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-brushless-circular-saw-gks18v-264gc-strong-arm/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

First Glimpse: Bosch “Strong Arm” Brushless Circular Saw

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-brushless-circular-saw-gks18v-264gc-strong-arm/

I like it , I would have preferred the blade on the other side , but I’ll still buy this saw , finally brushless and 7 1/4 inch. I haven’t heard anything about if it has a light , I also can’t wait to get some of the 8ah bats

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 413 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.560 seconds