dcsimg

Table Saw Push stick safety concerns.

Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just had this happen to me. I am a professional Woodworker / Carpenter of some 40 years with very few incidents and no serious accidents. I had just finished a cut on my Bosch Table Saw with no problems but I must have caught the spinning blade when pulling the push stick away and it exploded, leaving a hole in my hand and shrapnel on my stomach. I was wearing safety glasses or the pieces of plastic could have gone in my eyes.

In my opinion, Bosh needs to replace this item by either using a material that is more stable or not providing a push stick altogether. I am hoping I’ll be one of the lucky ones who still are able to use my hand once heeled but I would suggest if you have this stick, do yourself a large favor and throw it out.

Hmm, so much experience and using the plastic ones.

Never used them. Wood made – by me- are the best. It’s well known the plasticky ones have a tendency to explode.

I too use wooden ones. I feel more comfortable using them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I just had this happen to me. I am a professional Woodworker / Carpenter of some 40 years with very few incidents and no serious accidents. I had just finished a cut on my Bosch Table Saw with no problems but I must have caught the spinning blade when pulling the push stick away and it exploded, leaving a hole in my hand and shrapnel on my stomach. I was wearing safety glasses or the pieces of plastic could have gone in my eyes.

In my opinion, Bosh needs to replace this item by either using a material that is more stable or not providing a push stick altogether. I am hoping I’ll be one of the lucky ones who still are able to use my hand once heeled but I would suggest if you have this stick, do yourself a large favor and throw it out.

Never used them. Wood made – by me- are the best. It’s well known the plasticky ones have a tendency to explode.

I’ll have to make a wooden one or two , what sort of design are you using @Sorpa

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’ll have to make a wooden one or two , what sort of design are you using @Sorpa

Yes it doesn’t hurt to have couple push sticks around. Pretty easy to make and the bonus it uses up scrap wood.

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

This is the one I use. The design that is
    Plywood made : 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is the one I use. The design that is

Plywood made : 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″

Did you make this design?

The design is alittle different they yours. I like it.

Greg

Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.771 seconds