dcsimg

The Hack Hall of Fame V4

Viewing 17 posts - 841 through 857 (of 857 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

may be they are limited to only using discarded lumber they can find from job site and home center dumpsters.

No they didn’t use discarded lumber. They use full length PT & Construction lumber. I think they just doing the work now as they have the money. There was stack of deck boards sitting on the frame work the deck for over a month.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

may be they are limited to only using discarded lumber they can find from job site and home center dumpsters.

No they didn’t use discarded lumber. They use full length PT & Construction lumber. I think they just doing the work now as they have the money. There was stack of deck boards sitting on the frame work the deck for over a month.

Are they stoners perhaps? Being stoned can make some people extremely disfunctional logic wise and downright stupid even though they think they are in genius mode while stoned.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Are they stoners perhaps? Being stoned can make some people extremely disfunctional logic wise and downright stupid even though they think they are in genius mode while stoned.

The Homeowner is a stoner forsure. As for the guy doing the work I can’t say.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No they didn’t use discarded lumber. They use full length PT & Construction lumber.

Man what a waste of good lumber. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No they didn’t use discarded lumber. They use full length PT & Construction lumber.

Man what a waste of good lumber. LOL

Yeah I’ll say that to 🤷‍♂️

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

May be they are not “traditional stoners”. May be they are admirers of the Stonehenge. They are trying to build the stairs using the same techniques the Stonehenge builders did LOL.

Doobie

May be they are not “traditional stoners”. May be they are admirers of the Stonehenge. They are trying to build the stairs using the same techniques the Stonehenge builders did LOL.

Well now we know…..Sami is a stoner himself….hehehe!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Academy Award for the Worst Caulking and Grouting Jobs in 2020 are in and the winners are…

Top 10 Worst Caulking and Grouting Jobs for 2020

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Academy Award for the Worst Caulking and Grouting Jobs in 2020 are in and the winners are…

Top 10 Worst Caulking and Grouting Jobs for 2020

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”Top 10 Worst Caulking and Grouting Jobs for 2020 | Pro Tool Reviews” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wz2Y8C-5M4Y?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

That’s a grout video 🤭 his last comment about not giving away the name lol thanks for the chuckle Bill

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

thanks for the chuckle Bill

I thought it was hilarious. How can people live with that mess?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Saw this on another site. I guess it sheds water better this way?

🤭🤭 At least they added support to last outside frame lol
    I can’t see how they thought that was okay

I guess they should have flipped the beam upside dow

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks like my neighbor who did the renos to his house last year is at it again. Last year they told me they were going build new deck at the side of their house The deck has build for since spring with deck boards laying a pile on top of the deck. This week they have had someone build steps down from the deck and put the deck boards on the deck. I am really not sure how safe these steps will be.

I found out today from another neighbor that building inspection did pay my neighbor with new deck a visit. I think was when they started building the deck. I wouldn’t think the building inspector would allow those steps to stay.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I often wonder what people are thinking when they do this stuff.

Greg

Doobie

They should have at least doubled the outer rim joist. Still.

Here, you’re allowed to have a beam supported cantilever not exceeding 2 feet with beam support at least double or triple that cantilever length on its supported alter end (not sure if double or triple the length…no matter).

But that’s not even applicable in that depicted scenario. Can we say….”Hack Job”…..doh, yes!

🚥 🚧 🚨

Looks like my neighbor who did the renos to his house last year is at it again. Last year they told me they were going build new deck at the side of their house The deck has build for since spring with deck boards laying a pile on top of the deck. This week they have had someone build steps down from the deck and put the deck boards on the deck. I am really not sure how safe these steps will be.

I found out today from another neighbor that building inspection did pay my neighbor with new deck a visit. I think was when they started building the deck. I wouldn’t think the building inspector would allow those steps to stay.

Sounds complicated 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Sounds complicated 🤷‍♂️

I think they were planning building bigger deck they had holes dug for sono tubes and everything. I wondered why holes were dug then filled back in.

Greg

Viewing 17 posts - 841 through 857 (of 857 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.899 seconds