dcsimg

The Game Changer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

http://www.diablotools.com/getyourblade/

Has anyone used one of these yet? Was it really a game changer?

Having a new recip saw I may pick a couple of these up tomorrow as I have some cutting to do with the saw. Would love to hear some thoughts if anyone has used them.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Having a new recip saw I may pick a couple of these up tomorrow as I have some cutting to do with the saw. Would love to hear some thoughts if anyone has used them.

I wasn’t aware that Diablo offered a carbide reciprocating saw blade….Lenox sells a number of them, but they are a bit different. The toothed side of the blade is curved, which supposedly makes it cut better.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Attachments:

No use of those but they sure look interesting with the carbide tip. Do you do a lot of metal cutting?

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have used them. They are pretty nice. Due to the cost, we usually save them for very specific tasks. Occasionally, Home Depot will have a 2 for 1 on them.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have used them to cut some chain link fence posts – they work really well. I keep a couple in my reciprocating saw bax in case I need them.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

No use of those but they sure look interesting with the carbide tip. Do you do a lot of metal cutting?

It is not heavy metal cutting. A lot of downspouts, gutters, random metal here and there and I notice that I really burn through the metal blades. With fall here and the leaves coming off the trees I am in the process of cleaning gutters and downspouts and as I do this I like to check for any that are split on the seam or just in need of replacement. The downspouts are thin but for some reason they are real rough on the blade. It could be that brand new 18v fuel saw that I am using them in.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I have used them. They are pretty nice. Due to the cost, we usually save them for very specific tasks. Occasionally, Home Depot will have a 2 for 1 on them.

That was one thing I noticed right away. At ten dollars a crack they better cut like crazy! It might still be more cost efficient for me to buy cheaper ones that do not last as long.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have used them as well. They do cut great for metal and heavy nail embedded wood.

Doobie

I wonder if they are available in Canada????

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I wonder if they are available in Canada????

They have them at home depot

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I didn’t know that they made the Recip blades as well, thanks for the heads up. I just put a Freud Diablo saw blade on my 18v circ to try it out. First time using this brand.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I wasn’t aware that Diablo offered a carbide reciprocating saw blade….Lenox sells a number of them, but they are a bit different. The toothed side of the blade is curved, which supposedly makes it cut better.

That’s just a regular Bi-Metal blade from Lenox.

I’ll have to take a look next time I’m in HD.

I didn’t know that they made the Recip blades as well, thanks for the heads up. I just put a Freud Diablo saw blade on my 18v circ to try it out. First time using this brand.

Welcome to the 21st century. 😉 Chris, you will notice a big difference with that blade. I’ve been using them for at least 15 years.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That looks like it might be a nice blade to keep in the box. Not something I would need a lot but would be nice cutting old pipes in a remodel.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A carbide recip blade sounds good to me. I will have to try them out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That was one thing I noticed right away. At ten dollars a crack they better cut like crazy! It might still be more cost efficient for me to buy cheaper ones that do not last as long.

Don’t think I will be buying a lot of them but they might be good to have for nail embedded wood.
    I would like to see some feedback from users.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Man they look like a very nice blade.
    And reading some of the comments on this thread, I see they have them at home depot, how are you liking that recip saw.

Look good. Ive had good luck with the milwaulkee torch blade – got a bunch on sale, and havent run out yet (not at the occasional use I have)

I have seen these in HomeDepot here in Canada, however both the price and the lack of immediate need has scared me off of them for now, but the positive review and general advantages of carbide has me thinking I should try them.

Thanks,
    Will

Will

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have used them once to cut off a sign posts for a building. they were 4″ tubes and fairly heavy. They worked well and had a fairly aggressive cut on metal. I don’t know if it saved and money over regular metal blades because they are so much more expensive. It did save time. but I don’t know if the tradeoff was worth it. In some situations, I can definitely see them being worth the price.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I watched the videos on the site. Impressed with how fast they cut.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.665 seconds