dcsimg

The Hack Hall of Fame V4

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 857 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That scarf joint would help for sure. I think I would still drill and bolt or wooden pegs threw it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Those are not easy cuts.

Definitely would be better than what is their now 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks like my neighbor who did the renos to his house last year is at it again. Last year they told me they were going build new deck at the side of their house The deck has build for since spring with deck boards laying a pile on top of the deck. This week they have had someone build steps down from the deck and put the deck boards on the deck. I am really not sure how safe these steps will be.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Looks like my neighbor who did the renos to his house last year is at it again. Last year they told me they were going build new deck at the side of their house The deck has build for since spring with deck boards laying a pile on top of the deck. This week they have had someone build steps down from the deck and put the deck boards on the deck. I am really not sure how safe these steps will be.

looks like they never learned how to cut a stair stringer.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

looks like they never learned how to cut a stair stringer.

LOL!! Yeah that’s what I was thinking. They have worked at this for last 2 days. Mine you not full days.

Greg

Doobie

Geeze, that’s pathetic.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I am really not sure how safe these steps will be.

Too much wrong with this. I would laugh except somebody is going to get hurt. I guess if you’re going to use the wrong wood and design, you may as well use the worst joinery possible while you’re at it.

A perfect example of why there are codes and inspections.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Wow , I hope that person who was building it doesn’t do that for a living 🙄

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Geeze, that’s pathetic.

That’s what I was thinking.

Too much wrong with this. I would laugh except somebody is going to get hurt. I guess if you’re going to use the wrong wood and design, you may as well use the worst joinery possible while you’re at it.

A perfect example of why there are codes and inspections.

I know what you mean: I sure someone will get hurt as they 2 young kids and the wife is bigger woman.

Wow , I hope that person who was building it doesn’t do that for a living

The homeowner isn’t building these himself as he doesn’t work. He has someone doing them for him. But it might be one of the guys who did the siding. I notice a familiar truck parked next to there house when I left for work yesterday.

Greg

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is just pitiful !

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This week they have had someone build steps down from the deck and put the deck boards on the deck. I am really not sure how safe these steps will be.

Not very safe and for not very long either.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Geeze , was that the same guy who did that sofit on the house besides you , hopefully he doesn’t branch out to building decks

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Geeze , was that the same guy who did that sofit on the house besides you , hopefully he doesn’t branch out to building decks

I think it is guy that was helping guy who did the sofit & siding.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

LOL probably or at least they went to the same school of carpentry.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Funny , with all the ways of information around today , I mean books /internet /YouTube and so on , anyone can easily Google stairs and find stair risers , I mean you can even buy them pre cut and everything 🤷‍♂️
    They have them in the racks in big box stores also ,oh well ,

That reminds me of the expression we use in the shop , experience can’t be bought 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Funny , with all the ways of information around today , I mean books /internet /YouTube and so on , anyone can easily Google stairs and find stair risers , I mean you can even buy them pre cut and everything 🤷‍♂️

They have them in the racks in big box stores also ,oh well ,

That reminds me of the expression we use in the shop , experience can’t be bought 🤷‍♂️

I agree. I guess they seem think they doing right I guess. Your right you can’t buy experience. I think there is people that think this.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I agree. I guess they seem think they doing right I guess. Your right you can’t buy experience. I think there is people that think this.

Or they just don’t know any better and figure if it works it must be correct.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Or they just don’t know any better and figure if it works it must be correct.

That is hard one to answer. You never know what people are thinking. I am thinking alot had do with cost. I know they were planning on building a bigger with privacy fence. So far they build a small deck. I thinking it is 4 x 8 in size. I sure it is better then nothing.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

may be they are limited to only using discarded lumber they can find from job site and home center dumpsters.

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 857 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.053 seconds