dcsimg

teaser Bosch 4100 router insert

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Brad, this looks incredible! I can’t wait to hear how it works. You could build a fence that connects to your saw’s miter fence so that you could accurately move it forward and back.

Wow Brad that looks really well done. How true are you able to get the Bosch fence set up? What about dust collection? And is that t-track going through the middle of the fence as well? Will you add feather boards, etc

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

yup, feather boards are on the list. The fence does have provisions for t track attachments. My idea is to make a fence with built in dust collection that attaches to the table saw fence. Getting true to the router isn’t needed as it’s only a single point unlike on a table saw.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

My idea is to make a fence with built in dust collection that attaches to the table saw fence

That definitely makes the most sense and would be a great addition – any ideas on how to make it easy/quick to attach/remove?

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think I am going to drill and tap the saw fence and use a set of bolts with knobs to attach.

like these

http://www.leevalley.com/en/images/item/hardware/jigfixtureparts/00m5010s4.jpg

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow man this is looking so nice, I was wondering, How do you keep the board in place? I can’t wait to see the fence mods too. Thanks for the pics.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s only in there by friction fit right now. I am going to make the same kind of inserts that hold the right hand side sliding table on. It’s going to be semi permanent.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have knobs similar to those and they work well.

And the router setup came out sweet. I really like it.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Best mod I have done. I love this thing. Mounted up solid using a 1″x3/16″ flat bar and tapping threads into it. I was going to go with knobs but since you have to slide the end out to get the bars out I am just going to use bolts.

I over sized the holes in the top so you could make sure and get it level with the top.

The added bonus, the top is WAY more sturdy. For that alone, this mod is worth it. I think the digital fence will be a nice addition when it gets here.

I did think about not using the factory end piece and just making the insert bigger. I might do this if I find a need for a t track or miter track as there is no room for one now.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ohhhhh now I see how and why ya did that, Cool. I assumed you’d be connecting it to the table and extension sides but this is way better. The pics tell the story very well for me as I’ve never actually seen the table in person. Sliding it in the track is great. Well done.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Wow Brad you really got after this project! I love the track system that you incorporated.

I hope we will get a review of that digital fence once you get it!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s looking good Brad! Great idea on the sliding track.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ohhhhh now I see how and why ya did that, Cool. I assumed you’d be connecting it to the table and extension sides but this is way better. The pics tell the story very well for me as I’ve never actually seen the table in person. Sliding it in the track is great. Well done.

I thought about going that way, and then it might have been easier to remove. But the reality is it’s easier to just leave it there. And with the added stiffness this adds to the top, I am very happy with it.

Now if I could make one out of AL…

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

With the pictures it makes a whole lot more sense. I understand what you were talking about now. Very nice in deed.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So will the router insert stay on the table or be removed when not in use?

Dirty

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

it’s going to stay on the table and just have the motor remove when in stortage. Used it a lot today and it’s just about perfect. Just need to build a fence

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I built a fence using some poplar, and it came out pretty nice. I laminated three 1×3’s together.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I got some t nuts and knobs and piece of T slot for the table today. Oh, and a dust port.

This has been a great project for me.

Brad T

I got some t nuts and knobs and piece of T slot for the table today. Oh, and a dust port.

This has been a great project for me.

You are killing this project! Super on top of things… Have you found a design of a fence you are hoping to imitate or are you totally winging it?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

it’s going to stay on the table and just have the motor remove when in stortage. Used it a lot today and it’s just about perfect. Just need to build a fence

Will you build a fence that slips over the table saw fence with some tightening screws on the back side?

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.562 seconds