dcsimg

The impact of “stretching”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

In 2017 I posted somewhere in these forums about my wrists curling up at night. I received feedback about common lifelong injuries within the trades. I posted a theory my instincts were suggesting, lack of blood flow from tightness in muscles and joints.

I’m here to tell you that stretching regularly for a year changed my skeletal structure. My posture aligned, my flat feet grew arches, one day I noticed I can draw straight lines easily, and I’ve become quite ambidextrous with a paint brush. Most important is I’ve got no body aches, and the best part being renewed athleticism 21 year old me would be jealous of.

I was inspired by two people. A yoga instructor and a jiu jitsu coach. One said the one thing to remember from her is to squat every day, the other said flat ground is your friend. Although I never went back to either of them, I used their words to form my own home based system.

The base of my system was to get rid of my chairs and become comfortable sitting on flat ground. Not the stretching they taught in school.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I doubt that your flat feet grew arches. You’ll be a medical wonder. Never happened.

Doobie

I doubt that your flat feet grew arches. You’ll be a medical wonder. Never happened.

I actually recall a waitress I knew who said she did that as well. Have a feeling such is possible.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I have flat feet and I know what I’m talking about. My daughter is the same.
    My wife is nurse and she laughed with tears when I told her about that guy with growing arches.

Doobie

I have flat feet and I know what I’m talking about. My daughter is the same.

My wife is nurse and she laughed with tears when I told her about that guy with growing arches.

I have flat feet as well. I’ll try to remember to ask my podiatrist next time I see him.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I alot can change with yoga. I worked with a woman who had back issues. Once she started doing yoga her issues were gone. She also became yoga instructor.
    My daughter has flat feet also. My wife asked our Pediatrician about getting her orthotics. The Pediatrician wants us try taking her Physiotherapy to see if this will help bring her arches back.

To go back to stretching. It is recommend to stretch before you start work, during the day and at the end of the day. I know must be don’t do. Doing stretches & exercise is how I got rid of tennis elbow without going to a doctor.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

I wouldn’t say your arch grew back, but it was strengthed so it was in a proper more balanced position instead of flat.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stretching is important, I try to do some every day and it helps. I can feel it if I don’t stretch out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have a rib out in my back. Stretch has been helping to get back into place and having pain free day.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

If I don’t stretch , I’ll jam and start to become stiff , I can still touch the floor with my hands , from a standing position , that , and playing hockey (goalie ) oh yeah and Advil or Tylenol lol really help , I do find a difference in mobility especially as I’m growing older ,
    Yeah stretching definitely helps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.321 seconds