dcsimg

TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS V3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Doobie
    Doobie

I just wanted to establish what I already mentioned today about my experience with my foray in discovering what happened with receiving my new duo volt 18V Makita 9 in Cutter Saw I received earlier this week in this dedicated Makita thread.

Copied and pasted as follows from the Toohaholics thread….

So here’s an unexpected outcome on my recent purchase of the duo 18V Makita 9 inch cut off tool I received a few days ago from Atlas Tools in T.O. with its sole intention in purchasing is to use to cut paver stones outside.

Tool arrives, I unpack it, and discover that the blade as depicted on the outer box as well as on the Atlas and Makita Canada and USA websites, is not the one that comes in the box with the saw.

Go and look at what comes with the saw on all three websites, and sure enough, it says it is a different blade. Simply a much cheaper metal cut-off blade than the $140 blade for cutting pavers depicted on all the aforementioned sites and their pics of such.

So I’m on the phone yesterday with the order gal Jackie at Atlas I’ve often dealt with on a totally unrelated matter and mention all this to her. After getting her head wrapped around this, she tells me to email pics of my saw’s box packaging and the cheapo cut-off blade and all the links we talked about on the phone so she can talk to her Makita rep.

Well, today she emails me saying that Makita is saying to send me the $140 blade that is on the box for free. Really didn’t expect this. All I have to do is pay for shipping.

Glad I mentioned it and took all that trouble to get all that stuff together in an email. Initially, I would have been happy to just pay for the blade and they eat the shipping at Atlas which was offered, but she said if I was willing to put all that stuff together, she’d see what Makita would be willing to do. Cool! Glad I made that effort. Paid off.

As I mentioned to Jackie on the phone yesterday, I don’t blame Atlas for this in any way as they do what all online retailers do in that they just simply cut and paste product descriptions directly from manufacturer websites onto their own websites offering items for sale.

This is a Makita screw up in showing a different blade on the product box and on their websites than what comes with this fairly new tool Makita are now offering. Nowhere on the box itself even says that it comes with a blade of any sorts, it is only depicted on the pic of the saw itself that showd the high quality 9in masonry blade on the unit itself.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

They sent you a metal cutting blade instead of a diamond blade.
    And a 9″ diamond blade is not $140. A 14″ could be.

Congratulations , good thing you caught it and called them , guess they will be changing the boxes from now on to save them some money

Doobie

They sent you a metal cutting blade instead of a diamond blade.

And a 9″ diamond blade is not $140. A 14″ could be.

This is the $140 blade here that is on the saw on the packaging and WAS on their website at Atlas which they’ve changed the image of as of yesterday.

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/e-02973/

New image of saw at Atlas here….

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/dce090zx1/

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That $140 blade is the usual marketing gimmick to sell the machine.
    Here you have a $55 9″ Makita diamond blade. The previous model. I doubt you’d tell the difference between them while using them without knowing the price difference.

Doobie

Here you have a $55 9″ Makita diamond blade. The previous model. I doubt you’d tell the difference between them while using them without knowing the price difference.

You may very well be right. I can only find that blade at Atlas in Canada online, but it does sell in the US for $100 at different retailers there.

It doesn’t matter, I’m getting it for free and its what I thought I was buying until it arrived and I checked things further. I have no need for the metal cutting one that came with the saw instead. At least none that I can foresee at this juncture. I wanted it strictly to cut pavers rather than usimg other methods.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Makita E-02515 9" Diamond Blade, Segmented, General Purpose” type=”text/html” width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.ca/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_0OsAszTnKEbSWC&asin=B0843GSSSC&tag=kpembed-20″></iframe></figure&gt;

You may very well be right. I can only find that blade at Atlas in Canada online, but it does sell in the US for $100 at different retailers there.

It doesn’t matter, I’m getting it for free and its what I thought I was buying until it arrived and I checked things further. I have no need for the metal cutting one that came with the saw instead. At least none that I can foresee at this juncture. I wanted it strictly to cut pavers rather than usimg other methods.

How much are they charging you for the shipping , I imagine it can’t be much ,
    I know when I ordered things from Tony tools in MTL , they charge flat rate of around 8 bucks , and use Purolator , I usually get it the next day.

Doobie

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Makita E-02515 9″ Diamond Blade, Segmented, General Purpose” type=”text/html” width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.ca/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_0OsAszTnKEbSWC&asin=B0843GSSSC&tag=kpembed-20″></iframe></figure&gt;

How much are they charging you for the shipping , I imagine it can’t be much ,

I know when I ordered things from Tony tools in MTL , they charge flat rate of around 8 bucks , and use Purolator , I usually get it the next day.

I have a faulty Makita battery that I need to bring in to the Makita service center and head office near me, so I’m gonna ask Atlas if I can pick up the blade there instead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.281 seconds