dcsimg

The Official 2018 New Bosch Tool Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Here are pictures of the two.

I have heard speculations that the motors are identical, but the two saws have different features.

Anyone has both? The Mafell is A LOT pricier.

That’s going to be awesome!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ve read elsewhere that the forthcoming Bosch cordless track saw will be made by Mafell

Where ? @CB

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

CB
    Pro

Where? That’s a good question. I’ve been holed up for the last week this winter with 20 windows open at all times… and I don’t mean windows to the outside air. I’ve been staring at LCD windows to the outside world of tools… tool brands that I had never heard of before.

The Bosch/Mafell track saw association was discussed in more than one of those windows, but that was at least 60 windows ago, and my browser doesn’t retain history. I figured you guys would know more about it anyway, since I don’t know much about modern tools, and am only just now playing catch up, motivated by an interest that sprang from simply trying to replace one tool that isn’t made anymore with another tool that looked to be better in all respects.. but required me to adopt a new battery platform to run it.

The adoption of a new battery platform is the gateway drug… I now have four new cordless tools that I never had before, and 4 times less cash in the bank than what I originally envisioned when this all started a couple of weeks ago. Looking back, I probably should have looked at Bosch a little more closely, but Bosch simply doesn’t have the presence locally to see how they feel in the hand.

In the course of reading about cordless tools, a member here posted about being asked by Bosch to take down photos of three forthcoming Bosch tools that are rumoured to debut at World of Concrete. It wasn’t so much the new tools that piqued interest as it was the “taking down” part. What did I miss? So a world wide search of Bosch saws in foreign lands ensued to try and identify these three saws that were alluded to, and that is how I stumbled across the information related to MaFell.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the corded track saw is made by mafell for Bosch, but not the 18V model.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Here are pictures of the two.

I have heard speculations that the motors are identical, but the two saws have different features.

Anyone has both? The Mafell is A LOT pricier.

yes they are pretty much identical, the mafell has a few more features tho.
    AND both are made by mafell

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve read elsewhere that the forthcoming Bosch cordless track saw will be made by Mafell

Where ? @cb

it’s been talked about and the other sites.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Where ? @cb

it’s been talked about and the other sites.

oh I see…

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Is everyone else seeing Bosch’s new X-lock grinder announcements today? That looks like a really nice upgrade on spindles for sure! And now they could probably reverse spin direction too if they wanted. I wonder what other new features they have on their grinders?

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The x-lock system is interesting.

But it requires special x-lock discs and wheels.

I wonder if it’s just x-lock or will it evolve into x-lock, x-lock plus and x-lock Max?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The x-lock system is interesting.

But it requires special x-lock discs and wheels.

I wonder if it’s just x-lock or will it evolve into x-lock, x-lock plus and x-lock Max?

it stays X-LOCK 😀

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Is everyone else seeing Bosch’s new X-lock grinder announcements today? That looks like a really nice upgrade on spindles for sure! And now they could probably reverse spin direction too if they wanted. I wonder what other new features they have on their grinders?

Do they require proprietor discs?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yeah, it’s just like the Starlock for OMT’s – the new x-lock discs work backwards, but no other discs work on the new style grinder.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Sure beats fumbling around wondering where you left the spanner. It will be interesting to see which abrasive mfg’s will offer product with this attachment option.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

But it requires special x-lock discs and wheels

Sell the tool cheap, make money on the consumables.

Sure beats fumbling around wondering where you left the spanner.

I never use the spanner on my grinder. It really does not need to be more than what you can torque by grabbing the wheel and turning by hand against the spindle stop.

Grinding bearings for a living, it was astoundingly hard to teach people not to over tighten the grinding wheels, yet it was a regular need to change the bolt that holds them on the spindle because the hex hole was all wallowed out.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Miamicuse wrote:

Could be. I don’t know why they didn’t design something that is compatible with standard discs and wheels out there. There are tons of grinding and cutting accessories that Bosch doesn’t even make. Does it mean they will make them all now?

That Bosch is becoming more and more proprietary in their newer tools concerns me.

The value proposition may work both ways. Thumbs up for being able to lock/unlock quicker and easier; Thumbs down for not being able to use existing discs, wheels and accessories, as well as not ever being able to take advantage of an accessory offered by someone else that Bosch doesn’t even make.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Miamicuse wrote:

Could be. I don’t know why they didn’t design something that is compatible with standard discs and wheels out there. There are tons of grinding and cutting accessories that Bosch doesn’t even make. Does it mean they will make them all now?

That Bosch is becoming more and more proprietary in their newer tools concerns me.

The value proposition may work both ways. Thumbs up for being able to lock/unlock quicker and easier; Thumbs down for not being able to use existing discs, wheels and accessories, as well as not ever being able to take advantage of an accessory offered by someone else that Bosch doesn’t even make.

I wonder if they’re making the calculation that, if it proves to be a huge time/ hassle saver, it will become the industry standard like the T-shank on jigsaw blades did. Seems like they’re trying to recreate that success in both their Starlock and X-Lock series’s and play the long game that others will follow. That’s where we, the devoted users, play a big role in convincing others that it’s so much better that it’s worth the change over costs.

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The question is whether it is really so much better? The change over costs is steep. I would say a smaller part of that cost is not able to use my existing blades and wheels, a bigger part of that cost is to preclude the possibility of using other vendors’ accessories (until it becomes a true standard that everyone adopts it like T-shank and SDS).

Doobie

Yeah, it’s just like the Starlock for OMT’s – the new x-lock discs work backwards, but no other discs work on the new style grinder.

Hmmmmm…..that’s what I suspected. Thanks Charlie. 👍

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Isn’t World of concrete coming soon?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Isn’t World of concrete coming soon?

WOC starts tuesday next week

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.473 seconds