dcsimg

TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

I think I’ll give Tony Tools a call this week and see what sort of prices they can have for both the Bosch cordless vacs.

@boschmanbrian

I bought mine thru Amazon.ca with a $30 off its $179 normal price. I had intended to buy this unit since last summer but had simply waited til a Bosch discount promo came along.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07G7FPKMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Kevin. I will find out more about info this week when I call them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    CB
    Pro

Please help me pick out a Makita LXT tool.

I already have every basic and common tool there is (albeit in other brands), often in multiple iterations, so I’d prefer something somewhat unusual yet useful, and at the same time unique to Makita. The only condition is that it must utilize the LXT 18/36v battery system, of which I have absolutely zero of at the moment.

So why did I order a bare tool yesterday that takes Makita’s 18v LXT battery, when I don’t have a single battery or charger to run it?

YouTube. Plain and simple. I’ll freely admit it.

That, and frustration.

And perhaps lack of talent.

See, it all started more than 30 years ago, when I tooled up on Makita’s 9.6v long battery line, and ended up with two of their micro miniature 3 3/8″ bladed trim saw, one for wood, one for ceramic tile (had a water bottle and all). I never did cut tile with the fancier one, but I used the wood one to cut drywall with until I wore it out, and then converted the tile cutting saw with the parts from the wood cutting saw and kept on using it to cut drywall.

By drywall, I mean INSTALLED drywall, not new drywall. And by cut, I mean precision pocket cuts for access inside walls, where the ultra thin kerf of Makita’s miniature 3+” blades is so razor thin, I can place the piece of drywall I cut out back into the hole I made and it will stay in place without any mud or tape, that’s how tight the joint is. Of course I still mud, tape, mud, sand, and re-texture the cut out, but not even an oscillating tool can cut a seam so tight, never mind a spiral cut tool. The kerf’s are way too fat in the router type cutters, compared to the thin tin of circular saw blade in my anemic 9.6v trim saws.

But it’s been 30 years now. The two dozen 9.6v NiCd or NiMh long batteries I have are getting so long in the tooth, I have to run four chargers and keep 8 batteries in rotation at all times just to make sure I get through the job.

Enter YouTube. The post millennial time sucker that has metastasized into a sucker of cash… from suckers like me.

I saw a Makita tool for pocket cutting preinstalled drywall that was irresistible. It slices, it dices… but it doesn’t include an extra set of Jinsu knives, or extra blades that fit the saw either. In fact, it doesn’t even include a battery, nevermind a way to charge that battery.

But it does thrust me into yet a fourth battery system (there is no equivalent to this tool from any other tool manufacturer). So while I’m waiting for this tool to arrive in the mail, I realize that I should try to buy at least one more Makita LXT battery operated tool (hopefully, that also includes a battery and a charger) that isn’t a drill or a driver.

I’d prefer something unique. Outstanding. Exclusive. Kind of like this new drywall cutter I ordered. With over 200 tools in the Makita LXT line up, it shouldn’t be too hard to find something special, that will do more than just be a conversation piece.

I have a couple ideas in mind. There is an overhandle miniture chainsaw that I found fascinating, especially because I remember in the 1980’s when over handle chainsaws were outlawed as being too dangerous (but they are extremely handy, compared to the cantilevered weight of back handled chainsaws). The battery operated concrete vibrator was also of interest when crawling under houses for foundation repair.

But then I thought maybe some of you had found a Makita tool that simply changed your life… or at least changed the efficiency and enjoyment of how you get your work done. I still love hanging paper with my Makita powered stapler. While the other guys are punching holes through their WRB installations with hammer tackers, I’m precisely placing staples every 6 inches dead on the studs with minimal penetrations and no punch through repairs. It just suits my style.

I’m looking for something else like that, this time in Makita’s LXT 18/36v line. I mainly do repair and remodeling of existing structures. All ideas and suggestions welcome. It’s TEAL time.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’d prefer something unique. Outstanding. Exclusive.

I’m loooking hard it the Makita Metal cutting saw. The new one has an on board compartment to catch the metal bits. It’s not a tool I use a lot but when I need one it’s a great tool to have.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I saw a Makita tool for pocket cutting preinstalled drywall that was irresistible.

Is this what you bought?

https://www.makita.ca/index2.php?event=tool&id=3045

Aside from that nifty drywall tool which I also ordered the wood cutting blades for also, some usefull items from Makita I have bought this past year since I hoped on their 18V line with first buying their dual battery powered amazingly well balanced 13 inch yard trimmer are a portable fan that can also run off of 110V, a 3 foot concrete vibrator, their little portable vac, a grass shearer, and a shrub trimmer. Hope this helps @CB. Lemme know if you want more details.

