dcsimg

tesla

Tagged: 

• This topic has 41 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by r-ice.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author

I think that this is innovative and great idea. But, costs are going to have to come way down to be feasible for most. I have solar and really like it and it would be great to have a storage capability. But, the cost of this option is very, very high at the moment. Hopefully efficiency and economies of scale will kick in soon.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

By not showing a profit the co. pays no taxes???

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

We’ll apparently they are sold out for 2016 already.

I thought I heard they are spreading themselves thin by expanding too fast.

Tesla stock is doing pretty well recently.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

they can expand all they want, they bought up a battery factory. Their cars are solid and now with this battery pack they are welcoming the rest of us who couldn’t afford the car lol.

Interesting, it makes going off the grid more accessible to average people.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What appeals to me is the $3000 solar rechargeable home battery pack. If Tesla can bring that off then he has a winner. This will allow you to run your house at night with what the sun charged during the day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

We’ll apparently they are sold out for 2016 already.

that doesn’t surprise me. Good technology there

A Working Pro since 2004

they can expand all they want, they bought up a battery factory. Their cars are solid and now with this battery pack they are welcoming the rest of us who couldn’t afford the car lol.

They are supposed to come out with the affordable Model 3 sometime next year.

What appeals to me is the $3000 solar rechargeable home battery pack. If Tesla can bring that off then he has a winner. This will allow you to run your house at night with what the sun charged during the day.

I’m hoping that will happen soon. I like the fact I don’t have to build a shed for the units and everything is self contained. I’m having my PV installed and would love to get off the grid soon.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This tesla has some super innovative ideas that’s for sure. I wonder what type of batteries these power walls are?? How long they will last??? Just how much power will they produce??

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This tesla has some super innovative ideas that’s for sure. I wonder what type of batteries these power walls are?? How long they will last??? Just how much power will they produce??

I believe he will use the same LithIons he is using in the cars. The wall will be designed to power your house at night when most electrical use is down anyway. Do not know if that will support electric heat or cooling. Like most of his announcements this one was big on hype and short on details.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They are supposed to come out with the affordable Model 3 sometime next year.

I’m hoping that will happen soon. I like the fact I don’t have to build a shed for the units and everything is self contained. I’m having my PV installed and would love to get off the grid soon.

they’ve been saying they were coming out with the affordable one for ages now. it’ll eventually come out but hey they were talking about releasing a electric truck, now thats what I would like to see.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If they can make as much power as the Model S it could be a game changer in the truck world.

I’d love to just plug in my van and not have to worry about a combustion engine.

If they can make as much power as the Model S it could be a game changer in the truck world.

I’d love to just plug in my van and not have to worry about a combustion engine.

Maybe that will happen one day. Don’t think it will be soon but maybe one day.

I’d like to see more models come out and hopefully at a lower price.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

looks like the pick up truck is getting a reveal in september. I would totally trade in my gas truck for an electric as long as the price doesn’t kill me.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

That is awesome! Wonder if the price will be comparable to the cars? I’m talking about the pickup not the semi.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve been told the battery only cost 24,000$ when it dies. I was also told by a Tesla rep that the battery has a 8 year warranty.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I seen this article that they are to reveal a truck and semi truck. Yes I said semi truck. They must be doing something good to expand from just cars.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/elon-musk-tesla-to-reveal-pickup-semi-trucks/ar-BBzOs4i?OCID=ansmsnnews11

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe id=”twitter-widget-0″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”true” allowfullscreen=”true” class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” data-tweet-id=”852580027178696704″ title=”Twitter Tweet” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 550px; height: 203.171875px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>
    looks like the pick up truck is getting a reveal in september. I would totally trade in my gas truck for an electric as long as the price doesn’t kill me.

What am I missing here? The twitter post from Elon Musk says they are coming out with a Semi….not a pickup!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.444 seconds