dcsimg

The New "Train a Pro" Forum Category

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

This forum category is dedicated to the sharing of information that can help young tradesmen and women succeed in their careers. The lack of young people entering the trades has been a heavily discussed topic and we want to give experienced tradesmen and women an opportunity to share their experiences with those just starting out.

Feel free to share stories of your first day on the job, or a memorable shop class, trade school or apprenticeship experience. As the forum continues to grow, we are excited to provide a means for experienced construction professionals to give back so the next generation can grow to be just as experienced and accomplished.

Click here to visit the new Train a Pro forum category to start a topic.

Aaron

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am glad you added these two valuable categories. I completely agree that the more training up an coming tradesmen and women get the more successful the industry as a whole will be.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

great category! we need more young people in the trades industry!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

I am definitely excited to glean wisdom from these two new categories! Well done!

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Glad to have these new categories

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great Catagory Aaron, I hope that younger subscribers will get some good ideas.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Interesting, while i am not in the trades professionally it’s surprising to know that there is not much young talent entering the field.

Great new category! Thanks, Aaron.

Orange County, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

very nice idea.. nothing better than passing on what you have learned to the next generation of tradespersons

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Is there a plan to share this information? Does anyone have ideas on how we can spread the word?

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Our goal is to first connect with instructors who could then share the forum with their students, apprentices, or anyone who is new in the trades. “Train a Pro” would be the dedicated forum category to ask and share details about the trades. They also will have access to all the features that other members do (including Pro Community Rewards). Once we get a large enough community of students and apprentices we could work on adding special features just for them. There are countless special programs we could add to the site to help tradesmen and women as they start out in their career.

We are currently working to connect with instructors that we know, but if any of you know of any, you can email me at aaron@bethepro.com and we can get in touch and see if they’d be interested in using BTP for their students/apprentices. Or if you’re close friends with any instructors, you can bring it up and have them get in touch with me if they have any specific questions.

Aaron

This is a really great and creative way to help address the need for training more people in the trades. I am eager to see how it develops in the coming months. Brilliant.

John S

It doesn’t seem as though we have added a lot of instructors to the site as of yet – I am curious how this has developed behind the scenes / what other opinions are on this so far? I definitely still like the idea!

John S

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

John,

We are currently brainstorming through this. It’s an important focus and we want to make sure we do it right. Thanks for keeping this in the back of your mind. We’d love everyone’s support and help when we do start promoting this heavily.

Aaron

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.282 seconds