dcsimg

TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

Viewing 4 posts - 1,001 through 1,004 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I’ve got some bad news in regards to this Midnight Madness sale that TEGS is having this coming Friday. It occurred to me that since I couldn’t find that Track Saw package set up they have in the sale flyer on their website at all, I would call them and ask how I would go about ordering it come Friday. I was told that the sale is an in-store event only.

nowhere on that flyer does it say it is not available for over the phone or online ordering and that you have to be in store to get these deals.

I called TEGS today again to see if they would honor a telephone order. No luck.

I have unsubscribed from their email mailouts and will no longer buy from them. Tired of dealing with places that do things half-arse.

I’m thinking of maybe trying to get another online retailer to price match on it come tomorrow. I’ve been really looking at that track saw since this summer and waiting for a deal on it like this one and kinda had my heart set on getting this deal. There’s rarely deals on this track saw up here in Canada.

I had no luck in this regard looking around different retailers for a price match. Most at least require that the item, in this case a special promo package, be posted on the competitors website which in this case it is not.

Again, thanks for wasting my time TEGS tools!!!

Aaargh!!!

CB
    Pro

With 50 pages and 1,000 posts… maybe this thread is approaching time for closure. Which is too bad, because now that I’ve ordered a new Teal tool, I have so many questions to ask about Makita’s dizzying array of offerings… enough questions to fill another 50 pages of a thousand posts.

So what if I decided to go ahead and get a new imnpact driver, as I can forsee a time when my current one will beat it’s last staccato breath.

Makita’s website does not arrange their impact drivers in such a way to make it easy to compare the specifications of each similar tool side by side. And I mean the tools themselves, not the kits they come in.

Stripping away the case (or bag), charger and battery amp hour size included, and considering only the bare tool alone (the “Z” suffix is omitted from the part numbers below), Makita appears to currently offer the following LXT 18V 1/4″ impact drivers:

XDT11 – Has brushes, 1 variable speed, less than 1,500 in lbs, XPT, STAR, 5 3/8″ body length

XDT12 – BL Brushless, 4 variable speed ranges, more than 1,500 in lbs, Quick Shift Mode, Assist Mode, Tightening Mode, XPT, STAR, 4 5/8″ body length

XDT13 – BL Brushless, 1 variable speed range, less than 1,500 in lbs, XPT, STAR, 5″ body length

XDT14 – BL Brushless, 3 variable speed range, more than 1,500 in lbs, Quick Shift Mode, Tightening Mode, XPT, STAR, 4 5/8″ body length

XDT15 – BL Brushless, 2 variable speeds, less than 1,240 in lbs, XPT, STAR, 5 5/16″ body length (The so called “Sub Compact” line, all black, that at 5 5/16″ body length, is actually larger than several of the “full size” models of impact wrenches that have more features and higher torque. I don’t get why Makita continues to call the black XDT15 model a “Sub Compact”, other than spec weight, but all of these tools are 3 lbs, plus or minus .3 lbs, ranging from 2.6 lbs with a 2 ah battery to 3.3 lbs with a 5 ah battery)

XLT01 (A right angle impact driver I have wanted for a long time, where the chuck itself is part of right angle gearing mechanism, similar to the right angle corded drill from Makita that I picked up a decade ago. This is similar, only with an even smaller head, and a 1/4 impact quick change click in chuck rather than a 3 jaw Jacobs style friction chuck. The XLT01 is different enough to not bother comparing, it is in a class by itself.)

XPT02 (Hybrid 4 function hammer drill impact driver)

XST01 BL Brushless, Oil Impulse (quieter impacts), 3 variable speed ranges, less than 355 in lbs, Quick Shift, XPT, STAR, 5 3/8″ body length.

I’m having a devil of a time sorting through how all these impacts differ from each other. Certainly the model comparison undertaken thus far proves that there is no hierarchy inherent in model number. In other words, a numerically higher model number does not at all indicate a better tool, nor a more advanced tool, nor a more recently released tool, nor a higher power tool.

I am particularly focused on body length, because in much of my work experience, I have found where the body length of my older impact and drill drivers exceeded the depth of available space to install the fastener, which requires then breaking out the right angle drill. In many cases, the clearance constraint isn’t so tight as to require the right angle drill, if only the impact driver where just a little bit shorter. I think all of the Makita choices above are shorter than what I’m currently working with, but if going this far, I might as well get the shortest body length possible.

As indicated above, it appears that the XDT12 has the most features, the most torque, and the smallest form factor, than any of the other 1/4″ impact drivers listed for the LXT 18V family.

Would you agree?

Did I miss a model?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Doobie

With 50 pages and 1,000 posts… maybe this thread is approaching time for closure. Which is too bad, because now that I’ve ordered a new Teal tool, I have so many questions to ask about Makita’s dizzying array of offerings… enough questions to fill another 50 pages of a thousand posts.

Don’t sweat it. What is starting to happen is that the thread is starting to ‘break’. They all do this once they hit around 1,000 posts and what is customary is to ask the OP who started the thread to start a fresh one.

In this case, @Dirtywhiteboy will be stepping in to start a new thread to continue on this Makita thread. Just give him a few hours at least and we’ll see a V2 (Version 2) of this same thread he’ll set up for us.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

In this case, @dirtywhiteboy will be stepping in to start a new thread to continue on this Makita thread. Just give him a few hours at least and we’ll see a V2 (Version 2) of this same thread he’ll set up for us.

Here’s the new thread over here..
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/2-teal-timelastest-makita-tools/

@ChadM

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 4 posts - 1,001 through 1,004 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.186 seconds