dcsimg

The Official 2018 New Bosch Tool Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

i guess we will see other things coming out later this year; I remember last year, they did not release all the new tools at the show, some things came out later in the year, I would imagine it will be no different this year

Sure hope so, I am looking forward to the new 12V tools.

Same here, Bill, later in the year would be good, give me a chance to do some more saving up.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Same here, Bill, later in the year would be good, give me a chance to do some more saving up.

At this point I am hoping for the same thing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lon thanks for the article link but for me not much coming out from Bosch in the near term. GPS enabled tools though just isn’t my thing.

I don’t need GPS tools. What am I going to do? Keep up with where I laid my saw down? lol
    Maybe a large company could benefit? I don’t know.

Same here, I would not need them while I’m doing renovations at clients houses,
    Usually I’m either with my old partner, or our electrician friends, or plumber friend, which we all have that expected respect for each other’s tools

But like you mentioned, I could see how it can be useful in big commercial sites or on the shop floor like at the plant I work in.
    Definitely would be nice to be able to track it down, especially when it comes to those big expensive tools.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Lon thanks for the article link but for me not much coming out from Bosch in the near term. GPS enabled tools though just isn’t my thing.

I don’t need GPS tools. What am I going to do? Keep up with where I laid my saw down? lol

GPS would do me no good. That’s why I hope that if a company does that I hope they keep the standard line of batteries and tools for those that don’t need the added cost of all that blueteeth stuff.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

GPS would do me no good. That’s why I hope that if a company does that I hope they keep the standard line of batteries and tools for those that don’t need the added cost of all that blueteeth stuff.

The GPS is pretty much a anti theft protection because the user can set a perimeter for the tool or tools.
    The battery has nothing to do with the technology.
    The tools will be bluetooth-ready, so the user can decide if they purchase the bluetooth module or not.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The GPS is pretty much a anti theft protection because the user can set a perimeter for the tool or tools.
    The battery has nothing to do with the technology.
    The tools will be bluetooth-ready, so the user can decide if they purchase the bluetooth module or not.

I was talking tools in general.. Most of them have blueteeth batteries. Maybe off topic…

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I was talking tools in general.. Most of them have blueteeth batteries. Maybe off topic…

Oh I see…yeah bluetooth batteries make no sense to me.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like the Bosch GHO 12V-20 Brushless Cordless Compact Planer 56mm and the Bosch GKF 12V-8 Trim Router are both available on eBay. Price is not to bad neither is shipping.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looks like the Bosch GHO 12V-20 Brushless Cordless Compact Planer 56mm and the Bosch GKF 12V-8 Trim Router are both available on eBay. Price is not to bad neither is shipping.

Wonder when they will hit the market here. With the $CDN still low, price is not great here.

Wonder when they will hit the market here. With the $CDN still low, price is not great here.

I checked this morning, could not find them on eBay. Ca or com.
    Will be great to see new tools and accessories hit the market.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Probably an import from UK or Germany, or somewhere else from europe.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh I see…yeah bluetooth batteries make no sense to me.

If you were on a job with 160 other guys any of whom could pick your battery off the charger and keep walking it could make more sense as you could know where your battery went.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

even though Bosch didn’t show off much new stuff at WOC there is still quite some new stuff coming.
    brushless bluetooth-ready 18V angle grinder
    12v planer
    12v router
    two new 18V vacs
    the new LDM (GLM400)
    3-plane laser, green and red with dual power option and bluetooth
    GPS for powertools
    12v 3.0 battery
    12v 6.0 battery
    New CORE batteries with 21700 cells – 3ah, 8ah and 12ah
    cordless table saw (designed around the new bats)
    cordless miter saw (designed around the new bats)
    cordless rotary hammer (designed around the new bats)
    cordless angle grinder (designed around the new bats)
    new lboxx designs

I guess that should be enough for now

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

even though Bosch didn’t show off much new stuff at WOC there is still quite some new stuff coming.
    12v planer
    12v router
    two new 18V vacs
    the new LDM (GLM400)
    GPS for powertools
    12v 3.0 battery
    12v 6.0 battery
    new lboxx designs

Thanks for giving us the “big picture”, there is a lot there to get excited about.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I checked this morning, could not find them on eBay. Ca or com.
    Will be great to see new tools and accessories hit the market.

