dcsimg

Table Saw Push stick safety concerns.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Or you can go and do what @doobie does and use the jessem helpers.
    http://www.jessem.com/CLEAR-CUT_TS_STOCK_GUIDES.html

Those are great, but they don’t replace a push stick. The Jessem guides replace featherboards.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Those are great, but they don’t replace a push stick. The Jessem guides replace featherboards.

your right and what push stick do you use with the jessem clear cuts, i still want them but other tool purchases have gotten in the way lol.

Doobie

your right and what push stick do you use with the jessem clear cuts, i still want them but other tool purchases have gotten in the way lol.

Just a simple long piece of scrap ply with a notch cut in the end.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have 2 of those Micro Jig GRR-Ripper for my table saw.
    Bought them from the clearance rack dirt cheap.
    but I also use all kind of scraps for push sticks.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

Update from the manufacturer, I need to send the saw, the wood I was cutting and the bits from the broken push-stick and blade cover for a full investigation.
    Thankfully its new and I have all the original box etc.

Will update as soon as I hear anything.

Bob…

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

That’s pretty much what I can see, I like the look of the jessem guides for accurate finishing cuts?
    Most of my work, to date, doesn’t require high accuracy. I think if I ever get my full workshop set-up and start making furniture these would certainly be a great asset.

Regards

Bob…

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

I have the 4100-09, and a red, plastic push stick, and mine has a little groove in it. Didn’t shatter.

I’m wondering if, since the plate was flung across the room, if maybe the stick got snagged, and pulled the plate up and into the blade, which would account for the missing teeth on the blade, and the shattered stick.

Delta

Yes, I’m pretty sure that the push stick not only got thrown back but also down which in turn probably caused the plate to move and then catch the blade. That was the scary part, the plate ended up several feet behind me, that could have caused more of an injury it had caught me in the face. Thanksfully it didn’t, another good reason not to stand behind your work.

Bob…

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Never liked those, your hands are still awfully close to the blade. If for whatever reason it slips or catches, the plastic won’t shield your hands from the blade, and you have a lot less reaction time than a foot and half long stick.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Never liked those, your hands are still awfully close to the blade. If for whatever reason it slips or catches, the plastic won’t shield your hands from the blade, and you have a lot less reaction time than a foot and half long stick.

Which is why the reaxx is great.

Update from the manufacturer, I need to send the saw, the wood I was cutting and the bits from the broken push-stick and blade cover for a full investigation.

Bob…

Glad to hear it. Bosch customer service is excellent

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Bob…

Very good. I have found that Bosch, in general, are always very interested in the customer and their satisfaction. You don’t see that in too many companies any more.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

Bob…

Very good. I have found that Bosch, in general, are always very interested in the customer and their satisfaction. You don’t see that in too many companies any more.

Well so far they have been very helpful, hoping they continue to stand behind their product, been a life long Bosch user and see no reason to loose confidence at this point.

Bob…

Doobie

I bought one years ago and soon realized that you really need a second set to use them to feed things safely. Still I had two close calls with using them and have rarely used them since. If you inadvertently don’t have them set up just right, you can get yourself into potential trouble. Just not crazy about them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I bought one years ago and soon realized that you really need a second set to use them to feed things safely. Still I had two close calls with using them and have rarely used them since. If you inadvertently don’t have them set up just right, you can get yourself into potential trouble. Just not crazy about them.

I was never crazy about having the hand pass over the blade, i just assume with it set up correctly i shouldn’t have to worry, however as soon as you showed me the jessem clear cuts, thats when i realize i should be running a set of those.

Bob…

it’s good that they are looking in to this for you. hopefully everything turns out well

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Bob…

Exactly thats one reason they sponsor this site. It gives us a direct line to bosch almost and they get feedback from the people using their tools. I wouldnt doubt that they will take care of you

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well looks like they will investigate the problem and figure out how to handle it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I think the table saw is one of those things that has changed very little over the last 50 years. We have a tendency to just accept what we have always used as the best way to do things. I am awaiting someone to come up with a new design. It will make the old table saws obsolete, just like the sliding miter made the radial arm saws obsolete.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I think the table saw is one of those things that has changed very little over the last 50 years. We have a tendency to just accept what we have always used as the best way to do things. I am awaiting someone to come up with a new design. It will make the old table saws obsolete, just like the sliding miter made the radial arm saws obsolete.

The European sliding table tablesaw is probably the state of the art design so far. The downside is that Euro regulations don’t permit a non through cut, so they do not have the arbour length for a dado stack on most of them, and they take a lot of space. Their fences are usually shorter too so that by the time the wood gets to the part of the blade that is pushing the wood up and back, there is no fence to trap the wood in there and that helps prevent kickback.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

as soon as you showed me the jessem clear cuts, thats when i realize i should be running a set of those.

They are great. No regrets buying those for the TS or the other ones for the routes table Jessem makes. Excellent add-ons for both.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

as soon as you showed me the jessem clear cuts, thats when i realize i should be running a set of those.

They are great. No regrets buying those for the TS or the other ones for the routes table Jessem makes. Excellent add-ons for both.

Can you take a picture of your push stick and how you use it in conjunction with the jessem clearcuts?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.593 seconds