dcsimg

The New "Introduce Yourself" Sub-Forum

• This topic has 991 replies, 86 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 992 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the forum Jeff!

Jeff has been here for over a year, are you trying ot dig up stuff to say for points or something? I don’t get it.

@BryanT How far back did you have to go to find jaydee’s post? Whats up with digging up old posts? Like Sven said Jeff has been here for a while now!

Here’s the post @RonW if you were curious.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-new-introduct-yourself-sub-forum/#post-140999

I’ll look before I get on a soap box.

Wow, all the way back to the first page!

You gotta be selective draggin’ forward old dogs for discussion.

You’re gonna raise the ire of the BTP finger waggin’ gods doin’resurrections like that. Don’t say you weren’t cautioned when it happens.

Jeff has been here for over a year, are you trying ot dig up stuff to say for points or something? I don’t get it.

@BryanT How far back did you have to go to find jaydee’s post? Whats up with digging up old posts? Like Sven said Jeff has been here for a while now!

Here’s the post @RonW if you were curious.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-new-introduct-yourself-sub-forum/#post-140999

I’ll look before I get on a soap box.

Wow, all the way back to the first page!

Wouldn’t mess with the memory of these guys. Thanks for this. You know Brian, Ron ans Sven have added a lot of info and merit to this site

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks Ed. I have wandered in the past, like all here, but at least my comments are still in the same year.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You’re gonna raise the ire of the BTP finger waggin’ gods doin’resurrections like that. Don’t say you weren’t cautioned when it happens.

sergey was banned and BryanT comes in the next day with all the same moves.

Thanks Ed. I have wandered in the past, like all here, but at least my comments are still in the same year.

I try to say in the same year too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Hello all, Jeff from central Massachusetts here.

I’m a builder / remodeler for the last 17 yrs.

My Company is New Image Construction
    http://www.newimage-construction.com

I’ll look, listen and add my 2-cents if I can,

@BryanT
    it is obvious you have not read the rules. Trolling old posts to make irrelevant replies is a serious issue as it smacks of points gaming. Please refrain from posting if you have no knowledge to add to the forum topic. Being friendly is one thing, but going back to the 1st page of a multiple page thread and dredging up a welcome to the forum post is really quite transparent. Just like a job site, you have to earn your stripes (and your points) around here. We have been monitoring your posts and it would be well for you to simply observe and learn rather than try to force a post where it is obvious you have no expertise. You mentioned in an earlier post that you were here to learn, so I highly suggest that you take this advice. This is your written warning. Next issue and you my find yourself banned from the forum.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

Hello all, Jeff from central Massachusetts here.

I’m a builder / remodeler for the last 17 yrs.

My Company is New Image Construction
    http://www.newimage-construction.com

I’ll look, listen and add my 2-cents if I can,

@BryanT it is obvious you have not read the rules. Trolling old posts to make irrelevant replies is a serious issue as it smacks of points gaming. Please refrain from posting if you have no knowledge to add to the forum topic. Being friendly is one thing, but going back to the 1st page of a multiple page thread and dredging up a welcome to the forum post is really quite transparent. Just like a job site, you have to earn your stripes (and your points) around here. We have been monitoring your posts and it would be well for you to simply observe and learn rather than try to force a post where it is obvious you have no expertise. You mentioned in an earlier post that you were here to learn, so I highly suggest that you take this advice. This is your written warning. Next issue and you my find yourself banned from the forum.

Sorry, did not see that post was dated by 2014…

BryanT

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@BryanT I would suggest writing an honest review on a PT or Tool for the members here that you have used and are familiar with. That always seems to make the peeps here at BTP happy. Anyways, just an idea.

A Working Pro since 2004

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

@BryanT I would suggest writing an honest review on a PT or Tool for the members here that you have used and are familiar with. That always seems to make the peeps here at BTP happy. Anyways, just an idea.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the tools I am using on my job daily may not be familiar to many on this forum.

BryanT

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the tools I am using on my job daily may not be familiar to many on this forum.

