dcsimg

The Official 2018 New Bosch Tool Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 881 through 897 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Isn’t World of concrete coming soon?

WOC starts tuesday next week

You getting excited? I wish I could go – maybe someday 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Isn’t World of concrete coming soon?

WOC starts tuesday next week

You getting excited? I wish I could go – maybe someday 🙂

Of course – it’s a fun event. It’s just a 2.5h drive for me.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch Daredevil Spade Bits – Like A Hungry Bullet Through Wood

https://homefixated.com/bosch-daredevil-spade-bits/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

After buying these years ago , I have never bought any other brand yet.
    Definitely not wasting money for those cheaper house brand that I used to buy

Doobie

After buying these years ago , I have never bought any other brand yet.
    Definitely not wasting money for those cheaper house brand that I used to buy

That’s another thing I like about Bosch, they’re drilling and cutting accessories are of good quality. I opt for them over other brands when I can.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I found it interesting that the author recommended using an impact driver to use them with. My experience was that the impact/ daredevil combo did much worse than when I put one in my hdh181.

Otherwise, I agree with the author’s conclusion – these bits are super fast at blowing holes in wood!

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have heard that there are two different levels of bits from Bosch.

Those you buy at normal prices, and those they heavily discount at Black Friday sales. Can this be true?

For example, look at this bit set at Lowes for $24.98.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-65-Piece-Screwdriver-Bit-Set/1000377639

and look at this set at Lowes with a MSRP of $7.48 and discounted at $3.81.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-34-Pack-Screwdriver-Bit/1000140121?AID=10926682&PID=4485850&SID=a70d8c821a5f11e9913abafcfc5720790INT&cm_mmc=AFF_CJ-_-4485850-_-1122587-_-10926682&cjevent=a7402bf61a5f11e9807300810a24060c

OK yes different set. The first one has more bits. But $3.81? The box cost more than that. May be a clearance? But the MSRP was only $7 originally.

Reports seem to suggest that those bits are CRAP.

If true, and I don’t even know whether you can tell them apart, or can you?

Is it possible there are two Chinese plants making Bosch bits? One the normal way and one that takes Harbor Freight bits, spray on blue color and call them Bosch?

Those you buy at normal prices, and those they heavily discount at Black Friday sales. Can this be true?

For example, loo at this bit set at Lowes for $24.98.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-65-Piece-Screwdriver-Bit-Set/1000377639

and look at this set at Lowes with a MSRP of $7.48 and discounted at $3.81.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-34-Pack-Screwdriver-Bit/1000140121?AID=10926682&PID=4485850&SID=a70d8c821a5f11e9913abafcfc5720790INT&cm_mmc=AFF_CJ-_-4485850-_-1122587-_-10926682&cjevent=a7402bf61a5f11e9807300810a24060c

OK yes different set. The first one has more bits. But $3.81? The box cost more than that. May be a clearance? But the MSRP was only $7 originally.

Reports is that those bits are CRAP.

If true, and I don’t even know whether you can tell them apart, or can you?

Is it possible there are two Chinese plants making Bosch bits? One the normal way and one that takes Harbor Freight bits and call them Bosch?

Yeah I think those are for diy and someone who wants a assortment of bits and pieces , I looked at them last year when they came out over here , picked it up and put it back down , nothing of interest to me.
    I don’t think that’s the quality of the Daredevil spade bits.

Doobie

Reports is that those bits are CRAP.

I tried looking at both product pages for both those sets, and couldn’t get enough info to say either way between the two sets whether one is cheaper quality than the other. If I was really interested, I would just call Bosch and ask them, but I think they are all their Black Oxide drill bits versus their more premium Titanium coated ones they sell also.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yeah I think those are for diy and someone who wants a assortment of bits and pieces , I looked at them last year when they came out over here , picked it up and put it back down , nothing of interest to me.
    I don’t think that’s the quality of the Daredevil spade bits.

