dcsimg

The Hack Hall of Fame V4

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 786 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This pass fall my neighbors had bunch of work done to his house. They had couple of guys come and put siding,sofit,fascia and new eave troughs on their house. It took the guys about 2 months to do this job. They didn’t work at everyday. The other day I was looking at the back of the house and notice there was gap in the fascia as I saw the wood showing. I guess this doesn’t matter as this is the back of the house. I took a picture of it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The siding is off a 1/2 lap on either side of that window too.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The siding is off a 1/2 lap on either side of that window too.

I am not really sure what you mean. I guess this why I didn’t see it. I guess there could be more mistakes with this job.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now that the mislap is pointed out it really stands out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Geeze. It doesn’t matter if it’s the back side or front of house , they definitely should have done it right , great area to have water or otherwise getting in

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Geeze. It doesn’t matter if it’s the back side or front of house , they definitely should have done it right , great area to have water or otherwise getting in

I agree. You never know there be mistakes at the front of the house too. I know this people probably don’t know any better. I am sure they are pretty happy the improvements they made to their house.

Greg

Clev08
    Pro

They must have saved a lot of money using one less piece of siding…
    Saw a quote recently that seems appropriate. “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They must have saved a lot of money using one less piece of siding…
    Saw a quote recently that seems appropriate. “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”

Yep so true. They were just hung that siding but did not do a good job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is a place for the wasps and bees to live.
    Save the bees! ha ha

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Save the bees! ha ha

Ha ha! I am sure your right and that will there new home. I will have keep my eye out for them.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Save the bees! ha ha

For sure, they will see that opening and for sure build a nest.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We started a basement renovation this week and had to demo out an old bathroom to relocate it . The walls of the bathroom were tiled and they had installed Durrock on the walls for the tile.

On the one wall we found this 3″ stack like this. there were also 2 more screws lower in the stack.

At leas with ABS, the screw plugged the hole and did not allow leaks. With PVC, there probably would have been cracks and leaks.

Attachments:

We started a basement renovation this week and had to demo out an old bathroom to relocate it . The walls of the bathroom were tiled and they had installed Durrock on the walls for the tile.

On the one wall we found this 3″ stack like this. there were also 2 more screws lower in the stack.

At leas with ABS, the screw plugged the hole and did not allow leaks. With PVC, there probably would have been cracks and leaks.

WOW , true about the cracks and possibly leaking with PVC
    Did you notice anything , looks like it was higher up , which is probably better than being lower to the floor I would think ,

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

How did you fix it?

Clev08
    Pro

I think it’s time for a new stud finder!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lucky for them or it could of caused real damage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

How did you fix it?

We will be relocating the pipe in the renovation so this one will go away

Clev08
    Pro

Saw this table at a local furniture store, and it wasn’t even in the clearance section.

Saw this table at a local furniture store, and it wasn’t even in the clearance section.

WOW , reminds me when my wife and I were shopping for a table and chairs , we were standing beside a set in the showroom , and up comes a salesman , he said well this is our top of the line set it’s expensive , 🥺 I laughed and pulled my hand off the back of the chair and said yeah I can see that , showing the huge space between the top of the chair and the sides lol
    We never bought anything from the store LoL

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Crooked table for a crooked house ? Laughing

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 786 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.154 seconds