I say go for it. That’s how we learn about different tools.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I’m with Ron, let’s see if you can teach us something new.

Always fun to see what and how other people or trades work and the tools they use.

Post up some pictures. Now I’m curious.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Always fun to see what and how other people or trades work and the tools they use.

I don’t remember if I read it somewhere but what do you do? are you a pro contractor or a tinkerer like me?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Unfortunately, the tools I am using on my job daily may not be familiar to many on this forum.

I though this forum was so that we can all learn about tools we use, and broaden our horizons on tools we have never heard of? Are these tools so niche that none of us here would ever have a use for them?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see after all this time you still haven’t read the purpose of the site, Here (in part) is a quote from the rules;

*Our goal with this forum is to create a unique place online that you can improve your skills as a pro and learn from other trade professionals*

I highly suggest you start putting some effort in your posting with some valuable info rather than all the useless worthless jibber jabber, @bryant

I don’t remember if I read it somewhere but what do you do? are you a pro contractor or a tinkerer like me?

You can easily look at my profile it will give you some details,
    I’m in the simulation field, also have had a sideline business for about 15 years in home renos.

While we are on the topic, what is it you do again.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

I am a PST technician. I think I have answered that few times already. Also, the same thing is shown in my profile. The work involves testing/calibrating protection relays at electric substations. All protection relays are solid state and have microprocessors inside them. My main tool is a laptop with a bunch of specialized software. There are no hand tools involved besides a flat/Phillips head screwdriver.

BryanT

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I am a PST technician

What does PST stand for

a flat/Phillips head screwdriver.

Do you have any pics

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a PST technician. I think I have answered that few times already. Also, the same thing is shown in my profile. The work involves testing/calibrating protection relays at electric substations. All protection relays are solid state and have microprocessors inside them. My main tool is a laptop with a bunch of specialized software. There are no hand tools involved besides a flat/Phillips head screwdriver.

Well ok, See that wasn’t so hard. I’ll bet we’ve all heard of a laptop and a screwdriver, Why waste a post like above stating you use tools that we haven’t heard of? Wait, Don’t answer that. I already know why

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

I am a PST technician

What does PST stand for

Do you have any pics

PST stands for Protection Systems and Telemetry.
    No, I do not have any pics of flat/phillips head screwdrivers that I have at work. There are are usually two screwdrivers per bank of relay cabinets, and the techs almost never use them. If there is something wrong with a relay/module, it gets removed and sent to the manufacturer for overhaul. One would not need a screwdriver to remove a relay/module.

BryanT

I am a PST technician

What does PST stand for

Do you have any pics

No, I do not have any pics of flat/phillips head screwdrivers that I have at work. There are are usually two screwdrivers per bank of relay cabinets, and the techs almost never use them. If there is something wrong with a relay/module, it gets removed and sent to the manufacturer for overhaul. One would not need a screwdriver to remove a relay/module.

@BryanT

This would be a great post for the “V8.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?” thread.

Here is the link just in case you didn’t see it yet.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v8-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Don’t think many of us have seen PST equipment before. At least I haven’t. Would be cool to see something new.

I am a PST technician

What does PST stand for

Do you have any pics

This would be a great post for the “V8.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?” thread.

Here is the link just in case you didn’t see it yet.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v8-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Don’t think many of us have seen PST equipment before. At least I haven’t. Would be cool to see something new.

Good point Eric, always interesting to see what the other guys are up to.

Sorry man, your apparent arrogance has overloaded your backside. I truly do not believe that you have any idea of the folks that are on this site. Not talking about myself, but there are folks that would blow your mind with what they know, second thought maybe I could as well. Your comments are so wishy washy that half the time I don’t believe you know what foot you are standing on. Many of here openly admit that there are others here in various fields that we find it amazing to hear or see what they do. Have yet to find anything you do here except change your stories, upset folks, and rack up points. Thats as polite as I can say this to you. So why don’t you at least show the fancy lug nut tightener that you use so regularly on here

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 992 total)
  • The topic ‘The New "Introduce Yourself" Sub-Forum’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.627 seconds