dcsimg

The Official 2018 New Bosch Tool Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 897 total)
  • Author

I don’t know if all of you have heard about this already, but I was talking with a Bosch sales rep today about upcoming tool releases and he said there are a whole slough of tools slated for release next year. The one that sticks out in my memory the most is a cordless tablesaw. So that’ll be cool to see!

What what what, that’s great news, next year, you mean 2019 beginning or end?
    Has to be something else this year? I would imagine.
    I would so much like a cordless table saw.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t know if all of you have heard about this already, but I was talking with a Bosch sales rep today about upcoming tool releases and he said there are a whole slough of tools slated for release next year. The one that sticks out in my memory the most is a cordless tablesaw. So that’ll be cool to see!

pretty much everything designed around the new CORE 2.0
    cordless table saw, miter saw, rotary hammer, angle grinder etc

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

There’s a thread going on on the FOG about the soon to be NA release of the Bosch Track saw. There’s some genuine interest on where folks can get more info on it. Is there a thread here that one could recommend?

http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-tools-accessories/bosch-track-saw-coming-to-canadaus-(mafell-made)/new/?topicseen#new

Any other suggestions?

Who here has one already? IIRC, somebody in Montreal has one. Brian or Eric I think.

There’s a thread going on on the FOG about the soon to be NA release of the Bosch Track saw. There’s some genuine interest on where folks can get more info on it. Is there a thread here that one could recommend?

http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-tools-accessories/bosch-track-saw-coming-to-canadaus-(mafell-made)/new/?topicseen#new

Any other suggestions?

Who here has one already? IIRC, somebody in Montreal has one. Brian or Eric I think.

I believe Eric has the tracks from? But I think he bought the Makita track saw,

@montreal_woodworks

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There’s a thread going on on the FOG about the soon to be NA release of the Bosch Track saw.

Are you over at the FOG forum too?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think there are some reviews on it in this thread.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Any other suggestions?

@montreal_woodworks

I have a Bosch track – the holey rail – for my router but my track saw is Makita on festool rails

Also have the old discontinued Bosch rails that work for my circular saw, but they don’t get much use anymore

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

the most is a cordless tablesaw.

That would be nice for sure.

I’m hopin’ for a cordless beer fridge myself.

😁

Might need a few batteries for that. Unless it had a solar charger built into it.

I would might one too!!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

There’s a thread going on on the FOG about the soon to be NA release of the Bosch Track saw.

Still poke my nose in there once in a while. That forum has changed a lot in the last few years and while I still like all my many Festool tools I have, I’m not the fanboy I used to be early on when I first started into Festool back in 2009.

There’s not much I learn there any lomger and new tools they offer don’t really interest me. I pretty well have everything Festool I want anyways.

Any other suggestions?

@montreal_woodworks

I have a Bosch track – the holey rail – for my router but my track saw is Makita on festool rails

Also have the old discontinued Bosch rails that work for my circular saw, but they don’t get much use anymore

Thanks Eric. Not sure those are the combo hook ups they were necessarily looking for.

I actually found a recent Bosch Track Saw thread here that I linked this post below from it that has a pretty comprehensive video on some of the compatibility issues with Festool tracks they were likely mostly looking for on the FOG.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-track-saw-to-us-3rd-quarter-2018/#post-672528

It seems you need to carefully remove and relocate one of the green plastic surface glide strips to make the Bosch track saw sit square to the Festool rails.

You also need to adjust the guide spacing on the Bosch saw as well so there’s no play on the Festool rails as well as the spacing is factory set for the guide of the Bosch rails.

Not sure if I’ll ever opt for a Bosch track saw unless it was a redemtion. I have the large TS75 which I love, but it would be nice to have a smaller track saw at times. Time will tell!

Still poke my nose in there once in a while. That forum has changed a lot in the last few years and while I still like all my many Festool tools I have, I’m not the fanboy I used to be early on when I first started into Festool back in 2009.

There’s not much I learn there any lomger and new tools they offer don’t really interest me. I pretty well have everything Festool I want anyways.

Any other suggestions?

@montreal_woodworks

Thanks Eric. Not sure those are the combo hook ups they were necessarily looking for.

I actually found a recent Bosch Track Saw thread here that I linked this post below from it that has a pretty comprehensive video on some of the compatibility issues with Festool tracks they were likely mostly looking for on the FOG.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-track-saw-to-us-3rd-quarter-2018/#post-672528

It seems you need to carefully remove and relocate one of the green plastic surface glide strips to make the Bosch track saw sit square to the Festool rails.

You also need to adjust the guide spacing on the Bosch saw as well so there’s no play on the Festool rails as well as the spacing is factory set for the guide of the Bosch rails.

Not sure if I’ll ever opt for a Bosch track saw unless it was a redemtion. I have the large TS75 which I love, but it would be nice to have a smaller track saw at times. Time will tell!

I can confirm that ALL of the accessories for the Bosch/Mafell track, including the plunge saws, have a second groove to use the festool standard track. If you get the Bosch saw, you can use the same rail as your TS75, but you might want to take a bit of time to align it to the same splinter guard edge

Doobie

I can confirm that ALL of the accessories for the Bosch/Mafell track, including the plunge saws, have a second groove to use the festool standard track. If you get the Bosch saw, you can use the same rail as your TS75, but you might want to take a bit of time to align it to the same splinter guard edge

Thanks Eric, that’s good to know.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am definitely anxious about the upcoming track saw, maybe I can get my hands on an early release item 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I am definitely anxious about the upcoming track saw, maybe I can get my hands on an early release item 😛

Wouldn’t that be great? I’d love that myself – you’d stop seeing me with my homemade track real fast if that ever happens, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am definitely anxious about the upcoming track saw, maybe I can get my hands on an early release item

Wouldn’t that be great? I’d love that myself – you’d stop seeing me with my homemade track real fast if that ever happens, lol!

haha I bet you would. that saw would come in handy for many projects.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I am definitely anxious about the upcoming track saw, maybe I can get my hands on an early release item

I know, track saws are so versatile. That’s one thing I’d really REALLY love to see Bosch come out with over here. I don’t need the cordless table saw or miter saws, but a cordless track saw would help me a ton.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I know, track saws are so versatile. That’s one thing I’d really REALLY love to see Bosch come out with over here. I don’t need the cordless table saw or miter saws, but a cordless track saw would help me a ton.

a cordless track saw is still written in the stars 😛 but a corded should do the trick for the time being haha

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

a cordless track saw is still written in the stars but a corded should do the trick for the time being haha

If I’m going to dream, I’m going to dream big, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

a cordless track saw is still written in the stars but a corded should do the trick for the time being haha

If I’m going to dream, I’m going to dream big, lol!

yeah I see haha.
    as far as I heard it’s in development, but who knows how long it may take.
    Mafell did not go with Bosch for their cordless track saw. Somehow they chose metabo. Maybe Bosch didn’t go with them for a reason.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use the Bosch track with my cordless circular saw and it makes a great track saw, so for me the cordless table saw would be really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use the Bosch track with my cordless circular saw and it makes a great track saw, so for me the cordless table saw would be really nice.

Yup, it’s definitely one that I would like, actually, the more cordless for me the better,
    Unless I was full time on a construction jobsite, then I may want some corded tools.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 897 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.899 seconds