dcsimg

The Hack Hall of Fame V3

This topic contains 928 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  WoodsConstruction 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 929 total)
  • Author

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Continue the hack talk in this new thread…here is the link to the old thread. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-hack-hall-of-fame-v2/

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

@chadm. The link shows up as a video pane on my end.

Is that what others see? I’ve seen this lately when trying to post links that are links to the forum itself.

Kevin.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Is that what others see? I’ve seen this lately when trying to post links that are links to the forum itself.

That’s odd…I have noticed that links have been acting weird…@bethepro.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

It started a little over a week ago. Jim has notified the webmaster, but obviously t’s not been fixed.

It only seems to happen when you try to paste a link that is a BTP link itself like you just did.

Kevin.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yea I see it that way to. I can’t do anything with it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

the link shows up as a mini version of the forum/website in a video pane. its weird, i thought it was just my computer.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

the link shows up as a mini version of the forum/website in a video pane. its weird, i thought it was just my computer.

I wasn’t sure if it was just me when I first saw that happening a week and a half ago, but obviously it is everybody.

Kevin.

Why close the old one?

I’ve noticed several threads have been shut down, only to have another one started exactly like it, is there a post limit to threads here?

Why close the old one?

I’ve noticed several threads have been shut down, only to have another one started exactly like it, is there a post limit to threads here?

new threads are created when the old one breaks 1000 post or around 51 pages

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Neighbour asked me to look at a couple walls in their basement they want to know out.

I loved the cold air return!

Attachments:

Neighbour asked me to look at a couple walls in their basement they want to know out.

What the hell is that . Someone left there mind at home .

Always willing to learn .

hopefully his first and last time doing that…who ever did this

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Was this the HO’s doing? There are definitely some people who should not touch some things.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Was this the HO’s doing? There are definitely some people who should not touch some things.

Haha previous HO, the one who owns it now was gutting a bunch of questionable work down there.

He hollered over the fence for me to double check if a wall was bearing before he took it out, and then I saw that lol.

hopefully his first and last time doing that…who ever did this

I guess they are unemployed by now with that type of work . Damageing one home at a time .

Always willing to learn .

Clev08
    Pro

Saw a retaining wall on my way home from work yesterday, they stacked the blocks directly on top of each other and each stack is leaning towards the sidewalk, and the corners are not mitered… I’ll try to get a picture today.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Saw a retaining wall on my way home from work yesterday, they stacked the blocks directly on top of each other and each stack is leaning towards the sidewalk, and the corners are not mitered… I’ll try to get a picture today.

Next to a side walk? Sounds like a law suit waiting to happen.

Post the pictures, because what I am picturing based on your description is just crazy stupid.

Will

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@kevin6
    Fixed it.

It seems I have stumbled on a little glitch on the link posting. Here’s what I know:

When posting a BTP link, keep it inline with your text…don’t hit Enter and jump it down the the next line. It seems to post the hyperlink properly when doing this, but not if the link is on a separate line. I can’t explain why, but this has been working for me.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Here’s a good one. Ceramic directly on lenoleum, directly on bc plywood. No underlayment or cement board for either floor. Made demo super easy! Lol!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 929 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.839 seconds