CB
    Pro

I saw a Makita tool for pocket cutting preinstalled drywall that was irresistible.

Is this what you bought?

https://www.makita.ca/index2.php?event=tool&id=3045

Lemme know if you want more details.

No. I didn’t buy the tool that you linked.

I WANTED to buy the tool that you linked. Watch two or three videos about the tool that you linked. Was completely sold on the tool that you linked. But COULDN’T buy the tool that you linked. Couldn’t even FIND the tool that you linked on the Makita website. “No Results Found”.

I finally called the local Makita Factory Service Center. They couldn’t find the tool that you linked either.

So I ended up buying this tool instead:

https://cdn.makitatools.com/apps/cms/doc/prod/XDS/cbf93c05-53ec-4392-a32f-c4244b8cf326_XDS01Z_NTFE.pdf

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XDS01Z

I’ll be danged to find a difference between the tool that you linked, and the tool that I (at least attempted to) link. But if anyone can find a difference, I’d be mighty curious to know about it. More curious about knowing the differences than knowing why the heck Makita has to have two different part numbers for what appears to be the same tool.

Doobie

I’ll be danged to find a difference between the tool that you linked, and the tool that I (at least attempted to) link. But if anyone can find a difference, I’d be mighty curious to know about it. More curious about knowing the differences than knowing why the heck Makita has to have two different part numbers for what appears to be the same tool.

I can’t tell the difference either. I know mine just came out this year per speaking with Makita Canada over the phone when I bought it, but it could simply be they changed the model number of it.

My concrete vibrator had a model number change when I went to buy it that caused all sorts of uneccesary delay with the retailer I ordered it from in getting it to me. I discovered that when I phoned Makita myself and asked what the delay might be and it turned out they were simply ordering the older model number and nobody spotted it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

More curious about knowing the differences than knowing why the heck Makita has to have two different part numbers for what appears to be the same tool.

Doobie may have an older discontinued tool and you are looking at a newer one with a newer number on it.

Dirty

Doobie

More curious about knowing the differences than knowing why the heck Makita has to have two different part numbers for what appears to be the same tool.

Doobie may have an older discontinued tool and you are looking at a newer one with a newer number on it.

The other possibility too is that they have different model numbers for different countries for the same tool.

Doobie

I was investigating buying a cordless track saw tonite and just watched this cordless tracksaw comparison review I kinda tripped over. It is long, but pretty thorough and I thought the review was spot on.

I thought he was gonna have his final verdict with the Festool coming out on top the way he had Festol winning most of the categories, but at the end he picked Makita instead. Can’t say I disagree based on his criterias.

Without him coming right out and saying it, I think he more or less points out the Dewalt has many design and quality faults and I don’t think he likes the Dewalt saw at all, but keeps it objective nonetheless.

Myself, you couldn’t give me that Dewalt! Nice boat anchor though, but I don’t own a boat so I truly would never use it….lol!

There’s a good Makita sale this coming Friday on this saw which I may jump on. Rail, two 4.0 batts and dual charger, and two rail clamps for the price of $80 more than bare tool price. I’ve been waitin for this one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There’s a good Makita sale this coming Friday on this saw which I may jump on.

If you get that one will you sell or keep your Fessy,,, oh it’s a bigger saw. I forgot. I’d keep it then.

Dirty

Doobie

There’s a good Makita sale this coming Friday on this saw which I may jump on.

If you get that one will you sell or keep your Fessy,,, oh it’s a bigger saw. I forgot. I’d keep it then.

You’re right, I will definitely keep the larger Festool TS75 which I’ve had for almost ten years now.

I was investigating buying a cordless track saw tonite and just watched this cordless tracksaw comparison review I kinda tripped over. It is long, but pretty thorough and I thought the review was spot on.

I thought he was gonna have his final verdict with the Festool coming out on top the way he had Festol winning most of the categories, but at the end he picked Makita instead. Can’t say I disagree based on his criterias.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/uxNb8_cwfCU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    Without him coming right out and saying it, I think he more or less points out the Dewalt has many design and quality faults and I don’t think he likes the Dewalt saw at all, but keeps it objective nonetheless.

Myself, you couldn’t give me that Dewalt! Nice boat anchor though, but I don’t own a boat so I truly would never use it….lol!

There’s a good Makita sale this coming Friday on this saw which I may jump on. Rail, two 4.0 batts and dual charger, and two rail clamps for the price of $80 more than bare tool price. I’ve been waitin for this one.

Oh yeah , what where and who lol

Thanks for the video was long but very detailed.

Doobie
    CB
    Pro

Is there another way to make that link available? It won’t load on my computer. Actually, it may not matter if it is Canadian. Is there a similar sale on that Makita track saw ensemble available in the USA?

