dcsimg

The Official 2018 New Bosch Tool Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 897 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

For the little guy, it doesn’t mention its capacity.

It holds up to 61 cubic inches of debris (or better to say 1 Liter)

Yes it does Kevin 😛 @Doobie

Oh, we’re you saying the capacity for the CANISTER vac was a liter? I thought you meant the dust buster one. Because that would have been impressive. But for the canister, that seems pretty standard.

@cmeyer25

Well however you want to call it, dust buster or so but I rather call it 18V handheld vacuum cleaner and yes it’s a liter. The other 18V one, the wet/dry vacuum with hepa has 2.6gal, so around 10 Liter (gross) and 6 Liter (net).
    I hope that helps 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I didn’t realize there was going to be a dust buster style one as well…hmm, not a huge fan of that style typically,

It does come with accesorry stems and sweep head to do quickie floor sweep jobs.

The floor accessory is great. I have a makita same style and it really picks up stuff from the floor. Easy to use and much more efficient than sweeping.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I didn’t realize there was going to be a dust buster style one as well…hmm, not a huge fan of that style typically,

It does come with accesorry stems and sweep head to do quickie floor sweep jobs.

The floor accessory is great. I have a makita same style and it really picks up stuff from the floor. Easy to use and much more efficient than sweeping.

That sounds like a pretty useful feature actually.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

For the little guy, it doesn’t mention its capacity.

It holds up to 61 cubic inches of debris (or better to say 1 Liter)

Yes it does Kevin 😛 @doobie

I missed that.

I’ve been tempted to get the Makita.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I hate sweeping lol. so a cordless vac will be nice for it.
    Most of the time I just grab my cordless blower and blow everything out of the shop lol

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You will be amazed what they pick up. The floor looks clean but when you go to empty it is full.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You will be amazed what they pick up. The floor looks clean but when you go to empty it is full.

I’m definitely looking forward to giving those new cordless vacuums a try.

Haven’t posted in a while but I got the 12V router and planer bot too long ago. I’ve been using the router for light duty stuff where getting the dado stack takes more time. Its surprisingly capable for a 12V tool. It’ll push through a 3/4″ single flute insert router bit at 3/8″ depth and make it through with a reasonable rate.

Ergonomics wise its a real winner for flush trim/roundovers, the offset base just makes sense and you’re pushing into the center of gravity and into the workpiece. If corded palm routers could be like this and there was a way to incorporate the plunge function, this kind of offset motor design would be a real winner.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Haven’t posted in a while but I got the 12V router and planer bot too long ago. I’ve been using the router for light duty stuff where getting the dado stack takes more time. Its surprisingly capable for a 12V tool. It’ll push through a 3/4″ single flute insert router bit at 3/8″ depth and make it through with a reasonable rate.

Ergonomics wise its a real winner for flush trim/roundovers, the offset base just makes sense and you’re pushing into the center of gravity and into the workpiece. If corded palm routers could be like this and there was a way to incorporate the plunge function, this kind of offset motor design would be a real winner.

Thanks for the input. This one is on my list for sure now.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

The ergos on it are awesome compared to a normal trim router. The long shaped base makes it stable, the low grip height combined with how your hand towards the base make it great. The only complaint I have so far is there’s no way to really put DC on it, not without doing some serious modification to the base to hook some kind of shroud up. That and the relatively limited travel height means some of the straight bits kind of hang out by 1/8″ or a bit more if you insert them almost fully so you have to side it down on its side.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow here’s a sweet deal Bosch is sponsoring the ToolGuyd to build the Ultimate 12V tool center. First installment here.

https://toolguyd.com/what-should-the-ultimate-bosch-12v-compact-cordless-power-tool-station-include/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow here’s a sweet deal Bosch is sponsoring the ToolGuyd to build the Ultimate 12V tool center. First installment here.

https://toolguyd.com/what-should-the-ultimate-bosch-12v-compact-cordless-power-tool-station-include/

That sounds pretty cool, I didn’t see any thing about the 12 volt plane,
    Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Doobie

Most of the time I just grab my cordless blower and blow everything out of the shop lol

Don’t you find that still messy somewhat.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Man, he’s got money and tools from Bosch, and he’s fishing for ideas from his readers – he won’t have to do much when the time comes!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I keep the blower at a low level…dust stays low.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Let’s see what he builds. definitely curious for the end project

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Let’s see what he builds. definitely curious for the end project

I am too. Nice Bosch stepped up to sponsor the project.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I keep the blower at a low level…dust stays low.

I just find for a large part it just redistributes it where it is harder to get to later unless it is all near my open garage door.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bosch announced their new GBA18V40 CORE18V 4.0 Ah Battery.
    This battery (and 2 bigger ones coming) use 21700 cells.
    price point 99 USD and 129 CAD

http://pressroom.boschtools.com/CORE18V4-0#assets_2429_122603-111

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Bosch announced their new GBA18V40 CORE18V 4.0 Ah Battery.
    This battery (and 2 bigger ones coming) use 21700 cells.
    price point 99 USD and 129 CAD

http://pressroom.boschtools.com/CORE18V4-0#assets_2429_122603-111

Great news that these new batteries are coming to NA. Thanks for the heads up.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.279 seconds