dcsimg

TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

This topic contains 425 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ben B Jr bbernardesjr87 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 426 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I seem to post up a lot of new Makita tools all over this site so I’ll land them all here from now on…..
    I do want this one next!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/xag10m

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Are they having a big announcement like Milwaukee and dewalt? Are they posed to have a big release this year?

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I seem to post up a lot of new Makita tools all over this site so I’ll land them all here from now on…..
    I do want this one next!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/xag10m

Nice, they do have a very large lineup of tools for sure.

What’s the difference between this one and the one you already have?

I know this one has the electric brake. That’s a good idea.

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice grinder Dirty. Makita makes some fine tools, glad the new releases will all be in one spot.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a great addition for you Dirty. Sometimes it is just hard to beat them.

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have the sliding switch version of that grinder…it’s really powerful! The runtime is quite impressive as well.

Great thread @dirtywhiteboy! I’m impatiently awaiting the arrival of the new brushless reciprocating saws myself!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    @jponto07 wrote:

I’m impatiently awaiting the arrival of the new brushless reciprocating saws myself!

The word I got 2 of them will be coming out late this month!!
    Here’s a quote,,,,,
    Brushless Recip Saw? You got it — we’re releasing TWO later this month, including an 18V X2 (36V) Brushless model. Available very soon, stay tuned…#MakitaUSA

Dirty

Profile photo of Austin
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY
    Profile photo of Daniel
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am quite happy with my bosch grinder. But this one looks good, brushless, thinner grip and a brake. NICE

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

nice… i dont think makita does actual tool release events from what ive seen.. they do show of new tools at the world of concrete show in the winter and then at the international builders show in the fall though… i know they announced the brushless recip back at the builders show

i follow ginwashi as well on insta… just wish his posts were in english.. he gets his hands on all the stuff thats in japan like the laser levels and some of hte high pressure nailers

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-0″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BHRahs9hEWf/embed/captioned/?v=7″ allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”614″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-0″ scrolling=”no” style=”background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 0px; margin: 1px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039) 0px 0px 1px 0px, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 10px 0px; display: block; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” defer=”” src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>
    </figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-1″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BG51ISskGm-/embed/captioned/?v=7″ allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”563″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-1″ scrolling=”no” style=”background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 0px; margin: 1px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039) 0px 0px 1px 0px, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 10px 0px; display: block; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” defer=”” src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>
    </figure>
    A weird looking charger and new radio is coming.

A charger with a screen?? Why?

Jon P.
    Instagram

Profile photo of Warren
    Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Kinda sad when you have to get excited about a grinder as the new tool release. There was a time when Makita looked like they were poised to be king of the hill. That seems to have passed, as Big red and Big yellow have stormed to the front of the pack.

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Makita IS the king of the hill IMO!

I honestly don’t know anyone who uses Milwaukee…and Dewalt is typically reserved for they guys who quite literally don’t know any better and just buy because of the history and the name. They are also the same guys who buy the cheap stuff in general.

FWIW, this grinder is not only brushless but it has a load sensing technology that increases torque and drops RPM when the arbor speed drops, just like the new brushless circular saw. From a tech standpoint, it’s miles ahead of the competition. Other cordless grinders scream to a halt when they are pushed to the limit…this one puts its head down and plows through….so it IS something to get excited about.

Jon P.
    Instagram

I honestly don’t know anyone who uses Milwaukee…and Dewalt is typically reserved for they guys who quite literally don’t know any better and just buy because of the history and the name. They are also the same guys who buy the cheap stuff in general.

FWIW, this grinder is not only brushless but it has a load sensing technology that increases torque and drops RPM when the arbor speed drops, just like the new brushless circular saw. From a tech standpoint, it’s miles ahead of the competition. Other cordless grinders scream to a halt when they are pushed to the limit…this one puts its head down and plows through….so it IS something to get excited about.

ouch, thats pretty blunt and maybe even a little narrow minded. All my tools are Bosch and Makitia. Years ago it was DeWalt. The red tools are tempting, although I will not make the jump. But the comment about the yellow tools, wow! I do not want them, yet I know for a fact that there is some top quality work being done by true pros with them

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

ouch, thats pretty blunt and maybe even a little narrow minded. All my tools are Bosch and Makitia. Years ago it was DeWalt. The red tools are tempting, although I will not make the jump. But the comment about the yellow tools, wow! I do not want them, yet I know for a fact that there is some top quality work being done by true pros with them

Perhaps, but I’ve never had much luck with them, so my opinion has some backing. Certainly there are guys doing great work with Dewalt, but I refuse to invest after some of the experiences I’ve had.

What was so blunt exactly? I don’t like them and I have my reasons…

Jon P.
    Instagram

Perhaps, but I’ve never had much luck with them, so my opinion has some backing. Certainly there are guys doing great work with Dewalt, but I refuse to invest after some of the experiences I’ve had.

What was so blunt exactly? I don’t like them and I have my reasons…

I also have no desire for them, so I understand your feelings there.

The blunt was not intended to be rude or disrespectful in any way. But even though you use typcaly, when talking about the folks that use them or buy them ( can’t remember for sure how you put it, either way) implies, very strongly, about the persons potential as being very limited and not on a professional standard. As you said, IMO

Yeah I agree @siberian. To say someone who uses Dewalt is a lesser pro or cheap is way over the line. I respect everyone’s choice in tools but don’t knock their choices.

I like Dewalt @jponto07…are you calling me cheap and less sophisticated because of that tool choice?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.

are you calling me cheap and less sophisticated because of that tool choice?

Not with that 5240 bone!!

Dirty

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Of course not Andrew! Maybe my words were a bit strong! I will say though that there are hacks that use tools of every color. I know a guy who uses Ryobi stuff and does fantastic work. Tool choice is certainly not indicative of a guy’s skill!

To each his own, but I’ll say again, I’m not a fan because of hundreds of dollars of toasted tools I had to replace.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This grinder is just one more good one to add to their line up of over 44 grinders they already make for all kinds of things.
    Milwaukee has 30 and DeWalt has over 50 ….
    Maybe we should have a separate thread on what is the best tool color as bickering over who is best was not my intent of starting this one
    Well Makita is a woodworking tool company. They are still the only one with beam saws and only Makita has a Chain Mortiser. A 12¼”planera 6¾” planer Makita was the first or maybe Hilti was??? With AVT teck.
    I do not believe the red&black or the yellow&black to be bad tools. I have a lot of yellow and black they are old and diehard!!

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 426 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.901 seconds