That is ironic, as I watched the same video on cordless track saws last night, probably at the same time, without having read your posts until today. Kind of strange, actually.

I have a large Milwaukee panel saw in my shop. It needs a few repairs, and is impractical to take to work sites. Festool pricing automatically eliminates it from my menu of options, no matter how nice. I’m sure Nordstroms has nicer suits too, but the fanciest clothing store I’ve ever shopped at was JC Pennys.

Anyway, onsite I’ve made do with an 8 foot level laying on its side held by pony or bar clamps to use as a saw guide for panel ripping. I will admit, I’ve recently thought about track saws, even though they didn’t exist when I started out building stuff… and that stuff is still standing square today.

So that track saw is on my very short list of Teal tools that could make the burden of a new battery platform worth the cost and inconvenience. The drywall saw is in the mail, but I still don’t have batteries or a charger for it yet. I was sort of looking for a tool “kit” that would include batteries and a charger, since any teal tool I buy will likely be of infrequent use, given that it will be a “specialty” tool, as all my everyday tool needs are completely covered.

Unless I find a tool kit (with a tool that doesn’t duplicate capabilities that I already have), I’m now leaning toward just buying two of the newest 6ah batteries (which cost more than the tool that I ordered) and the 2 port rapid charger a la carte.

The track saw would add convenience, and presumably equal or better precision for a lot less time invested per cut, than my current practices permit.

Another teal tool I’m looking at is something that would help me cut the thicker hardibacker faster and smoother. It’s a little saw with a dust hood and vacuum port, similr to the metal cutting saws that Dirty was looking at.

And that is the trouble with Makita. Dirty mentions the metal cutting saw with the chip catching shroud… and turns out, Makita makes three or four of them (all USA models). Seriously why? There is a couple of 5 3/8″ models, and a couple of 5 7/8″ models. A half inch difference in blade diameters. Ok, even if there is some justification for maintaining two different blade diameters due to backwards compatibility with different blade manufacturers, why have several different versions of the saw in each blade diameter. This is why I drifted away from Makita 15 years ago. It’s too hard to sort through the subtle differences between seemingly similar models of tools.

Doobie

Is there another way to make that link available? It won’t load on my computer. Actually, it may not matter if it is Canadian. Is there a similar sale on that Makita track saw ensemble available in the USA?

Here’s pics/snippet screenshots of the flyer @CB.

Doobie

Oh yeah , what where and who lol

Since you asked…Tegs in Hamilton. (Hope this link works from an email I received from them as it is not on their site).

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2ee793da29a7fd638dd862333/files/f9f62b0b-a633-42b8-8f34-76673685d92c/Makita_TEGS_Flyer.pdf?utm_source=Subscribers&utm_campaign=ecaed71724-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_11_29_02_43_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f7a2d67ce0-ecaed71724-83863133&mc_cid=ecaed71724&mc_eid=9c3f741e90

It is only on sale this Friday the 7th of December.

EDIT: I also received a second flyer from them this morning, but this time it was all the Bosch stuff they will have deals on this Friday.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2ee793da29a7fd638dd862333/files/12690efc-c87c-4b90-baff-05817ba83212/Bosch_December_2018_Flyer.pdf?utm_source=Subscribers&utm_campaign=b4b5264ab8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_11_29_02_43_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f7a2d67ce0-b4b5264ab8-83863133&mc_cid=b4b5264ab8&mc_eid=9c3f741e90

I’ve got some bad news in regards to this Midnight Madness sale that TEGS is having this coming Friday. It occurred to me that since I couldn’t find that Track Saw package set up they have in the sale flyer on their website at all, I would call them and ask how I would go about ordering it come Friday. I was told that the sale is an in-store event only. Seeing as TEGS is an hour and half away from me and it is a ‘while supplies last’ sorta thing, I ain’t even gonna try going there. Thing is, nowhere on that flyer does it say it is not available for over the phone or online ordering and that you have to be in store to get these deals. That sucks!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s pics/snippet screenshots of the flyer

There’s no priced on that flyer?? That how our Woodcraft store does it here. It really gets me.

Dirty

Doobie

Here’s pics/snippet screenshots of the flyer

There’s no priced on that flyer?? That how our Woodcraft store does it here. It really gets me.

You mean on that polisher in the flyer just above the track saw package deal? I was wondering about that too.

But further in regard to the track saw deal. I’m thinking of maybe trying to get another online retailer to price match on it come tomorrow. I’ve been really looking at that track saw since this summer and waiting for a deal on it like this one and kinda had my heart set on getting this deal. There’s rarely deals on this track saw up here in Canada.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I guess so,,, 2 track saws are better than one any day.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.999 seconds