dcsimg

Tenant put grease in toilet

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I would call a plumber.

I know you are new here, but please consider the age of a thread and previous posts before chiming in. The problem was solved quite a while ago.

Seems to be a troll to me. All of his post are BS.

Perhaps…just trying to educate a newbie ether way. Many fresh members tend to dig up old threads and post their solution without reading that the problem has been solved already.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would call a plumber.

I know you are new here, but please consider the age of a thread and previous posts before chiming in. The problem was solved quite a while ago.

Seems to be a troll to me. All of his post are BS.

lol a few come through here every so often, I guess just report his posts.

No need, I’m already aware and on top of it

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Perhaps…just trying to educate a newbie ether way. Many fresh members tend to dig up old threads and post their solution without reading that the problem has been solved already.

Good Job J. If you go and read through all the members post there seems to be a pattern going on.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Good Job J. If you go and read through all the members post there seems to be a pattern going on.

It’s a ‘dirty’ job, but somebody’s gotta do it! 😉

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Exactly, and I did just that before adding my 2cents. BryanT/Sergey all over again!

Jon P.
    Instagram

Pouring grease down a sink or the can is super bad. You can forget running a eel down it, because sure the eel will get through it, but the grease will just close back down in the line after it is pulled out. I came from the industrial setting, & God knows how many times I ran a eel down a sewer to open it up. In our case we never jetted it. We just poured acid down the pipe. Ewwwwww, it would bubble & hiss, and stink to high heaven. But, the pipe would be clean as a whistle when done. Just make sure you use acid & not lye.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Pouring grease down a sink or the can is super bad. You can forget running a eel down it, because sure the eel will get through it, but the grease will just close back down in the line after it is pulled out. I came from the industrial setting, & God knows how many times I ran a eel down a sewer to open it up. In our case we never jetted it. We just poured acid down the pipe. Ewwwwww, it would bubble & hiss, and stink to high heaven. But, the pipe would be clean as a whistle when done. Just make sure you use acid & not lye.

does acid work with the newer plastic pipes? where would you even buy acid that strong?

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Try pouring boiling water down it. Never done that, that’s my disclaimer. Lol

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

someone said here earlier that pouring boiling water doesn’t work as it cools down too much before it hits the clog.

Doobie

someone said here earlier that pouring boiling water doesn’t work as it cools down too much before it hits the clog.

That is a waste of time.

Wow, I didn’t think of tenants dumping grease down drains, I have female products clause in my lease warning of not flushing them. Now I will add grease to lease agreement. The wealth of info. From these forums never ends!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That is a waste of time.

so is there some sort of maintenance spray or something to can use to clean the pipes a little so to speak?

Please remove post, question was already answered.

My apologies

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Wow, I didn’t think of tenants dumping grease down drains, I have female products clause in my lease warning of not flushing them. Now I will add grease to lease agreement. The wealth of info. From these forums never ends!

While you’re at it… add flushable wipes and even paper towels and napkins. All have the potential of causing clogs down stream

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I know a plumber who encountered a different sort of plugged drain…the homeowner had dumped a box of instant mashed potatoes down the drain.

Doobie

I know a plumber who encountered a different sort of plugged drain…the homeowner had dumped a box of instant mashed potatoes down the drain.

What happened exactly with that?

I have a garberator, and while we don’t eat instant mash potatoes, I’ve gotten rid of what are similar types of items in my garberator without any issues. My garberator is situated near where the main stack run is to the street though. That may make a difference.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

what?? why would they do that? just throw it out in the garbage. or were they trying to prove a point?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

What happened exactly with that?

It swelled up in the pipe and wouldn’t budge, he had to cut several feet out and replace.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Years ago when I worked apartment maintenance, I had a tenant dump a huge quantity of uncooked rice down the kitchen sink…total 100% clog.

After using a shop vac, a drain auger and a shop vac again, it was cleared. The whole thing took about 4 hours in total.

Jon P.
    Instagram

I would have a plumber to hydro-jet the line. Especially since there sounds like a ton of grease in that toilet!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydro-jet_cleaning

Jose C.
    Master

Las Vegas Plumber

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.476 seconds