dcsimg

The official 2017 new bosch tool thread

This topic contains 608 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  jponto07 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 609 total)
  • Author

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I wonder if Bosch will bring that corded bandsaw with the cutting stand attachment:

That would make the portable bandsaw very versatile.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

i have a love hate with teh dual compatibility charger.. it can help eliminate having to produce 2 different chargers.. as milwaukee has had theirs for a little while now with the fuel line. i just dont like how they arent simoultanious. if your gonna have 2 batteries on a charger they should both charge not sequentially.

teh battery pod is good to see though so it gives more diversity to a battery pack allowing charging of phones, tablets or even a lap top

I am happy that they are going to make a dual charger, but a bit disappointed about not charging simultaneously like you mentioned,
    I have had the Bosch older version that works great, and does charge simultaneously,

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Here the Multi-Bay, Multi-Volt and USB fast-charger. (from Germany, hopefully NA soon too)
    It also includes a wall mount.

and here the USB-Batteryadapter/charger (also Germany) looks like I’ll be ordering some stuff this year from Germany haha.

i heard a rumor that the 18v with shell might power your jacket. oOoOOh will it make it hotter or just last longer.

Here the Multi-Bay, Multi-Volt and USB fast-charger. (from Germany, hopefully NA soon too)

and here the USB-Batteryadapter/charger (also Germany) looks like I’ll be ordering some stuff this year from Germany haha.

i heard a rumor that the 18v with shell might power your jacket. oOoOOh will it make it hotter or just last longer.

Not a rumor. The european bosch website says it clearly on the product page.

Would make it the same temp, since this is basically a transformer.

As for whether it is longer, before waste, you are looking at a 66% increase in voltage over the 12A (18v actual vs 10.8 actual) so an 18v 2.0ah would be like running a 3-1/3 AH 12v battery.

In the real world, there may be more or less loss, so it may do better than a 12v 4ah or may be closer to just an extra battery with similar performance to a 12v 2ah. Cell discarge rates, and efficiency of the transformer will play a part

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

yes the adapter will power the heated jacket 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Woho, that’s great, looks like I will need to start getting some of the 2ah battery packs

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Woho, that’s great, looks like I will need to start getting some of the 2ah battery packs

I like the 2.0ah batteries for many task because they are so lite.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

As for whether it is longer, before waste, you are looking at a 66% increase in voltage over the 12A (18v actual vs 10.8 actual) so an 18v 2.0ah would be like running a 3-1/3 AH 12v battery.

In the real world, there may be more or less loss, so it may do better than a 12v 4ah or may be closer to just an extra battery with similar performance to a 12v 2ah. Cell discarge rates, and efficiency of the transformer will play a part

As long as the 18V slimpack isn’t too awkward in the jacket that could definitely be convenient

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

As long as the 18V slimpack isn’t too awkward in the jacket that could definitely be convenient

Looks like it’s almost ment to clip on your belt which would make it a little more comfortable than I’m the pocket of the jacket.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

really it depends on the location of the pocket too.. i know on my milwaukee hoodie the pocket is really oddly located.. you cant change the battery without taking the hoodie off to get at teh pod

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is really nice idea. I really think this will be a big seller once it gets here.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That is really nice idea. I really think this will be a big seller once it gets here.

Doesn’t dewalt offer the choices in using the 12 or 18 volt battery packs in there heated coats?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Looks like it’s almost ment to clip on your belt which would make it a little more comfortable than I’m the pocket of the jacket.

that would be awesome, I wouldn’t mind longer run times. Hopefully it works better than the 12v. I find that the 12v needs a hard reset after every use.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

We are checking with the Product Manager to see if there is anything that Bosch will release on the subject.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

We are checking with the Product Manager to see if there is anything that Bosch will release on the subject.

Jim

Thanks for chiming in Jim. Looks like “Bosch” in general is coming up with a bunch of new tools this year. Hopefully not only for the european market 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

There are quite a few new tools, which popped up on boschtools.com

the 18V floodlight is back on the website even with its own product page. first there was only a picture to see.
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-lights-gli18v-1900n-177233-p/

the new starlock 18V OMT
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/cordless-oscillating-multi-tools-gop18v-28n-146806-p/

corded bandsaw
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/bandsaws-gcb10-5-146223-p/

I wonder if Bosch will bring that corded bandsaw with the cutting stand attachment:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zxft7KdzJn8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

OK, that is really cool. I have no use for one at all, but I want it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Jim

Thanks for chiming in Jim. Looks like “Bosch” in general is coming up with a bunch of new tools this year. Hopefully not only for the european market 😛

Yeah right on, thanks Jim, it’s looking brighter already lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Jim

I hope they release the new tool to the USA too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

The bandsaw GCB120 will be out in the next couple of months – a little bird told me.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

The bandsaw GCB120 will be out in the next couple of months – a little bird told me.

That’s great news! Another nice looking tool.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 609 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 5.975 seconds