dcsimg

The Eight In One Portable Workshop

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Is this one actually available? If I remember correctly, the one Dirty posted had been out of production and we couldn’t actually find it for sale anywhere. At one time, I think that Sears carried it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Is this one actually available? If I remember correctly, the one Dirty posted had been out of production and we couldn’t actually find it for sale anywhere. At one time, I think that Sears carried it.

It looks like it is available. The link in the first post is where you can buy one. I know you’ve been buying a lot of tools lately, maybe this portable workshop is what you need.

Doobie

It looks like it is available. The link in the first post is where you can buy one. I know you’ve been buying a lot of tools lately, maybe this portable workshop is what you need.

LMAO! Good one….Mark with that….too funny! 😁

The reviews about it on Amazon pretty much say there is quality issues with the whole set: http://www.amazon.com/POWER8-Workshop-WS1-Workshop-Armored/dp/B001FWXODC/

Certainly for $600 you could do much better, even buying brand new tools: all the major companies seem to have drill/impact driver sets for under $200 now with two batteries. I think a circular saw, miter saw and jigsaw would just be feasible with the remaining $400 even from good companies.

redwood
    Pro

Really the only manufacture I can think of that could do something like this right would be Festool, though it would cost about $ 5000.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Really the only manufacture I can think of that could do something like this right would be Festool, though it would cost about $ 5000.

I’m sure Ronco could pull it off just fine…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Especially with a late night infomercial showing you all the projects you could make with it in minutes.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Especially with a late night infomercial showing you all the projects you could make with it in minutes.

But the best person to pull it off has died. Billy Mays, he could make anything sound good.
    Maybe they can get Vince Offer to peddle it?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I just saw this thread today, very interesting idea, but the person in the market for this would never want to pay the price required for a set of tools anyone would want to use – even with Billy Mays pitching it!

Will

I just saw this thread today, very interesting idea, but the person in the market for this would never want to pay the price required for a set of tools anyone would want to use – even with Billy Mays pitching it!

Agree and disagree

I could see half my family considering buying it for me as a gift, without first seeing if I need it

Its the Sharper Image strategy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anybdy have a Smithy Brand shop tool set-up? I built a lot of furniture using that set-up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Agree and disagree

I could see half my family considering buying it for me as a gift, without first seeing if I need it

people all over would buy it for their construction/mechanically/woodworking inclined individuals. it would only be bought as a gift, or apartment dwellers. guaranteed they would make a killing just fleecing the uninitiated hahah. Once you received it as a gift you can’t say anything about it being crap lol just gotta grin and bear it .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Agree and disagree

people all over would buy it for their construction/mechanically/woodworking inclined individuals. it would only be bought as a gift, or apartment dwellers. guaranteed they would make a killing just fleecing the uninitiated hahah. Once you received it as a gift you can’t say anything about it being crap lol just gotta grin and bear it .

I would be interested to know if any of the individual tools are actually worth buying. Not that I would ever shell out $600 on something like that, just wondering.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Clev08
    Pro

I’m surprised they don’t call it a fourth something piece kit considering the bits and blades it comes with!

Doobie

This stuff is junk. Landfill destined crap basically.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have always had my eye on the Smitty metal working shop smith. They even come now with a CNC option.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

This stuff is junk. Landfill destined crap basically.

It reminds me of a Swiss Army knife…a whole bunch of features, but none are worth a damn.

I have always had my eye on the Smitty metal working shop smith. They even come now with a CNC option.

Are those things worth it? I see them all the time on Craigslist and they are priced kind of high, IMO. I have no idea if they sell for the asking price though.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy wrote:

Are those things worth it?

If you have limited floor space yes. Like all multi-function machines people tire of always changing over to get to another machine. That takes time an after awhile gets old.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Man that thing looks like a giant steaming pile. I imagine each took works about as well as a ryobi cordless tool.

A couple intrepid diyers I know on Facebook were all Googly eyed about it last year.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.550 seconds