I don’t remember what I paid for the Daredevil bits, they were not expensive. I have a set with the extension bit (with set screws) and I think I paid $9.99 three years ago.

I tried looking at both product pages for both those sets, and couldn’t get enough info to say either way between the two sets whether one is cheaper quality than the other. If I was really interested, I would just call Bosch and ask them, but I think they are all their Black Oxide drill bits versus their more premium Titanium coated ones they sell also.

I can’t tell either. Generally I have had great experience with Bosch bits. I did a project a few months ago using Bosch masonry bits to install hurricane shutters, drilled over 500 holes on concrete walls in 2 days. The Tapcon bits broke every 20 holes, the Bosch bit lasted over 400 holes with the same rotary hammer. But the Bosch bits were only a few cents more.

But these are DIRY CHEAP. Got me wondering.

May be just bad users? Like using non impact rated bits on an impact driver?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is it possible there are two Chinese plants making Bosch bits? One the normal way and one that takes Harbor Freight bits, spray on blue color and call them Bosch?

Oh yes! I think so!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Could be a lot of the BF items are specially made, especially electronics. Those cheap TVs etc on sale for BF look the same as the more expensive models but internally it is a whole different deal. They carry special model numbers. Could be the same with the bits as well I guess.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Oh yes! I think so!

Really? You think Bosch may risk spoiling their reputation by putting put inferior bits at dirt cheap prices?

Could be a lot of the BF items are specially made, especially electronics. Those cheap TVs etc on sale for BF look the same as the more expensive models but internally it is a whole different deal. They carry special model numbers. Could be the same with the bits as well I guess.

I hope not. I know many manufacturers put out special buy products and serial numbers, but those are just packaging options. I am wondering if the bits can be actually different. Two bits same brand same appearance but different qualities? Then people think of it as real vs faked.

If this is the case, that there are inferior Bosch bits out there, shouldn’t they have called it say DareDevil, DareDevil Minus and DareDevil Min?

Doobie

Oh yes! I think so!

Really? You think Bosch may risk spoiling their reputation by putting put inferior bits at dirt cheap prices?

I think what Dirty is saying is there may be counterfeit Bosch labelled stuff out there. That wouldn’t surprise me either. The Chinese are very unscrupulous with this kind of activity. Anything for a buck!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think what Dirty is saying is there may be counterfeit Bosch labelled stuff out there. That wouldn’t surprise me either. The Chinese are very unscrupulous with this kind of activity. Anything for a buck!

May be stuff bought off eBay from unknown sources may be counterfit Bosch stuff, but from Lowes? There were lots of really cheap bit sets from Bosch during the holidays, with reviews seems to suggest those are bad quality bits. I doubt Lowes would carry counterfit Bosch bits, more likely Bosch cut some corners somewhere, and as consumers I wish there is a way to differentiate between good Bosch consumables vs bad Bosch consumables.

This happens somewhat in many industries. For example in plumbing fixtures certain brand/model faucet is available at plumbing supply houses say for $200. The company wants to sell same faucet at big box stores. Home Depot and Lowes tell the manufacturer sure, you can do that, but for us the retail list needs to be $149.99 with a 40% mark up. So this means the manufacturer needs to sell it to HD for $90. They do that by replacing some brass internal components and pop up drain with plastic. So the stuff you get at Home Depot despite being called the same name and model, have different guts. Same with toilets, they make a big box store version toilet by replacing brass tank and johnni bolts with brass coated steel metal, and the big box store internal toilet trap-way may be unglazed or bottom glazed only. But if you know what to look for, you can tell them apart.

I don’t know how to tell apart a GOOD Bosch bit vs a heavily discounted holiday special buy BAD Bosch bit.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch Jigsaw Review & Cutting Curves in Big Timbers

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch 36V Cordless Drill and Hammer Drill

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-36v-cordless-drill-hammer-drill/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 17 posts - 881 through 897 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.872 seconds