dcsimg

The Jointmaker Pro – Bridge City Tools

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author

I think it is super cool and ultra precise for joinery cuts. I have been tempted to buy one before but have not done so. I think that it is really innovative but I am not sure I would use it enough to justify — who knows, maybe I would find a need if I had one. Love watching the videos on BCTW.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think that if you are going to spend the money on that, you may as well get a Domnino and save yourself some time, or just get a dovetail jig for a router. If I understand it right, it is nothing more than a helping hand to make different ind of joints anyway. You still have to do the work. Would it really make doing joints that much easier?

I think on smaller scale projects is where it really shines. Some of the stuff people have made with these things are super intricate and I think that some power tools would be too much for the material.

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

Well all I had to do is look at the guys face getting ready to assemble the product, to know it’s not for me.

Any videos of it in action?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Way over the top for me.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Bridge City makes some pretty BA tools but this joint maker seems a bit excessive. I can’t imagine ever needing this level of precision.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

That assembly pictures makes me not want one. Worse than when the wife goes to Ikea. I might buy one used and already assembled.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Out of my league, for sure.

Pat

Not in my league either. I would never get my money’s worth out of it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

YES! I just watched theses and my brain is now splattered!!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice video’s dirty. From the video, it is a crazy cool tool. But I think that it is way more than I will ever need for anything. Maybe in a few years.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice video’s dirty. From the video, it is a crazy cool tool. But I think that it is way more than I will ever need for anything. Maybe in a few years.

My brain is still splattered all over the place!

Well all I had to do is look at the guys face getting ready to assemble the product, to know it’s not for me.

And what is funny is that I think that is someone from the company!

Orange County, CA

I do dig the music…

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

squiggle wood… nice. WAY over the top for this guy.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that is one neat tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That assembly pictures makes me not want one. Worse than when the wife goes to Ikea. I might buy one used and already assembled.

I definitely agree- the assembly is a project in and of itself!! Though those videos of it in action are impressive, it is definitely a niche tool moreso than some of their other tools… Still, it is a very interesting tool to say the least!

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Wonder how often the blade needs to be replaced, and how much it costs?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wonder how often the blade needs to be replaced, and how much it costs?

This tool seems to be more of a toy that a retired guy nees to have to fill his time with ,,,(RedWood??) And if you need to wonder about the blade and cost maybe it’s not for you?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.318 seconds