Probably an import from UK or Germany, or somewhere else from europe.

Yep they are
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-GHO-12V-20-Brushless-Cordless-Compact-Planer-56mm-Body-Only/222675531962?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-Professional-06016B0072-GKF-12-V-8-Brushless-Router-12-V-Blue/292443338057?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still not near enough brushless, unless I’m just not seeing them.

12v planer
    12v router
    two new 18V vacs
    the new LDM (GLM400)
    GPS for powertools
    12v 3.0 battery
    12v 6.0 battery
    new lboxx designs

Oh man, that’s a pretty decent start of tools to come, I knew that they would be trying to come out with the bigger tools to power from those new core batteries, make sense. Thanks for the list

Hello all, still lurking, just haven’t commented in a while. Thought I would throw some random things out there….

This is all based on my opinions, I still nerd out about power tools after 20+ years.

brushless bluetooth-ready 18V angle grinder – very cool tool. Just starting out with the connectivity ideas, this tool shows how awesome the potential is for connected power tools.

12v planer – great tool for certain applications. Obviously a small planer is not going to replace a full sized one, but the size and power are really nice on this tool.

12v router – same as planer

two new 18V vacs – these have me really excited. I started pushing for vacs back in 2002 but the technology just wasn’t there yet. These are really nice, seriously.

the new LDM (GLM400) – measuring tools and connectivity are going to get just ridiculously cool.

cordless miter saw (designed around the new bats)- I mentioned that I got to play with a fun tool a couple months, it was this bad boy. Granted it was just a prototype, but it was a badass. My good friend is the lead engineer on this project, so I will definitely be fishing for a “test” tool, haha.

I’ve seen other stuff around the office that will also excite all of you. For obvious reasons I cannot mention what they are, but the next couple years are going to be fun.

Thanks for listening to be ramble. As always, fire away the questions, I will answer anything and everything I can. I might even do research if I don’t know the answer, maybe, probably, ok yes.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Hello all, still lurking, just haven’t commented in a while. Thought I would throw some random things out there….

This is all based on my opinions, I still nerd out about power tools after 20+ years.

brushless bluetooth-ready 18V angle grinder – very cool tool. Just starting out with the connectivity ideas, this tool shows how awesome the potential is for connected power tools.

12v planer – great tool for certain applications. Obviously a small planer is not going to replace a full sized one, but the size and power are really nice on this tool.

two new 18V vacs – these have me really excited. I started pushing for vacs back in 2002 but the technology just wasn’t there yet. These are really nice, seriously.

the new LDM (GLM400) – measuring tools and connectivity are going to get just ridiculously cool.

cordless miter saw (designed around the new bats)- I mentioned that I got to play with a fun tool a couple months, it was this bad boy. Granted it was just a prototype, but it was a badass. My good friend is the lead engineer on this project, so I will definitely be fishing for a “test” tool, haha.

I’ve seen other stuff around the office that will also excite all of you. For obvious reasons I cannot mention what they are, but the next couple years are going to be fun.

Thanks for listening to be ramble. As always, fire away the questions, I will answer anything and everything I can. I might even do research if I don’t know the answer, maybe, probably, ok yes.

Thank you so much for jumping in and keeping the excitement going.

The 12v tools are high on my list but hearing about the new vacs has piqued my curiosity and the battery miter saw … well, what can I say?

Hey good to see you back, thanks for the update. ,
    I’m definitely interested in those vacuums, and the miter and possibly the table saw.
    I wonder how the vacuum would do with fiber glass dust,

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.163 seconds