dcsimg

The Jointmaker Pro – Bridge City Tools

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Wonder how often the blade needs to be replaced, and how much it costs?

I can’t seem to find the “custom Japanese blade” on the BCTW site, but I imagine it isn’t cheap haha

It may look like more of a fancy toy for a retired guy to own Dirty, but as was mentioned before, it is definitely hard to beat for the kind of precision it would offer anyone who is a professional maker of really fine, delicate pieces.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

it is definitely hard to beat for the kind of precision it would offer anyone who is a professional maker of really fine, delicate pieces.

I think this is it. For the fine wood working.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I want one,,who much are they?

This super thorough review of the JMP is worth a glance if you are wanting to kill some time / intrigued by the design of the jointmaker. It ain’t cheap, but for certain people, this is a must-have tool (and for most, it just seems overpriced and silly). You can’t help but admit that it is very well designed.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-tool-reviews/the-complete-'jointmaker-pro'-review-a-paradigm-shift-in-woodworking/?all

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I want one,,who much are they?

Only $1385.00

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I played around with one at a show and it is a pretty cool idea, super accurate and quiet. But, it is on the expensive side of things for sure. However, if you need to make detailed cuts this is an accurate and safe way to go.

Orange County, CA

Only $1385.00

key word “only” lol…

@mrtooljunkie
    – did they have the extra fancy fences there to play around with as well?
    Did you think about pulling the trigger on it at all?

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

This super thorough review of the JMP is worth a glance if you are wanting to kill some time / intrigued by the design of the jointmaker. It ain’t cheap, but for certain people, this is a must-have tool (and for most, it just seems overpriced and silly). You can’t help but admit that it is very well designed.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/other-tool-reviews/the-complete-'jointmaker-pro'-review-a-paradigm-shift-in-woodworking/?all

Umm….Aren’t those the same video’s that Dirty posted?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well all I had to do is look at the guys face getting ready to assemble the product, to know it’s not for me.

LOL, He’s got the look of ‘It’s a good thing I get paid by the hour’ 🙂 Actually for me I would enjoy putting it together, I love that sort of thing

Umm….Aren’t those the same video’s that Dirty posted?

Sorry I didn’t look at the last page and was looking more at the text than the videos in the review, but it looks like you are right

John S

@mrtooljunkie – did they have the extra fancy fences there to play around with as well?
    Did you think about pulling the trigger on it at all?

Yes…they did. It is smooth operating and a nice set-up. I really do not need that type of tool as it excels at details and intricate parts – super accurate, but just no real need in my work. Maybe if I did stringing and inlay work more it would be worth exploring. Just my two cents.

Orange County, CA

It looks like a very neat tool in theory but seems like it has a very niche market and unless I get into building lots of super fine boxes I don’t think it is for me either…. although a perk of any bridge city tool is that they sure seem to hold their value – even better than festools

John S

That is true, but to me that is money wasted if you are not going to use it unless you are a collector. Personally I would be putting that money to something else that you needed.

Orange County, CA

Just think how many joints you would have to make to average $2 a joint – that would be almost 700 joints made. Unless you are a collector of unique tools like Scot mentions that is a tough sell.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Just think how many joints you would have to make to average $2 a joint – that would be almost 700 joints made. Unless you are a collector of unique tools like Scot mentions that is a tough sell.

But it sure is pretty.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I had one, I used it and it was an amazing saw. At the time I wasn’t doing any FINE wood working, more construction type so I ended up trading it to some guy for the festool track saw. it works amazing, and glides as well as you would think it does.

Here was mine on a diy stand. The system is amazing, i know eventually I’ll buy another one.

Attachments:
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

When I first saw this I thought it was crap. After the video I was quite impressed!
    I’m sure for the right person this saw would be great.
    I just don’t have the patients for the fine delicate stuff.
    I don’t see many customers that want to pay for the fine detail handwork anymore.

I had one, I used it and it was an amazing saw. At the time I wasn’t doing any FINE wood working, more construction type so I ended up trading it to some guy for the festool track saw. it works amazing, and glides as well as you would think it does.

Here was mine on a diy stand. The system is amazing, i know eventually I’ll buy another one.

Looks like whoever you traded it for got a nice score. It is a nice saw and design and I can see a use for detail work. But, it is pricey and have another tool to store.

Orange County, CA

OldCountryWoodworks
    Pro
    Edmonton, Alberta

I can see where this has a place but you still have to do the math and the setup.

Served apprenticeship in 1977 in Bavaria

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.315 seconds